• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lux Desyncs and how to do them

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So you all stop asking me how to do them:

LD1 - Buffered out of any cool down that isn't Grab, Pivot Grab, Dash Grab, Taunt, Spot Dodge, Rolls, Crouch Getup, Getup Options, Grounded IB, Landing SH IB, Aerial Blizzard, desynced belay (10 Frame Window)

Forward Walk > Reverse Initial Dash > Desync > Option

LD2 - Buffered out of anything, but is at it's best when buffered out of Standing Grab, Pivot Grab, Dash Grab, Taunt, Spot Dodge, Rolls, Crouch Getup, Getup Options, Grounded IB, Landing SH IB, Aerial Blizzard (8 Frame Window)

Turnaround > Buffer Reverse Initial Dash out of turn around > Desynced > Option

LD3 - Platform Cancelling for ICs on Frame 3 (or 4, whatever the last frame is) using an aerial option. (1 Frame Window)

Jump > Hold Down > Use Cstick to Input Aerial Attack While Holding Down to Platform Cancel or simply Platform cancel on last possible frame > Desynced > Grab

If you hit their shield with the aerial, you have a guaranteed grab. You can also do this with Air Dodge, Blizzard, and Empty Platform Cancel.

LD4 - Buffered SH IB (1 Frame Window)

Short Hop > Buffer IB > Land > Desynced 1 Frame window to input a Nana special option

LD5 - SHAD Setup (2-5 Frame Window)

Short Hop > Air Dodge > Buffer Popo Dash on Landing > Desynced > Nana Option

Can be done with SHFF, but it's much stricter (pretty sure the window is 1 or 2 frames). You can also Buffer a Popo Shield Drop on Landing as well (which is my favorite)

LD6 - Single Climber Shield setup

If you shield a projectile while walking forward or away so that it only hits one climbers shield, the shield hit lag and shield hit stun will create a frame window where if one buffers a shield drop only one climber will act

Shield > Shield Hit > Shield Drop > Desynced > Option

If I think of any other things, I'll post it. I pray that one day an IC will use these instead of 3 Dash Dancing everywhere

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is forward walk in LD1, how far or what? I don't quite get that

DeLux

You actually don't walk anywhere. You just buffer it and the RID

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'll try and get to practicing these soon. Hopefully you can show me the inputs IRL in a couple weeks, might need help with some of them.

Really excited to not risk tripping two or three times just to get Nana to use Blizzard.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You guys don't use the "SND" something to desynch? It's where you input a turnaround then quickly input dash in the opposite direction. Only Nana dashes and Popo is almost immediately able to do anything and Nana is still close, there is very little risk tripping and it's damn easy. I have never used any dashdance stuff =/

DeLux

I probably used SND > Shield Drop > Nana Option more than anyone

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Never tried using Shield Drop with it... I usually just use IBs since that's how I want to control the match most of the time. I guess Shield Drop is a bit better when close to opponent and allows you to Desynch OoS?

DeLux

Shield drop with Popo allows Nana to act without committing to something as laggy as ice shot.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well yeah it makes sense. Though at a little but farther away IBs are no problem. What would you suggest then?

DeLux

Move closer?

ICs camp game is best at mid range in my opinion. Like when I see people try to camp with ICs, they do it on the other side of the stage. Cutting off and playing the middle is absurdly powerful. This is why I love Lux's Cruise so much because the spaceship has a platform in the center to facilitate the camp game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh I didn't mean that, I mean't what move should I use instead of IB in my desynch at ranges where IB is too laggy and shield isn't that good.

DeLux

You probably shouldn't be desyncing at that point. The range at which IB is too laggy is pretty small though, so I'm not sure why you'd want to desync at that range.

DeLux

Honestly it's character dependent. Generally your camp zone should be one IC dash length + one of your opponent's dash lengths or their longest zoning option (snake ftilt, Marth Fair, things like that). Anything closer and it's read based. I get away with desyncing close to people because a lot of the times I'm operating under the premise people need to see three dashes to desync from every other IC, so they lose their opportunity to punish when I'm doing things in one dash out of shield etc.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right, maybe that's one reason I am terrible. It has something to do with why I get 0 deathed pretty much always when I get hit? Especially against Marth... Gay Mu...

DeLux

Yea, desyncing too close to marth is going to get you killed

Being desynced close to marth isn't bad, but desyncing close is going to get you a trip to the county fair. That's where you count how many fairs nana gets hit by before she gets spiked.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
so good, killlock proved that been aggressive its better than been gay, he has skill not like others just going for grab to death.
Dannieel92

Oh youtube, you never let me down.

| Big D |

Smash Master
He's an Oli I 3 stocked in tourney...

Next tourney he didn't enter singles.

He's a rather annoying fellow who johns and calls other people's style gay.

He plays MK/Oli and CPs to RC >.>

At my first tourney he brought me to brinstar and literally abused nado on my newby self.

DeLux

For LD5, some platform you can perform this with FH and others timing a specific Double Jump.

I haven't gotten it to work yet on Lylat or Smashville though. I'm not sure exactly WHY they work (I know how in that one climber goes ) so I haven't rule out the possibility it might be related to moving platforms, but I doubt it. Probably could be me being bad.

Top Bottom