• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Made a fan Roster, what do you guys think?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Well, I know that the cut are always the hard part, it's difficult to find who to cut in that roster where every character is liked, and either important because of their games, or important because of Smash, so Yeah, I had to take some very hard choices, and not just go the easy way and annonce "Everyone is Here" again, that would just be lazy, so yes, I did cut people mains, but I added other characters that would also be mained, that would also be liked, and that would bring something new to Smash, I know your opinion on the cuts, but can I know about the newcomer?
Tetra, Medusa, Masked Man, I like. No on the Mario character, they’re super niche and Mario has a ton of representation. Krystal is niche as well but I don’t care one way or another. Same with Bandana Dee. I’d probably pick another 500 Pokémon before Dusknoir honestly. They third parties I don’t care about but Banjo deserves before anyone else

That said I’m happy with the current roster

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know how old you are, but back in the NES days, me and my siblings wanted to play as Mario. My brother liked Luigi, but we all wanted to play as Mario. Bowser is a villain, too, so he'd be staying. Peach, for the longest time, was unplayable. In fact, I'm only aware of a single game where she is the protagonist. That doesn't seem all that important. Just another damsel-in-distress. Zelda's name is in the title of TLoZ, but again, another damsel-in-distress. King K. Rool would be staying, since he's a villain. Wolf is also a villain. As for Meta Knight, well, choose one, I suppose.

Appeal to popularity doesn't matter.

MG_3989 MG_3989
I already think most characters on the current roster aren't cool anyway. Unique abilities is a strange reason for having certain characters, or to maintain current characters. All characters at one point in time were unique. Thus, if characters who were unique before, but aren't any longer, then uniqueness is subjective.
I'm 22 and I am just giving you the facts or the answer the majority of people would say. Co-protagonists are always more popular than the villains in video games, anime, comic books, or anything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any roster that adds Black Shadow, of all people, while cutting Luigi is too baffling for me to take seriously, honestly.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I think the protagonist-antagonist concept can drop a lot of unnecessary characters who leech off the fame of the protagonists.

:ultmario::ultbowser:
:ultdk::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultridley:
:ultpit:(Medusa)
:ultfox::ultwolf:
:ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo:
:ultmarth:(Medeus)
:ultfalcon:(Black Shadow)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
:ultinkling:(Octoling)

Not a fighter? Good-bye. No antagonist in the series, that is, villain? See ya! This would be a good roster to begin with.
Alright, so I’ve got a question about this roster of yours. Honestly, I think the idea of a heroes and villains only roster is somewhat neat. I could definitely see it working well as a sort of side title to mainline smash.

However, my question is this; would you still exclude extremely popular characters from popular, currently running series if they didn’t have a main villain? For example, there is Animal Crossing. I think we can both agree that Animal Crossing is a massive Nintendo series and deserves a rep in smash, whether that be Villagers or Isabelle. However, they don’t really have a main ‘villain’, so would an AC rep be automatically excluded from your roster? (Also, as a side note, I would personally also include Ness and Porky for Earthbound, as well as reps from Pikmin and Xenoblade)

I hope I phrased this in a way that makes sense, I’m just curious about your mindset

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Alright, so I’ve got a question about this roster of yours. Honestly, I think the idea of a heroes and villains only roster is somewhat neat. I could definitely see it working well as a sort of side title to mainline smash.

However, my question is this; would you still exclude extremely popular characters from popular, currently running series if they didn’t have a main villain? For example, there is Animal Crossing. I think we can both agree that Animal Crossing is a massive Nintendo series and deserves a rep in smash, whether that be Villagers or Isabelle. However, they don’t really have a main ‘villain’, so would an AC rep be automatically excluded from your roster? (Also, as a side note, I would personally also include Ness and Porky for Earthbound, as well as reps from Pikmin and Xenoblade)

I hope I phrased this in a way that makes sense, I’m just curious about your mindset
Hello, friend. I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for thinking this concept I'm entertaining is "somewhat neat." Of course, it's really not my idea. I just took it from what was going on in SSBU. I suppose expanding on the idea is my own, though.

In my roster, Animal Crossing would be excluded. Although, Redd could be a villain, since he owns a black market. He'd be more passive in his antagonism, though. I forgot to add Ness by accident. I've thought about Plasm Wraith as a villain for Olimar, but the character looks pretty big. I know, I know, Ridley was added. I'd be fine with the inclusion of Xenoblade as well, if MonolithSoft was still part of the development team.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Hello, friend. I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for thinking this concept I'm entertaining is "somewhat neat." Of course, it's really not my idea. I just took it from what was going on in SSBU. I suppose expanding on the idea is my own, though.

In my roster, Animal Crossing would be excluded. Although, Redd could be a villain, since he owns a black market. He'd be more passive in his antagonism, though. I forgot to add Ness by accident. I've thought about Plasm Wraith as a villain for Olimar, but the character looks pretty big. I know, I know, Ridley was added. I'd be fine with the inclusion of Xenoblade as well, if MonolithSoft was still part of the development team.
Ok, that’s what I was curious of. I figured you accidentally left ness out, but I wasn’t sure.

I was thinking if you REALLY wanted to stretch it, you could include Tom Nook as the villain. I know he’s not a villain in the sense any of the others are, but he is one of the most iconic AC characters and is a sort of antagonistic figure in the series, so he could work

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mother has 3 games, we could have 3 characters.

Heck, Pikmin only has one character, I think it's just what they want. We could have more.

Personally, I'd choose Ninten or Porky as a third Mother newcomer, and maybe Giegue, but Masked Man could be cool, too. Porky could represent both EarthBound and Mother 3. I don't like the idea of Lucas being an echo, as then he most-likely wouldn't have the different normal moves, including PK Love (his up-smash).

I'd also add Skull Kid for Zelda and Banjo-Kazooie alongside Steve Minecraft, Sans & Papyrus Undertale and others, yee.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm always happy to found people that likes the idea of Micaiah in Smash <3

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Mother has 3 games, we could have 3 characters.

Heck, Pikmin only has one character, I think it's just what they want. We could have more.

Personally, I'd choose Ninten or Porky as a third Mother newcomer, and maybe Giegue, but Masked Man could be cool, too. Porky could represent both EarthBound and Mother 3. I don't like the idea of Lucas being an echo, as then he most-likely wouldn't have the different normal moves, including PK Love (his up-smash).

I'd also add Skull Kid for Zelda and Banjo-Kazooie alongside Steve Minecraft, Sans & Papyrus Undertale and others, yee.
So, Mother have 3 games, but as it is... The series is kinda dead, on one of those games never came out of the Japan officially, which is my reasoning for not adding a 3rd rep out of nowhere, it doesn't have a new game coming up, or something like that that could justify it..
I thought about both Ninten and Porky, but, for Ninten, I didn't want to have 3 characters that would fight like each other, but with a few tweaks (Just like the Star Fox character) this series deserves better than that.. And for Porky, my problem was that if I had to cut one of the characters, it couldn't be Ness because he was OG, I didn't knew how I was supposed to represent Old Man Porky in a moveset, as I always had the idea of the Earthbound one, I do like Porky a lot more as a character, but I didn't want to represent all the Mother series, with only Earthbound if you get what I mean? Which is why I choosed Masked Man
I'm sorry about Lucas being an echo... Like I said, I couldn't justify a new unique rep, without cutting one and... Making him an echo was the most I could do.. I love Lucas so it did hurt to do that, but I had to take a decision..

As for the rest, I would have taken Midna for a Zelda rep personally if I was to go by bias haha, she's my most wanted character of all time, but I went with Tetra because I had to cut Toon Link, and I think that the Toon Saga is really important enough in the story of the franchise, to deserve it's own rep, also Tetra is one of the most récurent character of the franchise, which is why she was my choice

And for the 3rd party.. I prefered to stick on a few one as they are kinda an unknown territory for me, so I stuck with 2 mascot that have an history with Nintendo since a long time instead of taking outlandish picks

I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the roster though!

I'm always happy to found people that likes the idea of Micaiah in Smash <3
Hehe, always happy to find people liking my Roster choices! Micaiah have a lot of potential in Smash, and with her and Hector, I really aim to break the "Animé Sword man" réputation this series had for so long!

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
Not trying to sound mean but,

A lot of these choices are poor. Cutting any character at this point would be dumb, Ultimate brought back every character which means they'll likely stay forever. Demoting Lucas to an echo is also a horrible decision, why would you take away a whole move set and make him an echo? Lots of the character choices are poor as well. No need for 3 Zeldas

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, Mother have 3 games, but as it is... The series is kinda dead, on one of those games never came out of the Japan officially, which is my reasoning for not adding a 3rd rep out of nowhere, it doesn't have a new game coming up, or something like that that could justify it..
I thought about both Ninten and Porky, but, for Ninten, I didn't want to have 3 characters that would fight like each other, but with a few tweaks (Just like the Star Fox character) this series deserves better than that.. And for Porky, my problem was that if I had to cut one of the characters, it couldn't be Ness because he was OG, I didn't knew how I was supposed to represent Old Man Porky in a moveset, as I always had the idea of the Earthbound one, I do like Porky a lot more as a character, but I didn't want to represent all the Mother series, with only Earthbound if you get what I mean? Which is why I choosed Masked Man
I'm sorry about Lucas being an echo... Like I said, I couldn't justify a new unique rep, without cutting one and... Making him an echo was the most I could do.. I love Lucas so it did hurt to do that, but I had to take a decision..

As for the rest, I would have taken Midna for a Zelda rep personally if I was to go by bias haha, she's my most wanted character of all time, but I went with Tetra because I had to cut Toon Link, and I think that the Toon Saga is really important enough in the story of the franchise, to deserve it's own rep, also Tetra is one of the most récurent character of the franchise, which is why she was my choice
I think Mother could have 3 characters, even more, they just don't add much because "lower priority" (despite the love Smash gives it). It's not really "dead" as much as it is "complete."

Ninten could fight differently from Ness, especially with the exclusive PSI/PK moves like 4th-D Slip and PK Beam (and PK Flash isn't a thing in the first Mother) - really, the only similar things between Ness and Lucas are their specials (which still have differences) + their side-smash. I'm not really sure about Porky when thinking about a moveset on my own in a short time, either, but there are some fan-concepts that look good.

Lucas as an echo would still represent Mother 3, so we would still have no one from Mother 1 (though tbh "reps" aren't a thing but it'd still be cool); Porky at least ties Ness and Lucas together, and is one of the two main villains of the series (although you could say Giegue/Giygas ties Ness and Ninten together tbh).

yeah any Zelda character outside of the Triforce would be cool (I guess Tetra is technically still Zelda heh), I just personally choose Skull Kid but all the Zelda characters are pretty cool.

your newcomer choices seem good, for Kirby I'd personally put Marx, Gooey, Adeleine, or Dark Matter as well - I didn't really pay much attention to the cuts/reworks but the Sheik and Samus/Dark Samus ideas seem good, I'd just put Sheik as the default or put her back with Zelda but make it so she only transforms with shield+B or something so they can still have a real down+B.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Looks pretty bad so far. Then again, it's a fan roster. Those are often filled with too much self fulfillment fan ****ery, which is the kind of bias that can actually hurt the game. And the arbitrary cuts make it inferior to Ultimate's roster aka the best roster in the history of the series.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Looks pretty bad so far. Then again, it's a fan roster. Those are often filled with too much self fulfillment fan ****ery, which is the kind of bias that can actually hurt the game. And the arbitrary cuts make it inferior to Ultimate's roster aka the best roster in the history of the series.
Well, I didn't want to take the easy route by just saying "no cuts" and go with it, we don't know if it will be back next game, and just asuming that it will when creating a fan roster, is just lazy writting, so yeah, I had to cut some characters, which is always something difficult, but some of them must be done
As for the bias comment ... no, believe me, I didn't do this roster to satisfy my bias, I made this roster with in mind the fact of giving a reasoning to every characters I add, and add them because they have a purpose, a place to fill, even if I don't like some of the characters I putted
If the roster was purely biased, I would have taken Midna instead of Tetra, Gardevoir instead of Dusknoir or the Gen 8, Viridi instead of Krystal, etc ...

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I can't get behind all of the character cuts, especially Jr., Lucas, and Ike. I've been spoiled by Ultimate in that regard. I like the Young Link, Ganondorf, and Dark Samus reworks.

I found it odd that some major characters were removed in favor of niche characters like Fawful and Dimentio. Don't get me wrong, I love those characters and they are very unique, but I would think that Paper Mario (who would also be an incredibly unique addition) would come before side characters in the spin-offs. Removing Lucas and replacing him with Masked Man is strange to me, considering Lucas is the main character of his game. Most of the newcomers you picked don't excite me too much, but that's a very subjective thing anyway. Dixie should definitely not be an echo fighter.

Of course, this is all just my critique. Making fan rosters is just for fun, after all, as I don't think this was intended to be a prediction roster.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've played and own a few Kirby games. So, I just showed your assertion to be false. Nice try, though. Who are you, again?
Meta Knight is ever only shown to be a villain once, and even then he was less of an outright villain and more of a well-intentioned extremist.

In literally all other instances he was either under the control of a darker force, or acting as an honorable swordsman and testing Kirby's strength to make sure he was ready for the challenges ahead.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Meta Knight is ever only shown to be a villain once, and even then he was less of an outright villain and more of a well-intentioned extremist.
He was a villain in Kirby's Adventure and Revenge of Meta Knight.

In literally all other instances he was either under the control of a darker force, or acting as an honorable swordsman and testing Kirby's strength to make sure he was ready for the challenges ahead.
So, he's a softie, then.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He was a villain in Kirby's Adventure and Revenge of Meta Knight.

So, he's a softie, then.
I have trouble calling him a villain in Kirby's Adventure considering the conflict came as the result of a pure misunderstanding. He's an antagonist from that story's perspective, but he is absolutely not a villain there.

Meta Knight's actions have never been portrayed as outright villainous. At absolute worst, he's an anti-hero.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I think the protagonist-antagonist concept can drop a lot of unnecessary characters who leech off the fame of the protagonists.

:ultmario::ultbowser:
:ultdk::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultridley:
:ultpit:(Medusa)
:ultfox::ultwolf:
:ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo:
:ultmarth:(Medeus)
:ultfalcon:(Black Shadow)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
:ultinkling:(Octoling)

Not a fighter? Good-bye. No antagonist in the series, that is, villain? See ya! This would be a good roster to begin with.
The idea of a strictly hero-villain roster is great! It could make for a great spinoff entry, though I question your reasoning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You say the idea of such a roster is to cut characters that leech off the protagonists' fame. However, that doesn't exactly work with some of the lesser franchises. Would anyone really know about Black Shadow if Captain Falcon wasn't such a phenomenon through the Internet community? Would someone unacquainted with the Fire Emblem series really care about Medeus?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd also argue that some characters are more important then their given role. Luigi may be just the second player as you said, but his legacy throughout his series and gaming as a whole would put him on the same level as Bowser, I would say. Same goes for Zelda, Yoshi, Villager and several other characters. Their legacy far outweighs their given role for the series.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All in all though, I respect what you're trying to do with this alternate take on the roster.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Opossum Opossum
Then I'll settle for King Dedede.

BonafideFella BonafideFella
Thanks. I think it'd be a good start for reducing the roster size and working up to a reasonable number. I suppose I could have some leeway. Pirahnha Plant, for example, is the only cannon fodder character I'm aware of in the SSB series. Of course, Peach is recognizable, but perhaps Piranha Plant or another, more iconic baddie could be added so that you have Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and someone else. Perhaps Kamek? Or just stick with Bowser Jr. He is the son of King Koopa, after all.

My main focus is a smaller roster. The Mario, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon, and now Zelda series take up a lot of spaces where new characters can be added. I understand these series' are the most popular, but then you leave out other fanbases. I am content with Samus and Ridley, of course. So, maybe I'll change things up a bit here to include deuteragonists. The ? will be for whoever, preferably cannon fodder. I can't say I have a complete roster, but that's fine.

:ultmario: :ultluigi: :ultbowser: :ultbowserjr:
:ultdk: :ultdiddy: :ultkrool: ?
:ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultganondorf: ?
:ultsamus: :ultridley: :ultdarksamus: Space Pirate
:ultfox: :ultfalco: :ultwolf: ?
:ultkirby: :ultkingdedede: :ultmetaknight: Marx
:ultpokemontrainer: :ultpikachu: :ultmewtwo: Team Rocket
:ultmarth: :ultike: Medeus, Ashera
:ultpit: :ultpalutena: Medusa, Hades
:ultness: :ultlucas: Porky, Claus
:ultinkling: Octoling
:ultvillager: Redd
:ultfalcon: Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Pico

I'm not all that familiar with Pikmin or Xenoblade, and I don't know what I'd do with Pac-Man. The last two assume that Namco and MonolithSoft develop SSB.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I wouldn't take away Jr., people complained that he'd end up as a bowser clone, but we were given something truly unique. cutting jr. for the likes of fawful or dimentio personally wouldn't sit well with me. and no mention for my boi waluigi? SIN.

Lucina, I feel, should just be an alt skin for marth. even CHROM has SOMETHING different than roy. I feel that she needs at least 1 unique move to warrant her being her own character, as I feel the tipper just doesn't cut it. hector could be cool, but cutting ike, is a big NO from me. make hector an alt skin of ike or something and id be satisfied with just that.

even though I HATE corrin with a passion, id never take out a unique moveset. as far as FE characters go, I would not miss chrom or Lucina, as they don't offer too much in the way of "different play style" and can still be utilized as alt skins at the VERY least. having a spear wielder, an armored unit, or a Pegasus/dragon rider would be MUCH more interesting than " lord with sword".

young link I can do without, and I hate saying that.... but BOTW link is MUCH different from toon link now (who essentially replaced young link anyway). skull kid could have been so amazing... having tetra I think would set people off in the wrong way. "now theres multiple zeldas? give me a break!"

dr. Mario, I admit, made my blood boil when I first saw him confirmed for smash 4, along with dark pit. we pretty much have 3 kinds of "Mario" now, but Doc plays slightly differently.... idk, its like... if he was cut, id be ripping out one of someones two front teeth. dark pit though, he coulda been an alt for pit ( a last alt at that..)

cutting lucas is also a no go for me. a lot of people LOVE mother 3, and hes the reason I even bothered to play the game. plus his moveset is unique. we need different styles of gameplay to keep the game fresh ya know?

also.. dusknoir?i mean I LOVE pokemon, and its a cool pokemon to be sure….but dusknoir isn't exactly cherished by a lot of people. :urg:
I think the rule for pokemon should be that said pokemon must have the attention from fans (positive or negative) to even be considered. starters, legendaries, plot driving 'mons, fan favorites. the works.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't take away Jr., people complained that he'd end up as a bowser clone, but we were given something truly unique. cutting jr. for the likes of fawful or dimentio personally wouldn't sit well with me. and no mention for my boi waluigi? SIN.

Lucina, I feel, should just be an alt skin for marth. even CHROM has SOMETHING different than roy. I feel that she needs at least 1 unique move to warrant her being her own character, as I feel the tipper just doesn't cut it. hector could be cool, but cutting ike, is a big NO from me. make hector an alt skin of ike or something and id be satisfied with just that.

even though I HATE corrin with a passion, id never take out a unique moveset. as far as FE characters go, I would not miss chrom or Lucina, as they don't offer too much in the way of "different play style" and can still be utilized as alt skins at the VERY least. having a spear wielder, an armored unit, or a Pegasus/dragon rider would be MUCH more interesting than " lord with sword".

young link I can do without, and I hate saying that.... but BOTW link is MUCH different from toon link now (who essentially replaced young link anyway). skull kid could have been so amazing... having tetra I think would set people off in the wrong way. "now theres multiple zeldas? give me a break!"

dr. Mario, I admit, made my blood boil when I first saw him confirmed for smash 4, along with dark pit. we pretty much have 3 kinds of "Mario" now, but Doc plays slightly differently.... idk, its like... if he was cut, id be ripping out one of someones two front teeth. dark pit though, he coulda been an alt for pit ( a last alt at that..)

cutting lucas is also a no go for me. a lot of people LOVE mother 3, and hes the reason I even bothered to play the game. plus his moveset is unique. we need different styles of gameplay to keep the game fresh ya know?

also.. dusknoir?i mean I LOVE pokemon, and its a cool pokemon to be sure….but dusknoir isn't exactly cherished by a lot of people. :urg:
I think the rule for pokemon should be that said pokemon must have the attention from fans (positive or negative) to even be considered. starters, legendaries, plot driving 'mons, fan favorites. the works.
Okay so, let's take that into review shall we!

For Bowser Jr, I saw a lot of complaint about cutting him yeah, but I don' t intend to cut him forever, I want cut him for now so that he can come back to the main scene, and have a moveset that is "Bowser Jr" and not "Koopalings" if you get what I mean, Fawful and Dimentio are here to represent the Mario Rpgs series, that have a lot of fan that would love some representation in there! I know it's a bit much to add the two of them, but I couldn't add one without the others

Lucina is actually one of the most unique characters there is in the actual Fire Emblem roster, they just made her a clone for Smash due to bad timing, and Chrom I dunno, they just gave up, un any ways, she have access to a Bow and a Spear (that she use in numbers of crossovers and Promotional arts), which would not only add two more weapons to the Fire Emblem series, but also make one very unique character, her fighting style with a Sword is also very unique, which is why I choosed her for the rework, Chrom is here because I littéraly have no reasons to cut him, he's moved to Lucina though

Ike is cutted because out of the characters that stay, he is the less unique one, he is pretty unique of his own, but between Robin, Corin and Ike.. I must say he's the only one having only one weapon that is already used everywhere else, so he gets cutted and replaced by a character from the same Era, but with a unique weapon and game play

Young Link was the one chosen because he received a total rework, making him unique of his own, and because of the fact that he have the mask of both Deku, Goron's and Zora that are the 3 main species of this world, he was a better choice than Toon Link (as much as I hate saying it), I wouldn't have taken Skull Kid anyways, he's an interesting character for sure, but if we go by popularity and from this Era, Midna would be a better choice in my opinion, both are really unique though so, would be a difficult choice, but in any ways, sincz I cutted a character from the Toon Saga, I had to represent it with a new character, which is what I did with Tetra, I don't think you can really count her as a Zelda though... She's her own character, and she make it clear herself that no one is to call her Zelda, she wear the dress for 5 minute, and then come back to be the Pirate she is, when she founded Hyrule in Spirit Track, she was Tetra of Hyrule, not Zelda of Hyrule, she would offer a lot with her game play based around her wave gun and saber

Lucas was unfortunately a cut I had to do in order to add a new character to this series, the Masked Man, if what you are waiting for is a brand new game play, well you should be happy to be able to play as him then, I had to get Lucas as an echo for him to join, but with everything he would offer to Smash, I think the trade can be justified

As for Dusknoir, he's not a random choice, ever played the Mystery Dungeon series? Very popular spin off series of Pokémon, Dusknoir is the main antagonist and a very well liked character of the most popular game of this series, that's why he is here, to represent the unique universe of Mystery Dungeon

There it is! With all of that, I hope I helped you understand my choices better, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of the roster!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it's a really bad roster with lots of fine additions cut for very arbitrary reasons and a lot of newcomers that seem very subjective picks. Also:

Doctor Mario : I like the guy, but his whole gimmick is being an heavier Mario,
:ultdoc: and :ultmario: have the same weight.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. ; Bowser Jr. while being a nice character, is, in my opinion, a character we can also let go, he isn't that important in the recent instanlement of the series (Not here in the last 2 Mario 3d, only here in the final boss battle in the last 2d one), and the character himself isn't that well made in reguard of what he can do, since they focused on the Koopalings aspect ... they gave him a moveset that could fit every of them, which in return, strapped his uniqueness away from him, maybe in a later game, he could return with brand new ability ! We'll see what the future of Mario game have for us
So everything else about this roster has been said by other people; the extremely subjective picks at the expense of cutting unique characters particularly, but I'd just like to highlight this paragraph. I'd argue that Junior can do things no other character can do, that being the Junior Clown Car, the very same thing you claim strips Junior of his originality. Then I must argue, if Junior was bestowed another moveset, what could he do that no other character can? Would Junior become a lighter Bowser clone? Would he use his Magic Paintbrush (cough Adeleine cough)? Would he use an assortment of Mario enemies to do his dirty work for him (cough Kamek cough)? The Clown Car's the only viable option for a truly unique character, once you get down to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Plus, I'd argue that the Clown Car mirrors his personality. Junior isn't as physically strong as his father, so he would obviously resort to piloting a mech with a dozen aces up its sleeve. It reflects his mischievous trickster nature perfectly.
And why would we have to wait and see if he could return with better abilities in the next Mario game? That same argument could be made with literally every other character on the roster. Especially when you consider the points I've previously mentioned, there's no need to wait it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In conclusion, it seems as if you just cut Junior so you could justify adding two RPG characters, one Luigi's Mansion character and a partridge in a pear tree.

Last edited:

An avarage Doc main

Smash Rookie
Cutting:ultfalco:is a mistake. Unlike Wolf, he's been in every Star Fox game and is essentially the Luigi of the Star Fox series .

Top Bottom