• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I really hope the Grinch/Banner leak is real for just Mach Rider alone. I also hope for Banjo & Kazooie and Geno to get in as well, but I don't know how likely Mach Rider would be if the Grinch/Banner leak isn't real, especially if all the newcomers are being taken from the Smash Ballot.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Also, Mr. Stevenson and Bubbles.
Bubbles would be cool for the next game. Sakurai seems to tend to characters that are known internationally, so I don't think characters like Ayumi, Lip or Prince Sable stand a good chance in the future. The only retros that have a chance in my opinion are Urban Champion, Bubbles and maybe Excitebiker, depending on how Mach Rider gets included.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

We're winding down, Mach Riders! Best of luck to you all tomorrow! Would love to see another Retro NES rep make a comeback!

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Hello all! Just dropping by from the Isaac thread and I'm putting in my support for Mach Rider. I think this game needs a retro rep and Mach Rider definitely fits the bill and I strongly believe that he's so a Sakurai pick. Hopefully, we'll see him, Isaac, and the rest of the Grinch Crew in the game!

#GrinchCrew

Pakky

Smash Hero
Machy tales

Travis: Woah hey baby nice bike I've got one too see

Mach: looks at bike

Travis: impressed right, top of the line, I got all the bells and whistles

Mach: is still looking at bike

Travis: So what's under your.. Wanna take her for a ride huh?

Mach: Shoots Travis in the leg

Travis: What the **** lady?

Mach: She's too precious for you

mach drives away on Travis's bike.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Hey I have a request from the Bandana Dee thread. If the Grinch leak is real...

Will you help us in campaigning for the DeeLC?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I mean, there will be much less competition in popularity when DLC comes around, so I think so.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

I would be incredibly surprised if Bandanna Dee doesn't make it in as early DLC if not base. He's basically the Ridley of Japan, I don't really see how Ridley could make it in without Bandanna Dee also getting in to appease Japanese fanbase.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So if the Grinch leak is real what do you all wan the fist Mach comic to be about?

I've had some terrible ideas but let me hear yours.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Dear Mach Rider supporters,

The support thread from the Grinch leak with the least pages but nonetheless: I wish you lots of luck tomorrow. It'll be a pleasure to see if Mach Rider is a guy or a girl, and if (s)he is constantly on a bike or not. I'm praying with you!

-a Chorus Kids supporter

LetterO

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids fan here to wish all you Mach Rider fans good luck for tomorrow!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Here's hoping we get to see Mach Rider in the direct, he's my most wanted NES rep and I'd love to see how Sakurai implements him

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I can't wait to see this guy/girls moveset and just how he/she is represented if the leak is real (also what gender they are). This character is one of the most exciting for me, and I can't wait to see what they did with him!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I don't mind Incineroar, but on the bright side, Mach Rider got a decent amount of attention, which is good for if Nintendo makes a new ballot.

NukeA6

Smash Master
It's not over till it's over. I hope we don't get limited to one vote though because with Geno still out, I don't know who to choose for the ballot.

On second thought, it looks like the final 5 are already chosen unless there's more.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
It's not over till it's over. I hope we don't get limited to one vote though because with Geno still out, I don't know who to choose for the ballot.

On second thought, it looks like the final 5 are already chosen unless there's more.
I agree that the final 5 may have already been chosen chosen. All we can do is wait. I'm kind of hoping the Sakurai bias comes through and he decides to add Mach Rider as his Retro choice.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Maybe we can get a Mach Rider Spirit that forces people to dash and use guns, or use the Wario Bike? I'm a fan of the new Spirits battles so my mind is full of cool ways they can shout out Mach Rider. Of course, I'd love a downloadable character!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
This was definitely a disappointing Direct, considering all we've been dealing with before this past week. That said, I'm still optimistic and excited to have the game in hand December 7th! I'm taking off that Friday and Monday and playing for four days, trying to unlock as many characters as possible with my friends and enjoy every bit of it I can play. Despite the tragic loss of the Grinch leak and no longer having the prospect of Issac, Geno, Shadow, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and, of course, Banjo & Kazooie in the base roster, I still give major props to whoever made that banner. It inspired hope in us and I for one am keeping that fake banner in my collection of photos just as a reminder that the perfect Smash roster may yet be made some day. I hold no hard feelings towards Sakurai and know he's doing his best to please as many people as possible. This game is still going to be fun to play with my friends and hopefully maybe someday everyone's favorites will manage to make it in. I hope you all keep your spirits high and not get mired down in disappointment for too long. This game can still be surprising and entertaining. Hope to see you all on the battlefield!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, even if the Grinch leak did not come true, I feel like Mach Rider has still benefitted from it. There is certainly a bigger number of supporters here now than there was before, and I certainly would not have been here if it were not for the Grinch leak. I will certainly stick around for this character from now on.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
You know, even if the Grinch leak did not come true, I feel like Mach Rider has still benefitted from it. There is certainly a bigger number of supporters here now than there was before, and I certainly would not have been here if it were not for the Grinch leak. I will certainly stick around for this character from now on.
That's actually a good point. Until the Grinch leak I was a bigger Exitebike racer supporter but after the Grinch leak Mach Rider has been resonating really well with everyone.

Maybe there will be a Ballot part 2?...

zferolie

Smash Hero
SO I heard Mach Rider is a Spirit. I really don't think a spirit negates a chance at DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Goodbye, Mach Rider. Honestly the lack of any NES retro reps this time around makes me think they're done for good.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
SO I heard Mach Rider is a Spirit. I really don't think a spirit negates a chance at DLC.
Has anyone made a screencap yet? Also watching NairoMK's stream he pointed out that Geno was a spirit. I'm not sure if being a spirit deconfirms a character from being playable due to majority of the Smash Roster getting btfo by lightbeam tentacles, but I wouldn't count out Mach Rider, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie and everyone else who isn't a trophy or an item character just yet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Has anyone made a screencap yet? Also watching NairoMK's stream he pointed out that Geno was a spirit. I'm not sure if being a spirit deconfirms a character from being playable due to majority of the Smash Roster getting btfo by lightbeam tentacles, but I wouldn't count out Mach Rider, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie and everyone else who isn't a trophy or an item character just yet.
I thought it was on the site, but most be somewhere in video form instead.

I don't think being a spirit stops one from being a fighter. If so Sakurai pretty much killed 99% of all choices. Mewtwo was a trophy in 4 before becoming DLC, so it is possible for sure.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I thought it was on the site, but most be somewhere in video form instead.

I don't think being a spirit stops one from being a fighter. If so Sakurai pretty much killed 99% of all choices. Mewtwo was a trophy in 4 before becoming DLC, so it is possible for sure.
I haven't checked the site yet, also I forgot about Mewtwo being a trophy for Smash 4 first.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Goodbye, Mach Rider. Honestly the lack of any NES retro reps this time around makes me think they're done for good.
I feel like the only reason for there being no new NES retro reps is because they prioritized getting everyone back while focusing less on newcomers, so Sakurai had to sacrifice, say, a reserved slot that would normally have gone for a retro rep. believe Mach Rider still has a chance as DLC.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Hello MachRiderBros, today was kinda a bummer for everyone.

We decided to create the Grinchcord were we can all promote our characters and I would like to hear about yours.

The Goal: Show Nintendo that the Grinch leak is what we want to create the Ultimate SmashGame.

You are all welcome, we would be happy to have you all :D

https://discord.gg/vgvAtW

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like the only reason for there being no new NES retro reps is because they prioritized getting everyone back while focusing less on newcomers, so Sakurai had to sacrifice, say, a reserved slot that would normally have gone for a retro rep. believe Mach Rider still has a chance as DLC.
I agree, I feel a retro rep is a lock for 1 of those 5 DLC slots. I doubt all of them would be 3rd party reps(as the only 1st party thats newer that isn't deconfirmed is Rhythm Heaven)

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Don't worry Mach Riders, I'll continue support until the end!

not as much as my bandana boy of course but I still think Mach has a decent chance.

I don't, however, think there will be another ballot.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Spurts.png

Spotted a Mach Rider spirit at the bottom right. It's the Japanese/European boxart.
I absolutely do not believe Spirits deconfirm DLC characters, so I just think this is kinda interesting.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Unless Nintendo is secretly working on a Mach Rider game, Mach Rider's chances of being DLC seems low.

Top Bottom