• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Chaco

Never Logs In
im not making a meta call on you homeboy dont worry about that

gimme a list of the inactives/other players with less or comparable amounts of content

exlight last para in 409 bugs me. you were goaded into making reads cuz by bae mao voted you
FF
Whysper
Eido
Gellnick
3DS
SR
Off top of head

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm pretty sure we are reading different games if you believe there is 0 scum hunting going on
Then vote an inactive? Are you voting Whisper? I even stated that there was 0 reason for them to read you the way they did. So like if you are a wolf? Then what are you doing here? Which makes me believe you might be town, since your playstyle is weird. Maybe you are just nervous or maybe it is that you are just busy

Anyways I ranted
TLDR: you are lying to yourself if you think people are scum hunting, and if you aren't voting, which I can't check right now, then you are being a hypocrite to your own statements. Maybe town for bad reasons, but again, game has too many evils which prevents me from being to lenient with my town leans
To busy to be the driving force. It’s quick hits while transporting stuff or etc.

For this site it’s very tame, Wiisp, usually there’s multiple avenues. Here it’s generally 1 flow. No one is driving activity. It’s all this are my thoughts but barely any new content to go off of. Repetitive ad nauseum

Chaco

Never Logs In
I understand that’s my view and it’s gonna be different, but I’m not gonna lunch an inactive for policy if it serves no purpose since its blended sites. They’re no punishment in it if it’s an alt for you

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
disclaimer: my thoughts concerning you in this post are pre-iso

chaco my problem isnt that youre inactive, its that youre plenty active and much of what i see is a fairly dead sr read (it has no choice but to be dead cuz of lack of content from him) and complaining about players not being around enough. like i wouldnt mind if it seemed like you were scumhunting enough in spite of that, like swiss and wam and rhand and wiisp and mao

FF
Whysper
Eido
Gellnick
3DS
SR
Off top of head
ff ive said that hes ultimately null, and in his two posts hes making several hard stances/placements, and some of what he says really gels with me analysis wise. hes got like two posts but theyre more dense with content and connections with other players (something that stands in complete contrast with wiisps analysis). youve got posts but it doesnt feel like much in the way of stances or placements beyond sr.

eido has reasonably good content for the style presented, and its his second game. i feel like you might wanna be seen but dont have much to show for it, and i dont get that from eido

gellnick ive got gripes with, not a fan of his one post.

3ds lol yea imma give him the same complaints im giving you

sr is basically 3ds but he showed up twice and showed us he can make analysis

#HBC | Gorf

ebwop cuz i did too

whysper is totally inactive too and even then i feel like making him my pg 1 scum soulread. but i cant offer him the same critique as you like ive explained

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Today's been pretty busy, yadda yadda.

I'll chill in the thread for a bit and read but I won't be able to post much right now.

From Frozen's big post last night, he's trending up for me.

I expected something more from Gellnick? His Rhand read is unclear. Will follow up.

Chop Chop

Smash Cadet
@mod can we poke or replace 3ds
He was prodded a little over 12 hours ago.
If he doesn’t show up after 24 hours after his Prod I have someone I can replace him with and will if he doesn’t show.

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ll see where I stand later, but if it’s an issue I’m just gonna replace out.

#HBC | Gorf

He’s giving you more information than you’re willing to look into and trying to explain off his advance rather than decipher the motive behind it and that’s why I don’t like this at all.
worth noting that in 77 hes saying he doesnt like rhands approach “at all” to reading swiss. but he kinda drops that thought...? i thought he said he was fairly neutral on both of them not much later on?

in fact now i can reaffirm my previous thought about thinking that sr had a point in how he came to his chaco scumread conclusion. i still dont agree with the logic but i can see it with chacos 77 but i agree that calling swiss legendary scum isnt a subtle sort of play. swiss is legendary scum.

chaco 150 said:
I don’t see Rhand v Swiss as such a problem as everyone here. It’s content to weigh in on and gather background for reads as game progresses. Cutting it short and killing progression isn’t doing much here.
things like this arent reads, its commentary. like at this point theres enough for you to make reads if theres enough for you to make comments and clarifications like this (which you eventually turn to with an sr vote, but i mean beyond that).

SR you have a lot of logical disconnects and leaps about my play from two posts basically. It’s like you’re trying to paint me scummy from basically nothing and I really don’t understand this approach. You’ve made two accusations that are leaps from nowhere and it just doesn’t sit right at all. And it’s from the same post.

I want them to continue fighting.
Content to do nothing and keep everyone able to elim.

You’re nitpicking. I’ll give you content to pick through, but spaghetti on the wall doesn’t bode well with me.
Honestly seems kindve chainsawy on me from SR, in protection of Rhand. Timing indicative as such also. I’m
your lack of making clear your stance on rhand is concerning. you say hes making leaps about your play but you said you dont like rhands approach at all and went nowhere with it. by the end of page 4, youve effectively done nothing but say that sr is reaching for a scumread on you. like at least i know where sr stands on swiss v rhand at this point. youre leaving your stance ambiguous and you seem content with doing that and letting things go on their own course without throwing reads or trying to develop some.

iso as of end of pg 4, will continue later

Chaco

Never Logs In
dawg your quantity of content is fine, dont try to make this out to be like thats the issue
It’s the fact I have zero time to sit and make a content filled post. I type for 20 seconds read up to date once and don’t have time to look back. That’s the issue. Your qualm with my slot is that I’m not doing that. And that’s the issue is I don’t have time to. I speak on where I’m at that moment and that’s it cause that’s all I can do really. Have you noticed I haven’t quoted or pulled things backward? There’s a reason for that. I looked back maybe once at a specific thing. I usually reread numerous times.

So here’s my thought process, if it is a detriment to the game because more is expected of me, I’m just gonna replace out. You’ll see later that it’s 100% what it is, but I’m not gonna be scapegoated for inactivity and saying content is thin when there’s two post wonders here.

Mod request replacement.

I’m sorry I just don’t have the time to commit and thought I could make it work. Staying in will be detrimental to town.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ya I'm not interested in voting Chaco, at least not right now
I will wait for his replacement

also I have two back to back 8 hour shifts, due to covid
so there is very little time for me to do anything the next two days
so if u have anything specific, please ping me

#HBC | Gorf

You know I can respect that to a degree. It at least saves me from having to type up an iso in full. Sorry you don’t feel like you’re in a position to be playing this right Chaco, that’s how I felt last game (and I know I was scum in that game but I was ****ting the bed style wise regardless of alignment). I appreciate you realizing that and /outing instead of doubling down

#HBC | Gorf

its probably his activity being more limited than usual for him to play to what he thinks he should. and i get that, i just did the same thing in the last game i played with him and ff early too, and i had seen him talk about that from the start. its nai just cuz i just did that **** lmao

i dont think thats an excuse for some of the actions, or lack thereof, he mightve taken

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to hear you're going away. But if that's what you want, then that's how it'll be. We didn't get to talk much, but it was fun to have you here regardless

ok first off lemme

Unvote

now let's go

oh boy Wiisp and Whysper
I'll try to not confuse you two

was that serious
because I kinda hate this suggestion

:urg:

So you think Swiss just looked at you and was like "hmm yea this dude I'm gonna hound him HARD to draw all attention to me very early on" while he was mafia.

Swiss x Rhand seems silly.
Not sure if Swiss would go that hard if he was scum and I don't like the way Rhand is reacting but this feels like a bunch of nonsense to me for now.

===
I feel a townlean for Gorf, I find him kinda sheeping Swiss' tunnel townie.
===

How old are you again and do you have any experience with Town of Salem or similar games?

I don't get why move your vote into someone else if you're still voting randomly.
Specially when you seem interested into serious discussion around the player you're voting.

dude they didn't even even notice me :rinsad:
notice me senpai pls

Why you say that? He seems to be a bit distressed to me.
Larger messages, really defensive and focusing on punching back, replying quickly, a bit of denial and frustration.
NAI? sure
not panicking? eeeh

Do you know their meta? Care to share what are these "things" exactly?
Considering you hadn't done anything and that you ignored all public requests so far I'd say that's not too hard maybe.
You even pinged the wrong players in the OP, sigh.

Erh I kinda agree tbh, twas more me catching up rather than putting out some content thoughts. It was more like giving my first thoughts on stuff I stumbled across while reading rather than reflecting on them, so I’m not sure what you expected me to say lmao. I took a position on the Swiss x Rhand discussion, prodded Eido, and showed interest in the Chaco x SR exchange.

I can make a list with my leans though and some brief explanations, and I guess that's better than just a bunch of butchered quotes skimmed.

I'm really agreeing with almost everything FF has been saying and he feels different from the only other game I played with him to which he was scum and a lot more composed x him being all sassy and more natural overall.

Eido I can see them being inexperienced town, and while I don't agree with how they're interpreting the game I feel like there's some logic to their approach. Him not telling the age makes me think maybe mid-late teens so I think I know what to kinda expect from him and it seems fitting so far.

Gorf feels like town sheeping. I don't like it but it's townie until they do something ****ty like try to shift the blame into the original pursuer but if he does that I'll come hounding him hard :smash:

I do like your (Mao's) criticism on stuff, although I'm not really getting town noob vibes from you like Swiss says and it kinda bothers me? While you do seem to be trying to find a discussion topic you've been a bit safe on the ongoing ones? You do make your reads loud and clear and I feel like they kinda match mine so that's cool.

I feel like Chaco comes off better in the Chaco x Scarlet Rage but it's mostly because of eloquence. SR feels a bit all over the place and voting Chaco feels like a weird tunnel. I have no idea how to interpret SR's behavior without meta, but the way they kinda just dismiss the ongoing discussions as town vs town without really seeming to give much look into it makes me feel like a very slight scumlean? I don't know, at the same time Chaco doesn't feel very genuine while SR does, I have a pretty strong gut feeling one of the two is scum. I'm placing Chaco as the townie one and SR as the scummy one but I can see it being the other way around.

Rhand could go both ways, it's NAI. I feel like so far it's the best information lynch since there was a bit of discussion around him, but I do not think his behavior is inherently scummy in any way shape or form.

Gellnick is... fine? I share some opinions with him, not getting a natural townie vibe though.

Swiss is hysterical and people putting helping inflate his ego makes him annoying to me. Again, no idea on what to think without his meta to work with but that approach comes off as scummy if he's experienced because I feel like he's been really inaccurate on the way he's reading people. Scumlean.

I'm not sure what to think about Wiisp because this attitude is a bit too "I'm a bad kid bro I skate and smoke while 17" vibes and I don't remember seeing them acting like this in other games. I really dislike the WIFOM post. Might just be trying to get the spotlight, but still, Scumlean.

Wam just popped to drop some "x player sus" and vanished without really contributing much other than saying some nonsense, feels like scum going "hey I contributed at least a BIT don't call me inactive". Scumlean.

Whysper disappeared before I had a solid opinion on them and 3DSNinja seems to be as inactive as he was in the other game I played with him which is a bit frustrating.

ExLight
FF/Eido
Mao/Gorf/Chaco
Rhand/Gellnick/Whysper/3DSNinja

Swiss/Wiisp/Wam

I think this is everyone for now?

boy depending on who you ask they'll say I’m an eternal noob at mafia, I tell ya
The thing is, your read on Wam would be exactly how I'd describe you. As town, when you're catching up, are your first thoughts really NAI-humorous comments and noncommittal questioning? That's what doesn't sit right with me. There's a lot of content to read, and when you're catching up, you're obviously exposed to all of it at once. But you seemingly had no suspicions or reads at all, which is just... odd? You "taking position on the Swiss x Rhand discussion" was just almost a direct quote of what I said, that didn't really even take any sides, for example. You asking Eido a single question with no pressure isn't as meaningful as you're making it out to be. There's zero commitment until I forced the reads out of you and even then, it doesn't negate my suspicion that you only posted for the sake of posting; whereas town surely should've had some strong takes at that stage.

When I poked you about it, I was expecting some short descriptions about your reads which would fit in with your carefree attitude, but instead you immediately threw out a whole wallpost with detailed descriptions. Is it well done? It sure is. But what does it imply? To me, it feels like a wolf going "oh wait, I need to make reads". It feels like you realized you needed to have actual takes so you panicked, got defensive, and gave me a wallpost to meet expectations - especially with the amount of time it took you to write it. And this isn't even talking about your actual reads yet.

In any case, I'm comfortable slotting you into my scumreads. I need to go to eat now.
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Let's talk when I come back, yeah? I have some more questions for you.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ok my shift changed a bit because my co-worker is able to come in today
so what I am comfortable saying atm in terms of people i'd rather not touch today

Rhand is strictly null, the problem is like I don't hate his thoughts, he knows very well how to fake thoughts, if he is a wolf, I will find him on a micro level, which I have not seen any slip ups yet. and even if he is a wolf, or mafia, he is still trying to find the other evils, so I am fine with him

Swiss i am willingly to read on a macro level, his macro play has been very consistent, and as of right now I do not care about his micro slip ups, aka voting outside of his reads for pressure which to me is still very silly. I am not town leaning this slot yet

Mao is doing their own thing, nothing has felt forced, and I think the general consensus is that they are town, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. so like at this point I am willingly to say they have probably spewed town.

Gorf is also someone that has been pretty consistent, and probably a town lean next to Mao

and I'd rather not touch Chaco, as I do not think they have done anything truly wolfy, and I wan't to see what the replacement does

I think with 5 I am not willing to touch, still leaves are large PoE for wolves, even if I accidently placed one in my above thoughts

Wiisp

Smash Lord
why?? :dizzy:
your activity is better than the bottom half of the players combined??
he already replaced, he should not be posting anymore
and he already explained exactly what you just asked

same goes for Swiss

ExLight

Smash Lord
I was expecting some short descriptions about your reads which would fit in with your carefree attitude, but instead you immediately threw out a whole wallpost with detailed descriptions. Is it well done? It sure is.
making one single post, truly a scumtell

honestly do you really think I decided to put effort and make a detailed list just because of your single vote on me? lol

even though I usually panic D1 I’m not really that intimidated by a single vote no lmao

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Who knows?

Maybe you're that kind of person

You can downplay my accusation, but it makes sense when you think about it, and I'm not sure if that's the way you want to go about this~

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Mao is doing their own thing, nothing has felt forced, and I think the general consensus is that they are town, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. so like at this point I am willingly to say they have probably spewed town.
As a person who has this as an inherent flaw and has been trying to fix it... this kind of hurts, heh. Oh well.

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Alright, question time! Are you here?
I've kind of relied on others' tonereads about you deciding what your faction could be, though I've made some conclusions myself ~
But I also want to interact with you more.
Did you comment on the Chaco x Scarlet conflict? I'm not entirely caught up as I was writing the post about ExLight

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
anyone have a wolf!Swiss game for me that I can read?
I kinda want to offset Swiss' overall play vs that one post and vote
its definitely the worst thing in his iso, but currently I do not see his play coming from a wolf

him and wam specifically have both made comments that don't align with their thoughts
that is something I have noticed

@gellnick
explain to me why everyone else is null? what specifically put me and Rhand as town
Mao is being relatively town read by everyone participating in this game, I can't fathom calling them null
They certainly exist, and are making posts
so has Gorf, and Scarlet made a case on Chaco
speaking of Scarlet

S Scarlet Rage
I remember you saying you'd be back later, just a reminder to tell the class why you voted Wam when you can
I like the followup from Wisp here.

I voted Wham because my vote on Chaco was doing nothing. He's still scum but he will outpost me and with two internal bodyguards, I need to ensure I get the evidence to make it stick.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Who knows?

Maybe you're that kind of person

You can downplay my accusation, but it makes sense when you think about it, and I'm not sure if that's the way you want to go about this~
eh do Iook like that kind of person

#HBC | Gorf

As a person who has this as an inherent flaw and has been trying to fix it... this kind of hurts, heh. Oh well.

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Alright, question time! Are you here?
I've kind of relied on others' tonereads about you deciding what your faction could be, though I've made some conclusions myself ~
But I also want to interact with you more.
Did you comment on the Chaco x Scarlet conflict? I'm not entirely caught up as I was writing the post about ExLight
oh cool :3 :3 interact away!

when scarlet v chaco happened in real time i felt kinda null on it. sr seemed logical in his read and how he went about it and chaco seemed reasonable in response. i still feel the same way about sr but my chaco read is developing beyond that, id say hes fairly null but trending down and sr is more of a townlean, but i admit thats not a strong read. id probably rather read chacos replacement cuz i dont disbelieve his activity john tho

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Aaaaa

I want to interact with Gorf and catch up on everything that's going on instead of doing my own thing

But I think I'd like to go to sleep instead

I'll be back tomorrow

Top Bottom