• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
Ah, tournaments. That's some real impressive stuff. Regionals, especially at the top 8, are crawling with elite players.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So i hope someone watched the Abadango saga where Elegant defeated Abadsngo and 3-0d Void. Luigi powered through 2 very difficult matchups in Mewtwo anf Sheik. Elegant placed top 8 on a 500+ tourney going solo Luigi.

It's a shame the boards have become so quiet now, i wanted to congratulate a player who is being considered as the best Luigi now, Elegant.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
So i hope someone watched the Abadango saga where Elegant defeated Abadsngo and 3-0d Void. Luigi powered through 2 very difficult matchups in Mewtwo anf Sheik. Elegant placed top 8 on a 500+ tourney going solo Luigi.

It's a shame the boards have become so quiet now, i wanted to congratulate a player who is being considered as the best Luigi now, Elegant.
Honestly, before Elegant came in and took top 8 at two relatively stacked tournaments, I was expecting Luigi to get the Wario drop (dropping down from high mid tier to low mid/high low). But now that Elegant came in with a solo Luigi and did something like this...well I'm just glad that there's a relevant player repping Luigi again (no offense to ConCon. I really like him and his play...but he's hasn't been doing too hot as of late at higher levels of play). If Elegant can keep up this consistency, which I think he can, opinions of Luigi will continue to rise. The fact that he 3-0ed Void and can give Abadango a hard time is really inspiring

doritos29

Smash Rookie
Does anybody know how Luigi's step dash looks? It might be good in theory due to his low traction.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wow it definitely has potential if its better than bayo's step dash.
Sorry, upon further inspection Bayo's is actually better, I looked it up in further detail and Luigi's is 3rd, behind Meta Knight and Bayo.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm sure most of us have seen MSM 69 where Elegant had the cool little kill confirm of d throw > reverse u air > Bair. This confirm has been around for some time now, so I have a question: do we have a chart that shows the percents on which this works for each character? If not, would anyone be willing to make one? This kill confirm seems very useful, and it'd be cool to look at it a bit more closely

Ndzablou

Smash Cadet
NNID
ndzablou
So, I'm sure most of us have seen MSM 69 where Elegant had the cool little kill confirm of d throw > reverse u air > Bair. This confirm has been around for some time now, so I have a question: do we have a chart that shows the percents on which this works for each character? If not, would anyone be willing to make one? This kill confirm seems very useful, and it'd be cool to look at it a bit more closely
The player Poke made a lab doc with a lot of % ranges for Luigi's combos and d-throw -> weak up air -> bair is one of the combos covered in the doc.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W7mn36aT3eHZttZNvxpWvPXj_VGVikqpsvOy5ROtXXw/edit#gid=0

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
I might not be the first person to discover this, but I found a few true combos out of dtilt when is trips.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I must say, I love how Elegant plays. He's constantly on the offense in this game and still does really well.
That's not something you see a lot of these days.
He goes in, taking control of the stage while thanking ppl for being passive and giving away the Stage Control to him.
Nothing's better than watching an offensive player beat a defensive player.

live4luigi

Smash Rookie
NNID
pikaxluigi24
Anyone notes how Luigi was the punching bag of this game?
In rules, if you go to stock it shows Luigi losing a stock, also for the damage ratio option Luigi is the one getting hurt
In the pre-release stuff (smash direct, 50-fact) most clips involved Luigi getting hurt
In Lucas and Mewtwo's trailers Luigi was hurt
In most of the challenge squares there was Luigi getting hurt, plus barely any Luigi pics without him getting hurt
There was barely any positive Luigi stuff
I know I say "hurt" a lot but I can't think of another word lololol
#poorluigi

Last edited:

RequiemRedStar

Smash Cadet
That's all rectified by the fact that in the opening sequence Luigi avoids a warlock punch with side taunt like a boss.

*By the way, has anyone ever done this or something like it in game?

Last edited:

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
Yeah, I did it on a Ganon trying to style on me. They caught a shoryuken.

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
So, what is everybody's opinion on ZeRo placing Luigi at 14th on his personal tier list?
Not exactly right. I get that Elegant is great and all, but Luigi just isn't up there with the other top tiers. His strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Not exactly right. I get that Elegant is great and all, but Luigi just isn't up there with the other top tiers. His strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses.
Zero's list is all over the place anyways, Sonic's results have been the best they're ever been since seemingly forever, but he puts him much lower than he did in his previous tier lists, yet at the time of those lists, Sonic was carrying maybe top 25 results at best, but now he is carrying top 10 maybe even top 5 results, and Zero did his dope for the day, and ranks him at 7th. I get that results aren't everything, but for a while we've never really seen what Sonic is capable of, we didn't think he was capable of much, and then one day we've seen the outright insanity that he can do and what he can truly do, Ken straight up beating MKLeo's Cloud, who at the time was Sonic's worst matchup, twice in a row, he also beat Aba twice, and MKLeo, all in the same tournament, then he proceeded to win it, this is after Zero's tier list, but its still note worthy and we should expect more of this, but Zero, again, did his dope for the day, and underestimated him to hell and back.

I'm only ranting about Sonic due to him being my main, well also about KEN's amazing results these past few months, which will probably rise in the future, but ECH. I could rant about the entire tier list, such as marth and definitely lucina being ranked too high, Mewtwo being too low, Rosa and ZSS being too high STILL. DK and Bows being way too high, Corrin being way too low, Link being a little too high, Lucario being way too high, and my favorite one. 3/4ths of the cast being HIGH TIER...! Wat!

Last edited:

HyprStorm

Smash Rookie
Im a ssb4 3ds noob
But I have a question
when I main Luigi sometimes when I'm at a low percentage and I get knocked of the arena when I press Y I don't jump and I can't recover

Please help this is my downfall

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Im a ssb4 3ds noob
But I have a question
when I main Luigi sometimes when I'm at a low percentage and I get knocked of the arena when I press Y I don't jump and I can't recover

Please help this is my downfall
Hi!

Is your jump set to y or x? It should work like any other button when pressed. Unless you are double jumping on stage or jumping out of an inescapable move like Macs jab, sometimes it burns both your jumps without you knowing, then you have no more jumps off stage.

Alternatively, you can change your jump button to whatever you like if that's not the case, maybe your y button is broken? Try something like L or X maybe.

Enjoy your stay!

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I am a traveling warrior looking for my Smash 4 main(s). As a part of my journey, I will be visiting all the character’s social threads who I think I might main. So, hi! To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.

:luigi:Hope to talk with you again!

Top Bottom