• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Hey guys, in an idea to advance the luigi meta, will someone test if its possible to reverse jump cancel up b for a reversed up b sweetspot?

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, in an idea to advance the luigi meta, will someone test if its possible to reverse jump cancel up b for a reversed up b sweetspot?
Sounds like an interesting concept, and I've been touching up on my jump cancelling as of late. I'll probably try it out when I get some time. If it works, it would be a cool new toy to kill with. Just one question: would that require b reversing the up b itself?

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Sounds like an interesting concept, and I've been touching up on my jump cancelling as of late. I'll probably try it out when I get some time. If it works, it would be a cool new toy to kill with. Just one question: would that require b reversing the up b itself?
Its impossible to turn Luigi's up b around outside of initial startup, which doesn't turn the sweetspot around.
The reverse jump cancel up smash only using the b (special) button instead is what I'm thinking.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Its impossible to turn Luigi's up b around outside of initial startup, which doesn't turn the sweetspot around.
The reverse jump cancel up smash only using the b (special) button instead is what I'm thinking.
Okay, I wanted to check because I knew you couldn't land a reverse sweetspot. I just wasn't exactly sure what you were explaining. Thanks for clearing things up :p

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Alright guys tourney registration begins! Just holler if you want in. Premium prize. An after some deliberation, I'm allowing premium members to play also. After all, Kursed let me play Survivor, despite being a mod. Inviting the Luigi boards also. I'll give it a few days before starting brackets.
If this doesn't pick up attention, I might make a thread or something for it. Don't miss out on Premium guys!

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
If this doesn't pick up attention, I might make a thread or something for it. Don't miss out on Premium guys!
If we can use the 3DS version (the one I own) then I'd be really interested. Though I could ask my friends to use their WiiU, but then I could only really do the tourney on Sundays. Also, just curious, what exactly does premium do?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If we can use the 3DS version (the one I own) then I'd be really interested. Though I could ask my friends to use their WiiU, but then I could only really do the tourney on Sundays. Also, just curious, what exactly does premium do?
I don't think 3DS version will work for this, sorry man! Premium gives you that blue username for month, bigger avatar, inbox, exclusive forum rights, a big more.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I don't think 3DS version will work for this, sorry man! Premium gives you that blue username for month, bigger avatar, inbox, exclusive forum rights, a big more.
Also, you can "prank" people.
But I think it's more of a nice way to gift people.

And sadly I can't partake in the tourney, the next few weeks are busy, loved to otherwise.

Last edited:

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Nah it's fine. I'm honestly uncomfortable with partaking in any tourney until I figure out the new MU ratios (namely Bowser and Mewtwo). And even then, I'd like to up my game in general before taking people on. Maybe next time.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
While I was labbing, I found yet another very hard-to-hit kill confirm that that has to do with soft Nair on a grounded opponent. It has to be at the back part of the hit of (basically around Luigi's thighs). If you hit them there, you send them at an angle that can be hit with a clean Bair out of DH. So far I tested with Pika and Fox. The former got true comboed around the 110-120% mark and the latter just got true comboed around 130%. So presumably it's around 120-130% for Fox. As you can tell, I haven't tested this a whole lot (just was labbing around on Pika when I did this), but I think the percent ranges might be a bit wider and it obviously will work on more characters. Probably not worth too much time as it requires a bit of luck hitting at the correct angle (as Nair is easily shielded and our fast fall is kinda abysmal) but it seemed reasonable to let you guys know we had it in case you guys didn't know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want to say I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it!

Also, it seems like Luigi got no changes... I'm glad that happened at least.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Merry Christmas Luigi mains! May your holiday be filled with green colors all around .

Oh, and some red thrown in too somewhere.

Süberr

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if you can or how to prevent Luigi headbutt from getting stuck into the the stage? Can you even tech it when someone hits you during the animation? It's really annoying to lose a stock because of it. Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know if you can or how to prevent Luigi headbutt from getting stuck into the the stage? Can you even tech it when someone hits you during the animation? It's really annoying to lose a stock because of it. Thanks in advance.
It can't be prevented...
You just have to be careful with Luigi's side B, especially when you misfire.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I did a Luigi montage, tell me what you guys think!
That triple dair spike at 0 % ish off the stage against Ganondorf was my personal favorite part. I also liked those fire ball lock around the middle and shield breaks.

Didn't care for the music though...eh. Irrelevant, nice montage.

Accidentally double posted so I'm adding this on here: "Shameless promotion, but last chance for a shot a 1 month premium in a Smash 4 tourney! Starting it tomorrow probably. Just holler if you want in, I think it's like 5 people so far...odds are good. "

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy new year, green bros!
Hopefully, we can prove this year that every year is the Year of Luigi!

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
Happy New Year to all Luigi mains. I'm hoping that someone will mod in a waluigi model in 2016

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Hello, Lanterns. Sorry for not coming here, often. Job, Discord, Holidays, and family so I hope u guys had a good Christmas and New years.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Actually did OK as Luigi at my last weekly. Beat an Ike and 2 stocked a Falcon with 20% taken.

...lost everything else.

But I came close to beating a Cloud, a matchup that I really hate atm. Last stock last hit scenerio made me lost (specifically limit break)

I went M2 also for Cloud who fared a bit better game 2.

Shame every single game I played that I lost as Luigi/M2 went last stock last hit, I failed in all of those...i need to learn how to close stocks in those crucial moments. It's easier for M2 but for Luigi its a bit more tough, relying mostly on D and usmash.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Actually did OK as Luigi at my last weekly. Beat an Ike and 2 stocked a Falcon with 20% taken.

...lost everything else.

But I came close to beating a Cloud, a matchup that I really hate atm. Last stock last hit scenerio made me lost (specifically limit break)

I went M2 also for Cloud who fared a bit better game 2.

Shame every single game I played that I lost as Luigi/M2 went last stock last hit, I failed in all of those...i need to learn how to close stocks in those crucial moments. It's easier for M2 but for Luigi its a bit more tough, relying mostly on D and usmash.
I just start spamming up smashes at random moments.
And litterally, just, spam. I just keep flicking the stick.

People have like called it my "signature move" because it works for no reason.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I just start spamming up smashes at random moments.
And litterally, just, spam. I just keep flicking the stick.

People have like called it my "signature move" because it works for no reason.
That sounds hilarious but you seem to have good tourney results so...I guess I'll work on spamming u smash more often. I relied on it a lot already for kos. Don't people read the u smash spam and just camp then?

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
That sounds hilarious but you seem to have good tourney results so...I guess I'll work on spamming u smash more often. I relied on it a lot already for kos. Don't people read the u smash spam and just camp then?
Its more so baiting approaches and putting on pressure when you want to use it more than once. I wouldn't really recommend it under normal circumstances, unless you're in your opponents head. It only works for me because I'm such a derp.
As a better way to get your kills, get your opponent offstage, and simply edge guard them or read their get up option. Luigi's forward air and down air are both really good because they're practically lagless in the air and send your opponent straight to the side.
And don't forget about those 3 percent pummels.

Also if your REALLY desperate, just spam nairs at like 155 lol.
Up throw at about 200.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Mileo279

Smash Cadet
Can anyone try down throw to tornado I know we were patched in 1.1.1 but I tried it the other day in training mode it combos up around 110% but I never got a chance to try it against a human please report here on findings

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
So guys I tried out the tier list maker app and the highlighting and C&P was pretty glitchy. Anyways this is my tier list right now, I'll try to make it look comprehendable. The tiers S, B, C, and D are just general. A was large so I split it into groups. The characters are in order of who I think is better than who.

Cyan's tier list:

S

A+

A

A-

B

C

D

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So guys I tried out the tier list maker app and the highlighting and C&P was pretty glitchy. Anyways this is my tier list right now, I'll try to make it look comprehendable. The tiers S, B, C, and D are just general. A was large so I split it into groups. The characters are in order of who I think is better than who.

Cyan's tier list:

S

A+

A

A-

B

C

D
Well...err,you definitely make the most...radical tier statement I've seen on here. Which is refreshing to look at. I have a lot of questions pertaining to the placements of quite a few characters, Doc, DK, and Game and Watch being the most striking of all.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well...err,you definitely make the most...radical tier statement I've seen on here. Which is refreshing to look at. I have a lot of questions pertaining to the placements of quite a few characters, Doc, DK, and Game and Watch being the most striking of all.
I must agree with one thing.
Dark Pit being over Pit.

Triumphanturtle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Triumphanturtle
Luigi is by far the greatest brawler out there. lookin for other luigis to face and help me get better. Lemme know

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Well, based off my personal experience, I can definitely say Doc has the tools to compete with just about every character. He just has a rougher time doing it compared to the other A+ tiers.
A tiers have some important option missing. Like for Luigi with landing, Diddy with recovery, or Wario with grab combos.
DK is once again based off my personal experience. He doesn't really have bad matchups (maybe pika), and he gets a ton of results.
G&W probably should be higher now that I think about it. Probably near ganon.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Doesn't the doc lack recovery aswell...? Just... that he's far slower, heavier, and can be juggled easier, takes longer, and has barely results in actual tournaments? I mean like event tournaments.

But yeah. I'll hold off from the rest of the list, and just... let it be We'll get our list sooner or later by the backroomers.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Doesn't the doc lack recovery aswell...? Just... that he's far slower, heavier, and can be juggled easier, takes longer, and has barely results in actual tournaments? I mean like event tournaments.

But yeah. I'll hold off from the rest of the list, and just... let it be We'll get our list sooner or later by the backroomers.
All the Bros., including Doc have the same weight.

Top Bottom