• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magnet float bug

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
So I was messing around with Ness the other day when I found something weird with Ness's magnet. So you know how ness gets one mag in midair that allows him to float a sec before falling. However, if Ness does a standing mag then JCs it, it counts as an aerial mag so I lost the float. I ended up losing a match because of this specific bug. Is this on purpose to make his sheild pressure worse, or is this unknown and should be patched?

DHD

Smash Cadet
Seems like something that shouldn't be.

I'm not sure, but I think you can get some more distance with the magnet by B reversing it and wave bouncing it. It might just be with the first one in the air. Been a while since I had the opportunity to play :/

Steak1ey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-3765-3357
yo, i'll show you some proper shield pressure at Wavedash wednesday if you're there. mags the best mayne, you just have to do those JC's super fast
EDIT: Also, JC is not a glitch. It's on purpose and very useful lol

Last edited:

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome. I can do sheild pressure with fox and Lucas but for some reason Ness escapes me.
P.S. I know that Ness can JC mag, my Ness would be really bad otherwise.

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
Yoshi's egg roll does the same thing, for some reason. Using it on the ground and rolling offstage takes away its aerial use until you touch the ground again. Hopefully the PMDT fixes both.

Top Bottom