• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Marathon Day | Yo, let's set a date

Chaco

Never Logs In
We haven't had one of these marathon sessions for quite some time now. I think it'd be a good opportunity to have a marathon Day coincide with marshy's cross-site mafia project and the official launch of the dGames TCG. A date hasn't been confirmed yet but it will likely be on a sunday, where six games of mafia will be spread over ~12 hours. This thread is meant for discussion, for players to sign up and to suggest a date for the marathon day to take place.

Tenative Schedule:

Time: | Host: | Game: | Set-up: | Sign-ups:
12pm EST / 3am AUS / 5pm GMT | Gheb_01 | Popcorn | 4 Vanilla vs 2 Mafioso | 6 slots
1 pm / 4am AUS / 6pm GMT | Laundry | ??? | ??? | 7-9 slots
3pm / 6am AUS / 8pm GMT | ??? | BIM | ??? | Gheb_01, Gorf +10 slots
5pm / 8am AUS / 10pm GMT | Gorf | ??? | ??? | 10-12 slots
8pm / 11am AUS / 1am GMT | ??? | ??? | ??? | Joey + 6-8 slots
10pm / 1pm AUS / 3am GMT | marshy | ??? | ??? | Joey + 6-8 slots

Pending: PJB, Ranmaru, Orbo

:059:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Not sure if I could / would want to commit to something like this. My Sundays are usually spent out in Meatworld.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Reserve me a spot for BiM and hosting the 5 PM game (if that's how this works lol). Depending on when the date is established will obviously determine whether or not I hold those slots, but for now count me /in on both

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's fine. If you want to host a game you'll have to talk to me on Skype sometime soon though.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I thought this is what the mini-mafia thread was supposed to be for.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
please move me from 8pm to 10pm due to unpredictable scheduling at work. ill be good on this

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I was just wanting to play/host in one of these. Providing it's a good day, I'm down to play most of the day. I'd like to host 1 PM slot (is that EST or PST?).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I remember this nonsense happened a lot in the mini mafia thread way back when. Zen would just get a bunch of people in there and run through multiple games in a night. Was good times!

I'll probably be down to play in several of these, as time permits.

S'all Good Man

Ranmaru|Vinyl.
Would be down to do this for a weekend or something, which would take the place of Civ 5 as I'm a busy student you know.

As PJB said, it was good times.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
im down to play in some games, yeah

I don't feel like this is going to happen unless we set a date, tho. whenever is fine by me i expect

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
re: my post above, I can probably do 6pm and 8pm GMT.

Also, is the plan to do these on SWF? Or will there be some Skype / IM games? I don't know whether people prefer voice or not, but I feel like the boards isn't the best format for 'live' games, what with the 40 posts/page, 30 secs between posts etc.

I was also going to suggest we set a date about two weeks from now and try and get this thing rolling?

Chaco

Never Logs In
We should have one game be fire and ice, that's a good marathon game. And I'm down for BIM, and I'll host a game if need be. I'm usually free all day on sundays

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Then somebody else should coordinate this. Somebody who isn't a lazyass mofo like me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think we should start with one Marathon game, see how that goes and then proceed from there. But Marathon Mafia days are always the ****. Best time to run BIM games and some sweet open set ups. DGames revolves around theme games, so I'd be down to see some solid open games ran Marathon style.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yo, I'm gonna take the reins on this and get some Marathonfia going. We need to get this ball rolling. @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ You looking to set a date for this weekend? I'm down to host a game, would like to participate in at least one. But I'm done to do run a few games to get the program moving. It's something I'd like to see happen at least once per month. And I'd definitely be down to do all the grunt work to make it happen.

I'm more than happy to run my favorite Open Fire and Ice, BIM, and for fun a UPick.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sounds good to me. If we can get people down and around to do it, I'm game whenever. This weekend works good for me, but I'm game for anyone's choice really.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So, somehing I've seen discussed lately with two opposing sides is swingy games. So I take this opportunity to say, MARATHON DAY is the time to run those. Modify set ups and give those mechanics "you just wanna see play out" a whirl, because I can assure you that players are gonna care less abut swingy mechanics in a marathon game rather than a game they've invested weeks in to!

@Circus Lol sorry I just read through Necromafia, that was a grueling 10 minute read. :p

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
imo reset the posted schedule and start a new role. i still want that 5:00 pm slot doe n it won't be popcorn if gheb wants it since he called it first (but if he doesn't lemme get it).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dunno how this works but can i get that 5th slot for lovers n friends maf

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
imo reset the posted schedule and start a new role. i still want that 5:00 pm slot doe n it won't be popcorn if gheb wants it since he called it first (but if he doesn't lemme get it).
It'll depend on the date and other stuff. We'll let Chaco restructure this whole thing as he thinks it fits best and then we'll work from there.

Top Bottom