• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Machamp Smashes into Smash! (Machamp Support Thread)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

"Using it's heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victims clear over the horizon." -The Pokedex, Pokemon Red

Machamp is one of the most popular fighting-type Pokemon, introduced in Generation 1. He evolves from Machoke and is the final evolution of the Machop line.

"Ok, why should he be in that one fighting game that I can't remember the name of for some reason?"
Well, Machamp, as said before, is a very popular Pokemon. He would join the ranks of Lucario and Incineroar as a fighting type Pokemon in Smash. But that begs the question-

"Do we really need another fighting type/gen 1/fully evolved/humanlike Pokemon?"
Nah, not really. I'd like for us to get some other, Pokemon first-and with all the Gen 4 hype recently with Legends and BDSP, I think we'll probably get one of those first. But Machamp would be the ideal replacement for Incineroar.

"What could he do?"
Dual chop, low sweep, dynamic punch, cross chop, vital throw, among other moves. Not to mention, he does have a full fighting game moveset in Pokken Tournament. I imagine he'd be like a heavier, faster Incineroar. And his Final Smash could either be the Synergy Burst from Pokken Tournament, or his Gigantamax form!

"Okay. What about stages, alt colors, and music?"
Uhh, I have no idea. I don't play a lot of Pokemon (I was copying the moves off of Bulbapedia earlier). If any Pokemon fans want to suggest anything I'll add it to the OP!

"Couldn't he be an Incineroar echo?"
NO. Do not disrespect my boy like that ever again.
Just kidding. I think he'd work fine as an Incineroar echo. I just think Machamp is cooler, and since he came 6 gens earlier, it would be strange for him to be an echo of Incin, and not the other way around. But I guess Ganondorf shared a ton of moves with Falcon back in Melee, so it's certainly not impossible. I just hope it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

"Using it's heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victims clear over the horizon." -The Pokedex, Pokemon Red

Machamp is one of the most popular fighting-type Pokemon, introduced in Generation 1. He evolves from Machoke and is the final evolution of the Machop line.

"Ok, why should he be in that one fighting game that I can't remember the name of for some reason?"
Well, Machamp, as said before, is a very popular Pokemon. He would join the ranks of Lucario and Incineroar as a fighting type Pokemon in Smash. But that begs the question-

"Do we really need another fighting type/gen 1/fully evolved/humanlike Pokemon?"
Nah, not really. I'd like for us to get some other, Pokemon first-and with all the Gen 4 hype recently with Legends and BDSP, I think we'll probably get one of those first. But Machamp would be the ideal replacement for Incineroar.

"What could he do?"
Dual chop, low sweep, dynamic punch, cross chop, vital throw, among other moves. Not to mention, he does have a full fighting game moveset in Pokken Tournament. I imagine he'd be like a heavier, faster Incineroar. And his Final Smash could either be the Synergy Burst from Pokken Tournament, or his Gigantamax form!

"Okay. What about stages, alt colors, and music?"
Uhh, I have no idea. I don't play a lot of Pokemon (I was copying the moves off of Bulbapedia earlier). If any Pokemon fans want to suggest anything I'll add it to the OP!

"Couldn't he be an Incineroar echo?"
NO. Do not disrespect my boy like that ever again.
Just kidding. I think he'd work fine as an Incineroar echo. I just think Machamp is cooler, and since he came 6 gens earlier, it would be strange for him to be an echo of Incin, and not the other way around. But I guess Ganondorf shared a ton of moves with Falcon back in Melee, so it's certainly not impossible. I just hope it doesn't happen.

I not only do not play Pokémon, I also never knew much about it, nevertheless I support Machamp. Judging from the character's appearance, it would probably fit my playstyle quite well. That is a hunch, but what else could I say?

P.S. It must have King Dedede's and Donkey Kong's DNA.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Machamp is pretty cool. It’s not one of my most favorite Pokémon but I do like it. I would support it getting into Smash. I’d love to see Goro from Mortal Kombat also make it in somehow so we could finally settle who is the better four armed fighter.

Top Bottom