• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Championships Season 6/7 Invitational

Maven89

Smash Master
This wasn’t so much an issue of culture clash (which happened), but more so that the game included players that played like Soup used to.

Game 4 had a modkill because a players homesite allowed direct messaging between players, and he didn’t realize it wasn’t allowed

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
When I was reading, I also thought it was Icy going into D5 teamed with cayvie, but I probably would have just voted cayvie. I was trying to keep up with the game the best that I could, through the perspective that Kary was the protagonist so naturally I agreed with a lot of what they said. I did not like Exalt or Wabbit as much as the other players did, but I also was getting some scum pings from Rhand early on too.

As for Kary, I do think you have a decent shot at coming back for the championships if people can get over your mannerisms.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This wasn’t so much an issue of culture clash (which happened), but more so that the game included players that played like Soup used to.

Game 4 had a modkill because a players homesite allowed direct messaging between players, and he didn’t realize it wasn’t allowed
i saw kary getting pushed cuz he pulled up some posts and asked another player for their thoughts on it. i was like bruh

kary was getting very close to pegging the team at the end before he died. props

lol @ everyone in the game calling kary a she

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
those players in the champs were weak af GG tho Kary thanks for repping

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ive played with him. he was actually in the finals with ryker a few years ago
yeah he sounds cool.

kary was getting very close to pegging the team at the end before he died. props
i mean I had 1/3 on day 4.
during night 4 i had 2/3, then i died.
idk if i ever would have got 3/3 because the last was a lurker and the guy i was pushing also started lurking.
i tried, what can you say.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
from what i saw the game had a lot of strong personalities. that can b quite difficult to sort cuz you dont know if thats just how the person is or just a false act of bravado. too many chiefs not enough indians kinda thing, tho the scum did play well too. i didnt envy your position as i followed along:

marshy to zen on discord said:
townies: quin, karebear, captan lunch, jpic, mendel
kicked nano off cuz i dont really remember his posts
karebear survived and they lynched captan lunch, vt and one of the most obvious villagers in the game

YOLOSWAG 05/12/2020
karys game is hard dude
im glad im not in that *****
lol
lol

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I mean this was my postgame breakdown
barely played the game - nano (mafia) / 0ix / quintron / captan
sandwich filler - rysler / keith
arguably helped mafia - exalt / mendel / icytea
town - ephemera, kary, wabbit, jpic
mafia - rhand, cayvie

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You know what is funny?
Exalt went from slight townread on Captan Lunch Day 1 to tunneling him into oblivion, and eventually getting him lynched.
The post that triggered that? Captan asked about Exalt lynching Rhand.

Rhand was mafia.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Exalt made me want to cuss obscenities at him.

Maven89

Smash Master
Kary did not advance based on votes but might get the wildcard

on the plus side the people who advanced were good players

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i thought ephemera and cayvie were great and of course rhand had the standout performance. jpic and karebear did well too in my eyes

its much harder to b a good townie than a good scum in these kinds of games imo

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I mean based on how the game turned out I was never going to get through on votes. Maybe the jury will take pity on me, but I don't really expect them to.

I think Rhand and Wabbit both demonstrated good skills and knowledge of the game and both deserve to go through. Wabbit did have a lynch pool of 5 townies at one point, but it wasn't exactly an easy game to solve.

Top Bottom