• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

Pretty much. I got a few people signed up to get the interest group going, then it got put out at the interest group night. Out of about 32 people only 2 have shown up over the course of 3 Friday meets each at 3 hours in length. I've not tried really hard to get people motivated other than sending out emails. Going to be trying some stuff to change attendance/get more people.

Anyway, if no one shows up free room for a few hours lol

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Pretty much. I got a few people signed up to get the interest group going, then it got put out at the interest group night. Out of about 32 people only 2 have shown up over the course of 3 Friday meets each at 3 hours in length. I've not tried really hard to get people motivated other than sending out emails. Going to be trying some stuff to change attendance/get more people.

Anyway, if no one shows up free room for a few hours lol
smash 64 ( for some reason I still can't figure out) gets the average noob excited to play smash. you could start from their

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I just had an idea for a combo video: "The only good player is Mew2King" -a Sanchaz combo video

It would show him dd camping for grabs to guaranteed safe combos and also those two clips where he just stands there for a second before bairing against Matt R and Tink.

Gibby

Smash Cadet
I need to record a sanchaz "OOOooohh" on my phone for whenever he texts me

Should I bring Arcana Heart/BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/Marvel/other non-smash fighting games today?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
John asked me advice about captain falcon. I am so awesome. thank you. sAnChAz.

lol @ people seeing how I hype I get for melee.

Gibby: lets play blazpurple next week thursday, you may need to pick me up so that I can bring my ps3, or maybe even wednesday, idk, I'll text you. and mvc3 tbh is actually a fun game in traning mode ONLY, or at least for my characters because I can find like 5 new combos to work with my team every day.

but we should we really play blazpurple, I heard it's broken, but I'm always open to new stuff

lol @ oro *****ing about bad matchups in a different game

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Party at sanchaz's, :D. 122 east dayton. we may charge 3 or 5 bucks for "DRINKS." (venue fee)

password to get in....sanchaz.

vintage

Smash Cadet
I'd be down... Although I kind of want to go to the Anime Club tonight around 6.

I was also thinking of having something at my place tomorrow.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
sanchaz, you play too passive in neutral. I know you won't approach me so I am able to slowly push you to the side of the stage at my own pace. I can also make bigger pushes because I don't fear you pushing past me and reversing the situation. If you were more proactive about stage positioning I think you would be a much better player because you would have more options than your playstyle now which is basically 'wait till I push too far for my own good' and then punish. When you're at the edge of the stage it's hard to avoid having bad habits because you have no space so you basically only roll or jump once I corner you.
But whatever, I would lose to mew2king so you don't value my opinion. Keep running away =)

ORLY

Smash Master
how to win at melee

step 1: hit guy
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

oh and something about being careful and not getting hit or killed

but as long as you kill them faster than they kill you, you're golden

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
That sounds like a lack of pressure on the opponent?
exactly, even falcon's like chris apply pressure with close dashdancing or spaced nairs (or whatever it is falcon's do), so even though he's not approaching, there's still pressure which can make the opponent give up space by moving back or shield/jumping. sanchaz skips the bait part of 'bait and punish'.

Top Bottom