• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Machinimas for SmashBrosWiiU

Machinima with No voice acting but great story?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
This is a new thread that I decided to make, because I want to make Machinimas for SmashBros4. To kick off this thread, I do have one question about Machinimas. Please enjoy this thread and make the best of it.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
How does one pronounce machinima?Embarrass
Ma-k-inima or Ma-sh-in-ima?
Mak'nma, Makineema, Makinema, Mashinma...
Muh-shin-ih-mah

I loved Smashtasm, which had both voice acting and a great story,

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Muh-shin-ih-mah

I loved Smashtasm, which had both voice acting and a great story,
Oh. My. God.

Smashtasm. I haven't watched that in forever.

I remember watching season 1 of that and what was available at the time for season 2.

That was so freaking funny to watch.

That and one other Smash parody, though the latter one was more story focused then funny focused, which I think was called Smash King.

But I eventually lost track of both due to waiting for more episodes to come by, but oh man do I remember loving both.

One for the hilarity and the other for a surprisingly good story.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Machinimas, in my eyes is a gate way to story telling any type of story that hasn't been told. It can be funny or series, which in my case, it's a mixture of both but being more serious than what it is suppose to be funny. P.S talking about the Machinima i'm making to be more serious than funny.

Also, the voting this is just me asking. If I was to do a really good Machinima but it didn't have voice acting, would it still be considered watchable, because if not then I might not just do one.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, you see. I'm the kind of person to where, if I want to read then I'll read a book, as I would get more fulfillment out of that.

The whole idea of a video, to me, is to watch it, not read it.

Emphasis on me.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Well, you see. I'm the kind of person to where, if I want to read then I'll read a book, as I would get more fulfillment out of that.

The whole idea of a video, to me, is to watch it, not read it.

Emphasis on me.
Thanks on your input. I actually find that really helpfully, the only worry I have is that if I do find voice actors, who will they be and will they be comitted and fit the characters.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
For the love of Sakurai, someone please redo this for Smash 4 when it releases on Wii U!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
For the love of Sakurai, someone please redo this for Smash 4 when it releases on Wii U!

You know I made a topic about Stabomb in the music board... cough cough

But yes, I can see that being pretty funny, although you would also need some Mario Kart 8 footage, I think.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I actually really want to make one in Smash 4 that is totally "Waiting For Godot"-esque and having an anti-narrative and loads of broken 4th walls.

... that may not mean a thing to you guys.

HOWEVER, from the previews we've been getting, we may get some sort of better camera mode. Well ... i mean I hope, and if it's any indication, stages aren't (literally) stages anymore with only content where you can see it and a black wall where the camera is. I think we'll have a full environment surrounding the fighters.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I actually really want to make one in Smash 4 that is totally "Waiting For Godot"-esque and having an anti-narrative and loads of broken 4th walls.

... that may not mean a thing to you guys.

HOWEVER, from the previews we've been getting, we may get some sort of better camera mode. Well ... i mean I hope, and if it's any indication, stages aren't (literally) stages anymore with only content where you can see it and a black wall where the camera is. I think we'll have a full environment surrounding the fighters.
I'm interested, sounds really exciting. I kond of thought the same thing after watching the trailers and hopefully that's the case. =]

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Wolf's ******** Mission and Not Exactly Royalty? :p
No that had a story, and screamed '****', '****' and '*****' everywhere in an attempt to be funny. Mine will not have a solid story, rather a story within/outside a story. At least on the drawing board it does

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Tigura21's machinima, Smash King, proves that Machinima doesn't always need to be stupid comedies. (Stupid is a compliment)

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
No that had a story, and screamed '****', '****' and '*****' everywhere in an attempt to be funny. Mine will not have a solid story, rather a story within/outside a story. At least on the drawing board it does
I have a rough outline of what I want to do, HOPEFULLY it'll have voice acting after a while but when I'm in the works I'll post a trailer. After all, any good Machinima takes time AND money.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Sometimes it's a little hard to follow a machinima without voice acting, because the font the creators use kind of blend in with the background, or because it's inelligible. But when it's done well, it works.

Though I must admit that I'm a fan of voice acting in general and I'd rather have voices than not. Also I agree that Smash King is awesome.

But if it's your first time, yeah, you probably should try with text instead of voices.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Sometimes it's a little hard to follow a machinima without voice acting, because the font the creators use kind of blend in with the background, or because it's inelligible. But when it's done well, it works.

Though I must admit that I'm a fan of voice acting in general and I'd rather have voices than not. Also I agree that Smash King is awesome.

But if it's your first time, yeah, you probably should try with text instead of voices.
Thanks, I have an idea of what I really would love to do. I've been watching machinima since I was 10 and now I'm 17 and the first one I happened to watch was a link to the smash and that's when I knew I myself wanted to do Machinima. I have friends that would LOVE to do it with me and I have a job and I know what I need and I've been writing since I was 13 and have also been looking up on more Smash Machinimas (Smash Kings I recently watched) but also I've been watching a lot more films to see what's good and what's bad. Not only this but for months I've been trying out brawl's camera and everything. I've even made a youtube account that stays unknown until I post my trailer and I'm not posting the trailer until the full machinima is done where then I'll post an episode like every week or so. IF just IF it gets enough views then I WILL do voice acting because it's suppose to be a trilogy, three of them and it will be heavily influenced on Zelda but I want to make the story something that's never been done before. On the last note my friends and I have also been coreographing (sorry that I killed that word) some fight scenes and we are REALLY good at the game and the fights will be amazing. I just want to delivery everyone the best machinima. It will be out by next year.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
...if you do a text based Machinima, it would be wise to look at Villanjo's Smash series: A Link to the Smash and Bounty Hunters

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
...if you do a text based Machinima, it would be wise to look at Villanjo's Smash series: A Link to the Smash and Bounty Hunters
I've seen them all already. I even spoke to Villanjo himself. I told him my ideas and he HIGHLY approves and recommends for me to use voice acting. Other than that he said it sound original compared to others he've seen. He stopped bounty hunters because he didn't have the manpower to finish it and school got into the way.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I've seen them all already. I even spoke to Villanjo himself. I told him my ideas and he HIGHLY approves and recommends for me to use voice acting. Other than that he said it sound original compared to others he've seen. He stopped bounty hunters because he didn't have the manpower to finish it and school got into the way.
You got dis. ;)

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
You got dis. ;)
Thanks for the confidence. Usually when someone makes a machinima, they just got and make it without a script and just have an "idea" of what they're doing (talking about first timers lol). Yes I am a newcomer at doing so, but I've been writing MULTIPLE versions of the story asking myself, well which role will this character play. Just to describe a bit of what I mean, Donkey Kong will be a supporting character, at first he's some huge herp-a-derp ape and if this gives you the slightest hint of what type of machinima this will be, he often gets featured in groose's theme, or even the Pirate Ship to give him that feeling. Later on he begins "helping" in a way and isn't as dumb and goofy as he started. Also, each Trilogy will have a different supporting character kind of like 007 just to switch it up and make it FEEL different but also keeps you familiar with the series style.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Thanks for the confidence. Usually when someone makes a machinima, they just got and make it without a script and just have an "idea" of what they're doing (talking about first timers lol). Yes I am a newcomer at doing so, but I've been writing MULTIPLE versions of the story asking myself, well which role will this character play. Just to describe a bit of what I mean, Donkey Kong will be a supporting character, at first he's some huge herp-a-derp ape and if this gives you the slightest hint of what type of machinima this will be, he often gets featured in groose's theme, or even the Pirate Ship to give him that feeling. Later on he begins "helping" in a way and isn't as dumb and goofy as he started. Also, each Trilogy will have a different supporting character kind of like 007 just to switch it up and make it FEEL different but also keeps you familiar with the series style.
Ideas? I'll be happy to help out if you need any.

:4kirby:->Idiot
:4greninja:->Silent
:4zelda::4peach:->Best friends who are obsessed with fashion
:4zss::4sheik:->Tomboy; hate each other
:4myfriends::4littlemac:Cap. Falcon-> Manly men who are obsessed with working out.
:4link:-> :4tlink: older brother, Toon Link keeps following him and is very annoying.
:4tlink:-> explained above
:rosalina:-> Hardcore astronomer.
:4mario::4luigi:-> Sibling rivalry
:4wiifit:-> Obsessed with health and all she talks about is fitness and working out. She inspired :4littlemac: to be a boxer. She broke up with him and still get over him. :4littlemac: doesn't care anymore.
:4yoshi::4charizard::4pikachu:-> They speak no English, they say their respective names.
:4diddy:-> Thinks he's cool.
:4bowser:->Main antagonist.
:4sonic:-> Jock/ In your face type of person.
:4dedede:-> Fat
:4lucario:-> Mostly quiet/ his name is Goku. Period.
:4villager:-> Messed up
:4dk:-> took that spot
:4fox:-> Cool guy
:4marth:-> Foreign exchange person.
:4megaman:-> Tech. nerd
:4olimar:-> Stereotypyical kid with allergies.
:4pit:-> Main protagonist
:4samus:-> Robot

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Ideas? I'll be happy to help out if you need any.

:4kirby:->Idiot
:4greninja:->Silent
:4zelda::4peach:->Best friends who are obsessed with fashion
:4zss::4sheik:->Tomboy; hate each other
:4myfriends::4littlemac:Cap. Falcon-> Manly men who are obsessed with working out.
:4link:-> :4tlink: older brother, Toon Link keeps following him and is very annoying.
:4tlink:-> explained above
:rosalina:-> Hardcore astronomer.
:4mario::4luigi:-> Sibling rivalry
:4wiifit:-> Obsessed with health and all she talks about is fitness and working out. She inspired :4littlemac: to be a boxer. She broke up with him and still get over him. :4littlemac: doesn't care anymore.
:4yoshi::4charizard::4pikachu:-> They speak no English, they say their respective names.
:4diddy:-> Thinks he's cool.
:4bowser:->Main antagonist.
:4sonic:-> Jock/ In your face type of person.
:4dedede:-> Fat
:4lucario:-> Mostly quiet/ his name is Goku. Period.
:4villager:-> Messed up
:4dk:-> took that spot
:4fox:-> Cool guy
:4marth:-> Foreign exchange person.
:4megaman:-> Tech. nerd
:4olimar:-> Stereotypyical kid with allergies.
:4pit:-> Main protagonist
:4samus:-> Robot
I find this histerical, thanks for the help. Most of these I've already thought of so far. It's like 3-4 on that list I never really thought about.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I find this histerical, thanks for the help. Most of these I've already thought of so far. It's like 3-4 on that list I never really thought about.
Also, if Charizard were to talk he'd need to be something like this.

Optimistic Charizard is SSB4's Charizard and is meant to be optimistic in every way possible, period. Although there could be one where he goes Mega Pessimistic X and outright insults the characters.

Optimistic is co-owned by @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon & @Moon Monkey.

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Also, if Charizard were to talk he'd need to be something like this.

Optimistic Charizard is SSB4's Charizard and is meant to be optimistic in every way possible, period. Although there could be one where he goes Mega Pessimistic X and outright insults the characters.

Optimistic is co-owned by @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon & @Moon Monkey.
My machinika isn't suppose to be funny...

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
If you want a successful series, voice acting is almost necessary because it helps viewers grow on the characters.

Also, I wouldn't go the typical route with characters. You want to make your Machinima stand out.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If you're looking for a better avenue for "great story", fanfictions are more appropriate. Oh don't get me started. Wash away those preconceived notions of those Marth x Link makeout sessions by hormonal weaboo fangirls doing it for boredom. There's some truly compelling stuff out there if you spend your time looking for it. One Last Smash and the League of Legends series for example. :smirk:

Now that I think about it, the way fanfics are misrepresented are just like how machinimas are misrepresented. The former gets Pit on Ike sausage leapfrog sessions and the latter gets hyperactive, stupid comedies chock full 'o' enough swearing to make most raunch movies looks like afterschool specials. I haven't watched much machinima to know better. Or there hasn't really been one machinimator to defy how capable we know the format's conventions to be.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Watch this series - that goes for all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL742394B392192F61

Best series on all of Youtube. I'd rewatch it again cause its so well made, and it's still ongoing (Although i sense the creator is growing tired of it)

EDIT: Either Smash Machinimas take themselves too seriously or the humor is all extremely stupid (haha you dumb b**tch haahhaha), atleast, from what I'm reminded of.

I wanna make a little thing in Smash 4 if non-hack means allow.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Watch this series - that goes for all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL742394B392192F61

Best series on all of Youtube. I'd rewatch it again cause its so well made, and it's still ongoing (Although i sense the creator is growing tired of it)
I actually started doing that a couple of days ago, when I mentioned it in this topic. xD

But I can only watch the vids at midnight cause satellite internet.

I already got caught up on Smashtasm, but I doubt that will be getting anything new either, but it turned out I only missed out on one epsisode, that was a cliff hanger. Now I'm working on Smash King.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I actually started doing that a couple of days ago, when I mentioned it in this topic. xD

But I can only watch the vids at midnight cause satellite internet.

I already got caught up on Smashtasm, but I doubt that will be getting anything new either, but it turned out I only missed out on one epsisode, that was a cliff hanger. Now I'm working on Smash King.
Yeah these series usually never finish, which sucks. There are only a few that actually have finished, like Peaches Slutty Adventure. But... that speaks for itself. And any other usually isn't voiced.

Smash King is by far the most immersive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom