• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I found a redesign somebody did that I thought was worth sharing. It's look it a bit too generic-power-armor for my tastes but I thought somebody might like it.

They also did a set of color swaps.

Edit: The images don't seem to be working.

https://imgur.com/yFHg4Tk

https://imgur.com/s1SBKk0
Oh…no offense to the person who made this, but…are we sure this isn’t a design for a Halo fanfic?

Oddball

Smash Lord
Oh…no offense to the person who made this, but…are we sure this isn’t a design for a Halo fanfic?
The site clearly listed this as Mach Rider and had a bike design to go with it (that I forgot to post).

https://imgur.com/Ps2ydI6

But yeah, I tend to think something a bit more Mad Max style when I think of the 'Rider myself.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I found a redesign somebody did that I thought was worth sharing. It's look it a bit too generic-power-armor for my tastes but I thought somebody might like it.

They also did a set of color swaps.

Edit: The images don't seem to be working.

https://imgur.com/yFHg4Tk

https://imgur.com/s1SBKk0
(Sorry for replying to this late, but) Mach Rider definitely needs to keep the shoulder spikes. If anything, more spikes should be added to perhaps the helmet and/or knees to enhance the "biker" theme. Taking them away does indeed make him look like a generic helmet character not too dissimilar from Samus, Captain Falcon, or Master Chief.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Gotta say, while a Smash invitation would certainly do justice to Mach Rider, It kinda saddens me that Nintendo just refuses to touch most of their NES classic series.

I think Mach Rider, for example, has a lot of potential for a modern installment. Something essentially in the style of Jak 3, and a bit of Fallout I guess, and it would keep the lighthearted tone of the original NES game, but of course, while still being set on a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max style wasteland world. That’s just me tho.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm really not a fan of that redesign, I feel like it tries too hard. He looks more like something about of Tron Legacy than a true to source modern interpretation.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey guys, after imagining what it would be like if Mach Rider got a new game for the Switch, I decided to design its cover, just for fun.
Oh and I used a fan made render of MR that was already shown on a previous page, btw.

Here it is:
View attachment 282532

Thoughts?
I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Oddball

Smash Lord
vs-mach-rider_marquee.jpg

So the VS Mach Rider (famous for revealing the Mach Rider girl) used this as it's arcade marquee. You don't exactly get a good look at the rider.
I do like the bike design. It's very sleek and futuristic. A nice sleek purple color scheme for the character could be a nice reference to this.

And here's just a cute Mach Rider.

Mach Smash.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd love to see them bring Mach Rider back as a character in Mario Kart.
I'm surprised they haven't brought Kamek back as a Mario Kart character as well since he was originally intended for Mario Kart 64:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm surprised they haven't brought Kamek back as a Mario Kart character as well since he was originally intended for Mario Kart 64:

Doubly so when they have zero problems making other enemies playable, yet still somehow haven't thought of him.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I'm pretty sure data pertaining to Kamek was even found for MK8.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
When it comes to Fighters Pass 2, Mach Rider is probably the only retro NES black box character I have some hope left for.

It sure would be great having another amazing fellow Nintendo retro character full of potential brought back to life via the Smash Brothers series, and as an added bonus, it would also be a nice middle finger to the people who think Smash is all about “mr. big shots” in gaming.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When it comes to Fighters Pass 2, Mach Rider is probably the only retro NES black box character I have some hope left for.

It sure would be great having another amazing fellow Nintendo retro character full of potential brought back to the Smash Brothers series, and as an added bonus, it would also be a nice middle finger to the people who think Smash is all about “mr. big shots” in gaming.
I'm rooting for both Mach Rider amd Ayumi Tachibana. While Ayumi isn't technically a Black Box character since her game Famicom Detective Club wasn't release in the States, she is still a Famicom/NES character. I have a tiny bit of hope for her as well since they're currently making a Famicom Detective Club Switch remake. If that get's localized and releases in the west, than I think Ayumi could potentially be in Fighter's Pass 2 to promote it.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
This has probably been discussed before here but what do you think Mach Rider’s stage should be like? Visually should it have the 8 bit retro style of the original NES game like in the Balloon Fight and Duck Hunt Stages or should it look modern/hd like in the Ice Climber and Wrecking Crew stages?
D6AC00BD-C47C-4E93-812B-877EDD1E2F14.jpeg

1611723933471.jpeg

Also should the fight take place in the middle of the road with the Quadrunners passing by as stage hazards (like in the Mario Kart stage) or should it take place on top of multiple moving vehicles (like in the retro F-Zero stage)?

Personally I think I’m ok with all versions from both choices. Tho when it comes to appearance, I’d be pretty damn curious to see how Nintendo would design it as with an hd approach in mind.

Attachments

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This has probably been discussed before here but what do you think Mach Rider’s stage should be like? Visually should it have the 8 bit retro style of the original NES game like in the Balloon Fight and Duck Hunt Stages or should it look modern/hd like in the Ice Climber and Wrecking Crew stages?
View attachment 300719
View attachment 300712

Also should the fight take place in the middle of the road with the Quadrunners passing by as stage hazards (like in the Mario Kart stage) or should it take place on top of multiple moving vehicles (like in the retro F-Zero stage)?

Personally I think I’m ok with all versions from both choices. Tho when it comes to appearance, I’d be pretty damn curious to see how Nintendo would design it as with an hd approach in mind.
I wouldn't mind if his stage is 8-Bit or modern. The main thing I would want for a Mach Rider stage would be to fight on a highway in the middle of the desert. Some other characters in motorcycles would come run over you as stage hazards every now and than. Good conspect for a simple and fun stage.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
My idea is that the Stage would would take place in the Middle of an 8-Bit...ish road, with two destroyed Highway Signs acting as Platforms on either Side, with Mach Rider Enemies driving on the Road. There's a Slope on Both Sides, and there's a Large Platform above the Road and Slopes. Would fit perfectly, especially if Mach Rider got a ridiculous amount of North Star Influence in her Moveset. Could be fun.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
It's good to be back on the boards. My sister is a big DnD player and introduced me to this hero forge custom miniature designer site. So obviously I spent my time making Nintendo characters. Here is my take on Mach Rider. (cut me some slack if the coloring isn't quite right - being colorblind is hard)
MR1.JPG
MR2.JPG

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's good to be back on the boards. My sister is a big DnD player and introduced me to this hero forge custom miniature designer site. So obviously I spent my time making Nintendo characters. Here is my take on Mach Rider. (cut me some slack if the coloring isn't quite right - being colorblind is hard)
View attachment 315641View attachment 315642
Is this the part where I make a joke about this being a leaked redesign?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You made this? Amazing. Welcome back dude.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is badass!! It makes me want to actually order this miniature and figure out a way to play her in one of my games!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Of all the many 'leaks', theories, rumors, patterns, etc - the one that has stuck with me in the back of my mind is the idea that Sakurai would include a retro character that Iwata had been part of as a tribute to his friend. Balloon Fighter is probably the most obvious choice but Iwata did work on Mach Rider too. So here's hoping!

Top Bottom