• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the forum we are on I’m surprised a Smash mafia isn’t upcoming in the queue
no one plays smash, just like no one plays smash mafia :troll:
Actually, put me up on the list.
I'll beat all weeb themes with my Fate/Grand Order themed game
cant wait for Saber to roleblock Saber, preventing Saber from protecting Saber from being killed by Saber.
:061:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
This is what happens when I have a +12 hour total flight.
I still have to take another one that's about an hour so expect at least 5 roles out of that.
Well that's definitely some free time you got there, but there's no need to rush it. At the rhythm we have as of now, your game won't be played until end March/begining of April.

So many games on the works... Kinda sad we can only play one at a time, but it would be pretty chaotic otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Well that's definitely some free time you got there, but there's no need to rush it. At the rhythm we have as of now, your game won't be played until end March/begining of April.

So many games on the works... Kinda sad we can only play one at a time, but it would be pretty chaotic otherwise.
Apollo, I don't think you understand my self-control is zero and I need to write down ideas I have on my head in a time frame of 5 minutes or else I forget it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apollo, I don't think you understand my self-control is zero and I need to write down ideas I have on my head in a time frame of 5 minutes or else I forget it
I know that all too well.

That’s why I always most about random video game ideas in the NintenZone

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

It's possible to have multiple games going on at once, provided that they are both small.

That way players aren't in both games, which will cause them to suffer from confusion/inactivity.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You can put me again after everyone else. Or maybe later if I decide to.

I have a theme, and it is not anime. It's Game of Thrones.
So, to be clear, the next themes after the anime theme are DBZ, my theme (which I may or may not reveal early), and Sailor Moon?

With Swamp's Macadamia theme, we got a lot of weeb stuff. Hope mine is a good break, then. :troll:

EDIT: Ah, praline's is Pokémon. So slightly less weeb :p
Guess mine being a lot of different series at the same time was a good starting point for a lot of series focused mafia games XD.
Actually, put me up on the list.
I'll beat all weeb themes with my Fate/Grand Order themed game
I wanna watch the fate series but there's so many that I never actually do. Looking forward to your mafia since the character designs look great and I know its a great series.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Depending on how much you all enjoy my pokemon mafia I’ll prob do Sailor Moon sometime after

D

Deleted member

I'm calling out. Just too much stuff going on for me and I only joined in because of Shisho's promise. Which now he says he'll only do if I win and there's no way I'm going to win if I'm so preoccupied.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm calling out. Just too much stuff going on for me and I only joined in because of Shisho's promise. Which now he says he'll only do if I win and there's no way I'm going to win if I'm so preoccupied.
Do you mean out of the current game?

If so you posted in the wrong thread.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It's fine I'll just kill you off

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Put me down as a potential open set-up, free-for-all mafia style game.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Put me down as a potential open set-up, free-for-all mafia style game.
ooo i like this a lot. I wonder how the roles will work and balance. And its very different from my game of thrones, which is multiple teams. not exactly team-ffa either. Im thinking of adding diplomacy between the factions or "houses".

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
ooo i like this a lot. I wonder how the roles will work and balance. And its very different from my game of thrones, which is multiple teams. not exactly team-ffa either. Im thinking of adding diplomacy between the factions or "houses".
It'd be based on the manga Platinum End, the creators of Death Note.

13 players. Three different roles will be handed out. 5 players get a 2nd rank angel who offers the choice of Wings (for evasion) or Red Arrows (allegiance converter). 5 more players will get a 1st rank angel who will have both Wings and Red Arrows, but can only use one at a time. The final 3 players get Wings, Red Arrows, and also White Arrows that kill.

Red Arrows essentially make others "fall in love" with you, and thus they are considered on your team. When a player is lynched or killed by a White, anyone they pierced with a red arrow returns to being self-aligned. However, when a player is in love with another, actions and votes made against them won't count because you cannot betray your feelings.

Players who are targeted with a white arrow are saved if they have someone in love with them, because they will sacrifice themselves.

Players that die who were struck by a red arrow give any angelic tools they have to the one they loved. In other words, if they had wings or white arrows and you didn’t, they give them to you. This way players can effectively increase their rank.

I'd probably add various other mechanics to it, like if two players target each other with an arrow, the arrows hit each other and cancel out; or a player can wield an arrow defensively to protect themselves from one target of their choice.

Basically the game would be about diplomacy, strategic planning, and eliminating competition.

The only problem is that 2nd rank angel players have no long-term incentive to pick the angel Wings. They can't be pierced by any arrows, but they'd only ever be a team of one--themselves. They'd always lose to someone that can form a +2 group to outnumber them.

I’d probably have to alter it by making 2nd rank angels only have red arrows, yeah. If someone has wings, they can never increase their rank by getting the other abilities.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It'd be based on the manga Platinum End, the creators of Death Note.

13 players. Three different roles will be handed out. 5 players get a 2nd rank angel who offers the choice of Wings (for evasion) or Red Arrows (allegiance converter). 5 more players will get a 1st rank angel who will have both Wings and Red Arrows, but can only use one at a time. The final 3 players get Wings, Red Arrows, and also White Arrows that kill.

Red Arrows essentially make others "fall in love" with you, and thus they are considered on your team. When a player is lynched or killed by a White, anyone they pierced with a red arrow returns to being self-aligned. However, when a player is in love with another, actions and votes made against them won't count because you cannot betray your feelings.

Players who are targeted with a white arrow are saved if they have someone in love with them, because they will sacrifice themselves.

Players that die who were struck by a red arrow give any angelic tools they have to the one they loved. In other words, if they had wings or white arrows and you didn’t, they give them to you. This way players can effectively increase their rank.

I'd probably add various other mechanics to it, like if two players target each other with an arrow, the arrows hit each other and cancel out; or a player can wield an arrow defensively to protect themselves from one target of their choice.

Basically the game would be about diplomacy, strategic planning, and eliminating competition.

The only problem is that 2nd rank angel players have no long-term incentive to pick the angel Wings. They can't be pierced by any arrows, but they'd only ever be a team of one--themselves. They'd always lose to someone that can form a +2 group to outnumber them.

I’d probably have to alter it by making 2nd rank angels only have red arrows, yeah. If someone has wings, they can never increase their rank by getting the other abilities.
Ngl I got a bit confused once but this sounds very fun and strategic. The fact that you can upgrade your rank is awesome it's like gaining experience to level up! I'd imagine it would be hard to play as little finger since he would probs start with a team of him and himself :p

The roles themselves won't be as wierd and complex as the current mafia but I'll try to make them match the character.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ngl I got a bit confused once but this sounds very fun and strategic. The fact that you can upgrade your rank is awesome it's like gaining experience to level up! I'd imagine it would be hard to play as little finger since he would probs start with a team of him and himself :p

The roles themselves won't be as wierd and complex as the current mafia but I'll try to make them match the character.
Yeah, its different from what we are used to. I think people would catch on quick though because mainly there are three actions that can be taken, which are all mafia actions: kill, commute, and cult convert. People still vote during the Day like normal. No one is mafia but rather everyone is "third party".

I'm mainly just curious to see how people would work together, betray one another, and how they'd decide who should be voted out.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do have 2 more ideas for mafia’s after my pokemon one.

A meta af NintenZone one. We’d all be playing as eachother.

A Super Mario Odyssey one. One person would be a captured goomba, and the rest would all be regular goombas and y’all would have to figure out who was the captured one before they converted half the players. The game would only end if either the capturer got lynched or if they captured atleast 50% of the cast. I’d want a smaller cast of like 10 people so it would only last 4-5 days tops. There would also be no night phase.

Does that sound like it would be fun?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I do have 2 more ideas for mafia’s after my pokemon one.

A meta af NintenZone one. We’d all be playing as eachother.

A Super Mario Odyssey one. One person would be a captured goomba, and the rest would all be regular goombas and y’all would have to figure out who was the captured one before they converted half the players. The game would only end if either the capturer got lynched or if they captured atleast 50% of the cast. I’d want a smaller cast of like 10 people so it would only last 4-5 days tops. There would also be no night phase.

Does that sound like it would be fun?
How does the meta one even work?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I actually did a meta Mafia back in the Community Hangout. Very fun. I'd love to be on the player side of one.
ooo you should help praline with the hosting, before it actually starts. Just explain how you made your work and be so fun and then you can be a player in her game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gonna recommend against the Nintenzone one.

That has potential for some...

Favoritism and unfortunate implications.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Looks like Swamp is worried about being made into a role... or there being a lack of one. :smirk:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, everything should be updated.

Please tell me if I made a mistake.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You can put me again after everyone else. Or maybe later if I decide to.

I have a theme, and it is not anime. It's Game of Thrones.

Guess mine being a lot of different series at the same time was a good starting point for a lot of series focused mafia games XD.

I wanna watch the fate series but there's so many that I never actually do. Looking forward to your mafia since the character designs look great and I know its a great series.
here Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei XD

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
OKAY I THINK THAT'S ALL OF THE CORRECTIONS

Sorry about that guys.