• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main?

GDP

Smash Rookie
The truth is he's had nothing but buffs from melee and that's in terms of matchup spread and relative power level.

He has two new ways of sweetspotting recovery, gentleman has a buffed angle that makes combos free-er, and Fox and Sheik have both been non-negligibly nerfed. You can't even get shine gimped at 0% the same way as melee anymore.

Add all that to the fact that in melee C Falc is theoretically a viable main.

My opinion is that unless there are near-unwinnable matchups that I'm not aware of, Falcon is actually one of the most viable characters to main. He's just not easy for beginners, it will realistically take more than one year of playing him to be able to use him properly if you're new to the game. like me lol I suck.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is true because I've never gone Falcon against Olimar before, but I heard Oli wrecks Falcon. It makes sense considering Falcon would have a hard time DDing around Oli and his short stature making Oli harder to hit.

Styro

Smash Rookie
Falcon is definitely a viable character. He doesn't have any unwinnable match ups, but he is not very forgiving. He has a pretty bad recovery, especially in a game were there are a lot of strong recoveries. This turns him into a don't get hit character or you can just flat out die (his weight makes him easy to combo). However, Falcon has the ability to convert off of small things and kill his opponent with strings. Overall, I feel like he is a high risk high reward. Starting out with him will be frustrating because it will be easier for your opponents to combo and kill you even off of a small hit, but once you learn falcon you will be able to do the exact same thing to them and play safer.

Top Bottom