• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's taunts, where did that come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie
Luigi probably has a couple of the best taunts in the game. One does damage and knockback... How embarrassing would it be to be KO'd by that kick? :p The picture poses is hilarious, and just goes to show much much Luigi is 'the man'. :laugh: (Lucario is still my 'main dog' though ;) :p) However, it's the third taunt that don't fully understand...

I know that was one of his victory poses in Melee, and probably in Brawl as well, but where did it come from? I mean, surely that didn't just say, "Hey, let's make Luigi fall on his face, flat as a board!"... or did they? Does anybody know anything of the origin of this taunt?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

(taunt compilation: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSxR3ebOzc&feature=user )

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
I love Luigi's taunts. His face plant taunt is great, the weej is so goofy!

The kick taunt has a set force, so it sends enemy the same distance no matter his percentage.

I'm still not sure what happens if enemy is hanging on ledge and Luigi executes kick taunt.

In melee was instaPWN!

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Luigi got style, thats for sure.

never realy thought to play him, but ill give it a try. he just looks so awsome :D

NGamer92

Smash Rookie
Luigi's taunts are hilarious I absolutley can't wait to play him and to me Luigi seems like one of the most random acting characters in the game.

To me this is a good thing and it makes him seem way less of a clone than most people think.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
You have to love the picture pose taunt. It is HILARIOUS. I'm sure luigi will be back in my top three. No idea where the flat board one comes from. ;)

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
I'm just surprised with Weege's Kick Taunt has MUCH more knockback (Poor Lucas in the vid I saw went flying till he hit the roof of the mansion.)

hisshouburaiken

Smash Cadet
Too bad the kick does set knockback this time, but it's a lot stronger as an edge spike. It can also KO a light character if they're in the negative zone.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
QFT.

YEah, i played M&L: SS, and his taunt doesn't come from that game. I'm sorry.
It does. In the beginning of the game you are ordered to make fotos for your passes. If you push the directional buttons while taking the foto, Luigi does the face-thing. I don't know if every single one is from M&L:SS, but most of them are.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
The quick weird poses he does are taken from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Those were the poses you could do while being photographed for your "passport" (save file). "Don't go and make silly faces, you!"

EDIT: Darn, been said already.

WIGI

Smash Champion
His taunt spike now makes teh same sound as ness' baseball bat. and is alot stronger. iim pretty sure you cannot meteor cancel it. but you may be able to tech it. its pretty much an edge gaurd that pings.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
his fall on his face taunt is just him becoming a surfboard ala superstar saga.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
i saw it when luigi won at ssbm, so I always thought it was a luigi bow, be very stiff and just fall on your face.:laugh:

Blak2590

Smash Rookie
What happens in tournaments why is it such a big deal and why do they react so badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom