• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Wam

Smash Ace
Theres not the usual rules post but normally editing posts is banned fyi.

Swiss is leaning town, but swiss reminds me of other players who play with that style as either alignment so it's not very strong.

Rhand Rhand for the second half of that post yes.

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Theres not the usual rules post but normally editing posts is banned fyi.

Swiss is leaning town, but swiss reminds me of other players who play with that style as either alignment so it's not very strong.

Rhand Rhand for the second half of that post yes.
Huh I don’t understand. She’s one of the persons I have talked about the least in my notes. Where’s the info I shouldn’t have?

Wam

Smash Ace
Huh I don’t understand. She’s one of the persons I have talked about the least in my notes. Where’s the info I shouldn’t have?
You called her "her" I havent seen her specify pronouns anywhere. And before I went back and dug through posts I wanted to establish if you knew them.

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
You called her "her" I havent seen her specify pronouns anywhere. And before I went back and dug through posts I wanted to establish if you knew them.
TBH I’m not even 100% sure if “her” is correct.

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Good morning, Gorf!

I have some other stuff to do now that I've gotten home, but I don't like Wam so far. The reason I asked for their read on Swiss is specifically because I remembered Swiss also doing the same thing as Rhand, which is "giving town points for having the same reads" yet they seem to be suspecting only Rhand for it.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Exlight you can respond to my comments on your #369 while we wait for the riveting and very important results of what pronouns to use.
am I supposed to have all posts numbers memorized now
at least hyperlink them umu

you‘re literally the one who called mao noobtown wasn’t you? idk why you’re going like “town yes noobtown no” now

My instances are weak? What do you mean? If you mean me not being overlyconfident about my reads, sure, it’s halfway D1 and anyone who’s acting all cocky like they have a super strong case on someone is just delusional k thanks.

If you mean me not voting you right away, why the rush? lol
Was waiting for your reply first since you seem to catch up frequently.
As for the others, I’m still deciding who I find the scummiest. The PoE still really large and noone of the cases is convincing enough to the point of making me want squeeze them even more or tunnel.

Anyway what matters the most is that I’m being open about my reads and trying to provide a reasoning for them, is it not? Not sure why I’d take that initiative if I didn’t want to be analyzed and prodded by people.

Wam

Smash Ace
Good morning, Gorf!

I have some other stuff to do now that I've gotten home, but I don't like Wam so far. The reason I asked for their read on Swiss is specifically because I remembered Swiss also doing the same thing as Rhand, which is "giving town points for having the same reads" yet they seem to be suspecting only Rhand for it.
Can you link me where swiss did this?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Cant continue when they’ve essentially shut down any content further since. I can’t case something when I say hey that feels grimy and they shut down shop on it and haven’t had content since really. I see it because my alignment is known to me and the push is odd and out of left field, but it’s not visible across the board cause I’m an unknown at this conjecture. As they progress I’ll be on it still, don’t worry.

As far as gamestate overall what do you want me to do? I can try and drag activity out of other slots and just pose questions but I just don’t really have the time for that right now. So I’m kind’ve just tracking what’s going on overall.

There’s some brutal inactivity here that’s crunching my ability to do much tbh. So I don’t really see how you’re saying I’m not doing much when the game as a whole is kind’ve dead
theres like 4 other scum though, the question becomes what are you doing about figuring them out? if it winds up being sr/gellnick/3ds/whysper/ff then lol ok, but youve been more present and around and not been very active, at least from my memory. imma iso you though

gellnick wall of text: nothing urks me more than an inactive player coming in here with a wall of text spewing bad opinions.

not a fan of his swiss vote, id like a post outlining how you came to find swiss scum up to that post you quoted of him: how your read progressed to a vote, cuz you were making hints here and there in your wall leading up to it. idk if i believe your swiss read like i can believe rhands swiss read.

not a fan of his wam read. to me his reactions to wam dont make sense to come to a wam!scum read beyond townreading his scumread and scumreading his townread and parroting what rhand said.

not a fan of his puny reads list. like you can have such a shallow reason to scumread wam but you cant help but nullread 2/3 of the playerlist?

wiisp pg 9 makes him look better but at the same time its hard to tell knowing we have two scum factions. i appreciate the concerns with gellnicks posts and i at least like that he made his 350. makes me wanna hear more from scarlet rage.

i like maos 355, “trying to look like hes producing content when hes really not,” very anime. noobtown and noobscum can look pretty similar, so mentioning that he basically reworded your take on swiss v rhand is good too.

maybe ill parrot your exlight read instead of swiss’ bae :3 :3

/end pg 9

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Makes him look better... Lol
Guess I'll start pushing my town reads if that's how this game works now

Chaco

Never Logs In
theres like 4 other scum though, the question becomes what are you doing about figuring them out? if it winds up being sr/gellnick/3ds/whysper/ff then lol ok, but youve been more present and around and not been very active, at least from my memory. imma iso you though

gellnick wall of text: nothing urks me more than an inactive player coming in here with a wall of text spewing bad opinions.

not a fan of his swiss vote, id like a post outlining how you came to find swiss scum up to that post you quoted of him: how your read progressed to a vote, cuz you were making hints here and there in your wall leading up to it. idk if i believe your swiss read like i can believe rhands swiss read.

not a fan of his wam read. to me his reactions to wam dont make sense to come to a wam!scum read beyond townreading his scumread and scumreading his townread and parroting what rhand said.

not a fan of his puny reads list. like you can have such a shallow reason to scumread wam but you cant help but nullread 2/3 of the playerlist?

wiisp pg 9 makes him look better but at the same time its hard to tell knowing we have two scum factions. i appreciate the concerns with gellnicks posts and i at least like that he made his 350. makes me wanna hear more from scarlet rage.

i like maos 355, “trying to look like hes producing content when hes really not,” very anime. noobtown and noobscum can look pretty similar, so mentioning that he basically reworded your take on swiss v rhand is good too.

/end pg 9
Understandable but why is that posed at me abd not the inactives/other players with less or comparable amounts of content? I’m wondering what has singled me out for this here but not enough award I’m being given. I’ve stated numerous times Im extremely busy. If it becomes an issue I will replace out, don’t worry. It’s not game starts, it’s literally just business. So metaing me of my past games is completely fruitless.

I just don’t see why I’m catching flak when I’m giving you more than a lot of other players here and giving a whole thread feel as well. Activity can’t fall solely on me. I don’t have the time to drive it this game, if you want it active, make it happen.

Chaco

Never Logs In
But I will say we are getting in range of two days within deadline and I’ve yet to see anything about prods or force replacement, which will have to happen I believe.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Synopsis on SR:

-Grimy push making numerous claims of things I was not doing off of 3 in game posts.
-When pushed back did not give supporting reasoning and left the push open ended.
-has not been active at all since then.
-zero town motive for trying to end Rhand/Swiss

Just lynch em and work off the connections that could be Swiss/Rhand. There’s to much just I feel this or that in this game and literally no scumhunting so everyone looks decent to everyone cause it’s an inactive black hole.

Chaco

Never Logs In
To elaborate above as well, I feel the connection would either be Traitor for SR or potentially aligned with Swiss cause they’re the only person who took the compliment of Swiss in a different context like I was highlighting him which is extraordinarily odd behavior.

I DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO WORK OFF OF. They disappeared. Just lynch them and save the energy of waiting them out til game end

Chaco

Never Logs In
Makes him look better... Lol
Guess I'll start pushing my town reads if that's how this game works now
This game has just been odd. No real pushes, when it has been they’ve been shut down en masse immediately for Kumbaya time.

Also I gotta look back later when I have time. I hate when people say towns biggest tool is their vote and I have to check those out for scumminess. Why? It’s a given if you play mafia and just LAMIST.

Wam

Smash Ace
But I will say we are getting in range of two days within deadline and I’ve yet to see anything about prods or force replacement, which will have to happen I believe.
Dont know about the others but I did get prodded when I was mia the first 24 hours.

#HBC | Gorf

exlights reads on ff and me in pg 10 stand out to me. also its hard to believe some of the progression in reads from pg 9 - pg 10 but i dont wanna get too into that yet

he says he pretty much agrees with everything ff says and it might be my memory being foggy but his following reads dont entirely reflect that sentiment? (mostly the mao and wam reads are the ones that stick out to me as not lining up). can you elaborate on this read more?

he says he has a townlean on me but calls me a sheep. idgi, his rationale for his townread doesnt line up with how he rationalizes townreads like eido and mao and ff. elaboration on this would be appreciated too, getting that “looking like they wanna contribute without contributing” vibe mao was talking about

I feel like Chaco comes off better in the Chaco x Scarlet Rage but it's mostly because of eloquence. SR feels a bit all over the place and voting Chaco feels like a weird tunnel. I have no idea how to interpret SR's behavior without meta, but the way they kinda just dismiss the ongoing discussions as town vs town without really seeming to give much look into it makes me feel like a very slight scumlean? I don't know, at the same time Chaco doesn't feel very genuine while SR does, I have a pretty strong gut feeling one of the two is scum. I'm placing Chaco as the townie one and SR as the scummy one but I can see it being the other way around.
i get that you chose a side here, but this strikes me as more of a pitting against eachother than what wam said about swiss v rhand. this isnt a passing thought, this is more deliberately fleshed out.

really the rest of the reads dont read too good or bad either way, but i can better see the argument for exlight!scum from this. id like more thoughts on him from people since his pg 9-10

#276 crumbs power role - dislike wiisp
#277 ate
its this type of **** that makes it hard not to scumread wiisp through any sort of clash of style

ff you really should know better. I know you know better. So what's up with that? You thought that was a dead serious suggest to mass claim but you just breezed over it mentioning it once? More on you tomorrow - stay with me on the wiisp lynch though.
and this is a good catch, i mustve skimmed over it when i read the wall cuz he wasnt talking about me. cool im sold im sheeping you if it comes to that. i wont answer for ff but i know from experience hell focus in on some strange things in d1. partly why im thinking his focus on the wiisp 3p replace out thing is nai. i dont feel super confident reading ff d1 in general, he winds up just reading really null most of the time till d2/3 (a lot due to his posting style too) which is a shame.

i like rhands chaco read, but i dont like that he came out of it calling chaco town. same with exlight, i dont get his criticisms of exlight and then calling exlight null from it.

i can definitely see rhand is a good player, his thought processes make sense. but then he says he mindmelds with gellnicks one post which is no bueno for me. so ill retract my hardened scumread but hes still not sitting right with me. scumlean, but now im wondering if wiisp!scum rhand!town. well see

#HBC | Gorf

Understandable but why is that posed at me abd not the inactives/other players with less or comparable amounts of content? I’m wondering what has singled me out for this here but not enough award I’m being given. I’ve stated numerous times Im extremely busy. If it becomes an issue I will replace out, don’t worry. It’s not game starts, it’s literally just business. So metaing me of my past games is completely fruitless.

I just don’t see why I’m catching flak when I’m giving you more than a lot of other players here and giving a whole thread feel as well. Activity can’t fall solely on me. I don’t have the time to drive it this game, if you want it active, make it happen.
im not making a meta call on you homeboy dont worry about that

gimme a list of the inactives/other players with less or comparable amounts of content

exlight last para in 409 bugs me. you were goaded into making reads cuz by bae mao voted you

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Wiisp Wiisp detail your frozen read please?
What is there to detail? A few thoughts felt tonally off? And there was no real thoughts at all? Like I don't really believe it's rocket science.

I don't like wall posts, if you are going to take the time to do PBAP, or quote many posts, I expect some real thoughts, not no friendly banter.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Not interested in your bottom two, so tell me what's happening here. Are you not rereading Rhand? Or are you just solidifying your read off shallowness and his early behavior.

Tell me what makes exlight a wolf?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If not for the fact this game had 5 evils I would be more out there with stopping thoughts I don't like, but I know I'm not omnipotent.

ExLight ExLight
That was a poor response to #429

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Synopsis on SR:

-Grimy push making numerous claims of things I was not doing off of 3 in game posts.
-When pushed back did not give supporting reasoning and left the push open ended.
-has not been active at all since then.
-zero town motive for trying to end Rhand/Swiss

Just lynch em and work off the connections that could be Swiss/Rhand. There’s to much just I feel this or that in this game and literally no scumhunting so everyone looks decent to everyone cause it’s an inactive black hole.
I'm pretty sure we are reading different games if you believe there is 0 scum hunting going on
Then vote an inactive? Are you voting Whisper? I even stated that there was 0 reason for them to read you the way they did. So like if you are a wolf? Then what are you doing here? Which makes me believe you might be town, since your playstyle is weird. Maybe you are just nervous or maybe it is that you are just busy

Anyways I ranted
TLDR: you are lying to yourself if you think people are scum hunting, and if you aren't voting, which I can't check right now, then you are being a hypocrite to your own statements. Maybe town for bad reasons, but again, game has too many evils which prevents me from being to lenient with my town leans

#HBC | Gorf

Tell me what makes exlight a wolf?
gorf said:
As of 326 I get instinctual noobtown vibes from exlight, but 1) he’s not that much of a noob and 2) I feel like he’s focusing on strange things that a noob wouldn’t focus on. it’s making me wonder if he’s wolf tryna put in some unique input on top of things that have already been said and not doing a good job at it. And I mean noobtown in the same way that I’d probably read red ruy as noobtown if he was town despite him having played for like 10 years. I might just defer to Swiss for my read there
my 333, my first real take on exlight. before this i had him pretty much as null as inactive gellnick and 3ds. but he had made posts so he inherently had an edge on them

^regarding maos exlight vote and my take on that

exlights reads on ff and me in pg 10 stand out to me. also its hard to believe some of the progression in reads from pg 9 - pg 10 but i dont wanna get too into that yet

he says he pretty much agrees with everything ff says and it might be my memory being foggy but his following reads dont entirely reflect that sentiment? (mostly the mao and wam reads are the ones that stick out to me as not lining up). can you elaborate on this read more?

he says he has a townlean on me but calls me a sheep. idgi, his rationale for his townread doesnt line up with how he rationalizes townreads like eido and mao and ff. elaboration on this would be appreciated too, getting that “looking like they wanna contribute without contributing” vibe mao was talking about
i get that you chose a side here, but this strikes me as more of a pitting against eachother than what wam said about swiss v rhand. this isnt a passing thought, this is more deliberately fleshed out.

really the rest of the reads dont read too good or bad either way, but i can better see the argument for exlight!scum from this. id like more thoughts on him from people since his pg 9-10

Wiisp

Smash Lord
outside Gellnick and Scarlet
I think I am fine with Rhand's world view
it's way too early to call Gellnick and Scarlet town leans

Top Bottom