• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well it seems like the mod here is red ryu, so it seems like hes the guy we bug for ****

also the board literally keeeps ffailing everythiime i try to post this :V

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t really know where else to put this but I’ve been thinking of making a Dark Souls mafia. It’d be a reverse mafia where the mafia team are good guys and town are all bosses from the 3 games. There’d also be no night phase.

D

Deleted member

Oh so my mafia game is not next after all and praline's is?

Okay, I guess I can handle that.

D

Deleted member

I’m joking. You can go next.
Thank you!

Also I am a little bit concerned that the new complex rules are going to isolate me from you guys a bit, considering you all are older than I am.
But I will manage.

When the Decisive Mafia Game is finished, I will make the signup thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I suppose I feel safe revealing the theme that I'm planning to do for my game.

It is going to be Final Fantasy!

At first I was a little bit unsure whether it would be tough for people to come up with good fake claims for the game, but given the size of the franchise as a whole and the amount of characters in the series, I think it should be fine.

I'm probably going to need two volunteers for co-hosting the game though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I suppose I feel safe revealing the theme that I'm planning to do for my game.

It is going to be Final Fantasy!

At first I was a little bit unsure whether it would be tough for people to come up with good fake claims for the game, but given the size of the franchise as a whole and the amount of characters in the series, I think it should be fine.

I'm probably going to need two volunteers for co-hosting the game though.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is the only one that can update now.

I’d be down to be one kf the cohosts by the way.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I just thought of something completely out there in terms of Mafia games...

I thought of a game where instead of there being a pre-designated group of Mafia that Town has to lynch, Mafia starts off with only one member.

Essentially, this Mafia member would have the power to "infect" a townie at the end of each night phase; effectively recruiting them to their ranks and the rest of town will have no idea of this happening. Said townie infected would also be able to do the same thing in the following night phase essentially multiplying Mafia's members each night.

In order for Town to win, they need to kill the root member of Mafia who's responsible for the infection which would immediately end the game and the infected members (provided they're still alive) will flip back Town again. Likewise, for Mafia to win they need to outnumber Town.

I know that sounds a bit convoluted and maybe even too broken in favor of Mafia but Town would also have PR's that could protect them from being infected and possibly even heal those already infected to turn them back Town.

Of course this is all an idea but it's something I want to do eventually.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So I just thought of something completely out there in terms of Mafia games...

I thought of a game where instead of there being a pre-designated group of Mafia that Town has to lynch, Mafia starts off with only one member.

Essentially, this Mafia member would have the power to "infect" a townie at the end of each night phase; effectively recruiting them to their ranks and the rest of town will have no idea of this happening. Said townie infected would also be able to do the same thing in the following night phase essentially multiplying Mafia's members each night.

In order for Town to win, they need to kill the root member of Mafia who's responsible for the infection which would immediately end the game and the infected members (provided they're still alive) will flip back Town again. Likewise, for Mafia to win they need to outnumber Town.

I know that sounds a bit convoluted and maybe even too broken in favor of Mafia but Town would also have PR's that could protect them from being infected and possibly even heal those already infected to turn them back Town.

Of course this is all an idea but it's something I want to do eventually.
Essentially, a Cult Leader game.

That's way too broken, honestly. Essentially a game of finding a needle inside a haystack.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
the notion that the infected townies can also infect is incredibly broken

but

have you ever heard of a cultist? essentially hes a 3p-type role that recruits people into the cult. once he dies, the peoples hes recruited are still a cult.

a more balanced way to theorize what youre thinking might look like this, and im spitballing:

-a game with the cultist is 1 v the rest at the beginning. if town lynches the cultist, the game is over. town wins.
-cultist can recruit once per Night, but has no factional kill. that'd be stupid powerful.
-recruits lose their power. thatd mean there need to be neutralizer roles in the game too, but if recruits kept their power it can easily make the bad guys stupidly overpowered.
-once the cultist dies, no more recruiting.
-if a cult recruit dies, the cultist can still recruit
-town would need to have a killing pr, and would need to be able to have vanilla roles so as to maintain the integrity of cult members that get recruited (its p unfair to have nothing but pr's in a game where cult members dont have powers, and cult members keeping their original powers is incredibly overpowered).

it can work, and personally i think recruit games are dope. but theres a fine line between an interesting way to play out the mechanic and a broken horrible mess

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Essentially, a Cult Leader game.

That's way too broken, honestly. Essentially a game of finding a needle inside a haystack.
True but Town would be able to get clued in eventually of who could possibly be the root scum of the game. And if one townie happens to be cured by another townie with healing PR's they would be able to spill the beans and out the root scum of the game.

I think it's interesting if nothing else. Of course I would have to talk to some veteran Mafia players to change certain things and make the game more feasible.
the notion that the infected townies can also infect is incredibly broken

but

have you ever heard of a cultist? essentially hes a 3p-type role that recruits people into the cult. once he dies, the peoples hes recruited are still a cult.

a more balanced way to theorize what youre thinking might look like this, and im spitballing:

-a game with the cultist is 1 v the rest at the beginning. if town lynches the cultist, the game is over. town wins.
-cultist can recruit once per Night, but has no factional kill. that'd be stupid powerful.
-recruits lose their power. thatd mean there need to be neutralizer roles in the game too, but if recruits kept their power it can easily make the bad guys stupidly overpowered.
-once the cultist dies, no more recruiting.
-if a cult recruit dies, the cultist can still recruit
-town would need to have a killing pr, and would need to be able to have vanilla roles so as to maintain the integrity of cult members that get recruited (its p unfair to have nothing but pr's in a game where cult members dont have powers, and cult members keeping their original powers is incredibly overpowered).

it can work, and personally i think recruit games are dope. but theres a fine line between an interesting way to play out the mechanic and a broken horrible mess
Yeah the root scum would have no faction kill. All he can do is infect a member of town to join his ranks. Said scum would also be able to do that once per night.

I kinda understand what you're saying about infected townies being able to recruit being broken but I feel if only the root scum was able to recruit then the game would take a long time to finish lol. But I think you might be right about this.

I was thinking more among the lines of "root scum who infects (or brainwashes in a way)" Town and they become his/her servants until Town lynches/kills the root scum which in turn heals the infected townies and ends the game.

Ideally I would want all townies to have one power (even if they're very underpowered) as a offensive/defensive measure against Mafia in the game.

But yeah as I said i'm only in the thinking stages for this Mafia game. I'm open to any kind of feedback you guys have.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I've got some experimental ideas in store for my game. I'm building a scenario with a three phase cycle. Day, Night, Dawn. Really increase the amount of interaction between players. Basically the exact opposite of the current game, lol.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
kinda sounds like the killing game idea i brought up awhile ago with the trials systems lol

or at least thats where my head goes to off the top of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom