• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Championships Season 6/7 Invitational

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I think reaching community consensus here is better, I think since it's public it can gauge support on nominees more (like, I specifically mentioned Nabe but I'm also 100% in support of others like GLG, Kary, etc.) and it's easier to see where people's minds are at.

But that's just my $0.02! Only two pennies! :laugh:
i mean honestly, in terms of in game and out combined, it doesnt get much more abrasive than myself or ryker and we both got to the finals. people who play mafia for real realize that sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Thank you to both Tom and BarDulL for getting the invitation out.

I'll be following along best I can. You can always tag me or PM me if you have any questions regarding this season :)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
While we’re thinking things over:

Thingyman Thingyman , generally speaking how long are the games? How long are day phases and night phases usually? (I know this answer can change by game day but just trying to help us all get a feel for what is expected). Would someone who can’t post as much during weekdays due to work-related reasons be potentially hindered in these games?

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf was it tough keeping up with the activity in these games? What should someone who is interested in doing this be prepared for when they commit?

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
the deadlines were about what it seems to be here now, but just understand that if you do it youre in for a lot of reading because youre playing (likely) a pretty big game (i think mine was somewhere between 16-24 to start) and itd be in your best interest not to treat it like a slack thing. i mean, its essentially a tournament invitational. so none of this "play for fun" bull****, play to win because thats the fun and if you dont, youll probably wind up disinterested with all of the reading

that being said, its SUPER fun and you wind up meeting a bunch of super cool people through it and seeing different approaches to mafia. there are bound to be slackers, but just... dont ****ing be one of them lol

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I appreciate you dropping my name for this Maven and Pokechu, but I'm definitely nowhere near in skill than a lot of you here, yourselves included. The more historied members of Dgames would make a stronger impression than myself.
This is one of the times where you're going to have to accept that you're wrong.

I'm thinking one of Holder/Ryker/Nabe/Bardull

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I’m thinking it’s probably better for me to sit this one out since I’m helping coordinate it.

Like, I came in as the announcer; to randomly end up being the one going after announcing it just feels wrong, lol.

Plus accounting blows and I can’t really commit to a potentially high-volume game, even if I want to. Don’t want work stress affecting my gameplay etc.

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
While we’re thinking things over:

Thingyman Thingyman , generally speaking how long are the games? How long are day phases and night phases usually? (I know this answer can change by game day but just trying to help us all get a feel for what is expected). Would someone who can’t post as much during weekdays due to work-related reasons be potentially hindered in these games?

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf was it tough keeping up with the activity in these games? What should someone who is interested in doing this be prepared for when they commit?
You can choose between: 12/12, 36/12, 48/24 and 72/24. If you advance to a wildcard or finale game, expect the consensus to be 36/12 or 48/24 phases.

If you can't post during weekdays, i.e. from Monday to Friday, you'd unfortunately be pretty hindered, yes :/. Unless you can phone post during day and put in work during evenings.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is one of the times where you're going to have to accept that you're wrong.

I'm thinking one of Holder/Ryker/Nabe/Bardull
With you, I am obligated to disagree. :p

My greatest strength was having more time to invest than any of the other players, but that is no longer the case, which is partly why I've been gone for quite a while now.

I admit that I do have some small interest in returning to mafia at some point, to play and/or host, but I don't know when.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’d go with Nabe, Kary, or doop off the top of my head if any of them want to do it.
I would agree to do it, I just don't know if I'm representative of the community.

I'd also like to second Kary and Nabe and nominate Ryu. Kary's probably my first choice.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I'm not interested in doing it. It doesn't suit me.

If more people could recommend me, though, that would help my ego.
Kary you’re so funny, smart, charming, good at mafia, competent at life, and fun to talk to why wouldn’t you want to play???

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'm going on vacation next week, so won't be able to check in here. If you guys happen to decide on a representative in that time, they can reach me on Mafia Universe or Discord (Thingyman#6075). I'll then make sure they get the information they need to get prepared :)

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Hi guys! :)

Just popping in to give you the 10-day warning and a reminder that the final deadline is April 26.

But the sooner I have your representative's name, the more time I have to get them prepared for the Championship.

The very first qualifier starts April 29. And the last one starts June 17.

I'm very excited about this season! When your representative gets slotted into a game, I'll return with more information on when they're playing and how you can spectate them along with a thousand other people from all the other sites.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I would be cool if you did it too, Doop.

I’m joking about Pokechu being too nervous but they haven’t responded while also posting elsewhere on SWF sooooooo yeah.

RR is cool too. Let me know when someone is ready to commit and I’ll help whoever get it set up.

Last edited:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would be cool if you did it too, Doop.

I’m joking about Pokechu being too nervous but they haven’t responded while also posting elsewhere on SWF sooooooo yeah.

RR is cool too. Let me know when someone is ready to commit and I’ll help whoever get it set up.
If Pokechu is willing to do it, I'd rather send him. I'm not really representative of the community. Maybe next year, if I stick around.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
LOL sorry about that, I meant to respond here but it completely slipped my mind. So much work to do in April! My birth month, NEVER choose to be born in April guys

Oh wait....

But yeah, I'm down!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I also think Pokechu should go. Slide them all in, Chu!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Mmkay cool. Let’s get ready to rumbbbllleeee

I’ll update the thread once we’ve sorted out the finer deets.

Maven89

Smash Master
So it’s Pokechu with Red Ryu as a backup

I suggest we follow the Sadam Hussein method if they fail

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Best of luck Pokechu! Show em what SWF Mafia is all about

Top Bottom