• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main Stage - Top 3?

Annex

Smash Ace
We all accept, in terms of competition, Dream Land is the fairest and most even stage...

But, when playing to play, what are your favourite stages to do battle on?

My Picks:
  • Mushroom Kingdom.
  • Sector Z.
  • Kongo Jungle.
Hey, sorry man

Everybody in 64 left the forums a while ago due to horrible mods who didn't even play the game. Check the discord or the facebook group

Also I really like Deku Tree - great stage

Much love :173:

Annex

Smash Ace
In all seriousness, d'you think this forum is savable?
The way I see it, the only advantage of a forum over a feed is that you can have discussions or collections of information about a topic that last longer than 2 days. I happen to think that that's a great thing to have - my 759 posts now seem to agree - and it'd be cool if it could come back, but I don't know. It's tough to compete against 2-second entertainment and instant mobile notifications pushed to the lock screen of your everything-device. And also memes.

The only forums I see any more are for prosumer w@nking or to catalogue technical support issues, which makes me think that the medium might just not be competitive enough to survive for hobbies. There's also a big cost in getting people to move platforms, and I'm broke.

But I'll keep checking it here every so often.

:129:

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
I'm a member of the NHL '94 forum and The Elite (the GoldenEye/Perfect Dark forum), both have very active communities and both of whom are also on discord, but use their forums as their main base of operations. Again, this, I believe may go back to what I was saying about the "old-skool," as the ages of said games can attest to. Both forums, also, have many new members signing up.
Those are some good games. I probably should have been able to guess that they'd have forums too, I just didn't know.

Smash might be different in that people tend to congregate in their local scenes, and a scene can fulfill a lot of what forums may be required for in games without them, maybe? I'm usually wrong.
The Smash community is very "inbred," in it's approach, I mean, look at Smashboards, as a whole... If the topic of a discussion doesn't relate entirely to the game, then it becomes moot. Other forums don't operate like that, there're other forms of discussion and thread topics allowed. And, I don't just mean one pinned-post, titled, "Talk about anything within reason... BUT, ONLY HERE! NOWHERE ELSE ARE YOU ALLOWED TO DO THIS DEGENERATE ACT!" (Paraphrasing!) Why can't it be a board of general discussion, among people for which they just happen to come together because of a shared love of 64, and just somewhere for said fans to hang out!
Lol, I actually never thought of that before. But at the same time it's a funny thing to bring up because that has been what FB/Discord has been mostly about - just a community of people who happen to play this same game. Maybe the answer to both of these things is that there's just less investment in pressing "Enter" after a dumb message on FB/Discord than there is in clicking "Post reply" on a forum?

:147:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Personal preferred stage list (for non remix stages:)

S: Dreamland, Hyrule, Peach's, Saffron.
A: Congo, Zebes, Yoshi's (cloudless)
C: Yoshi's (clouds,) Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z.

As noted everyone posts on facebook/discord now.

Top Bottom