• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
@mrconcon You are amazing! amazing! How does it feel to be the first person in the world to beat Zero in a set? So proud to moderate the Luigi boards right now with this champion in it! Sheik matchup was rough but oh well celebration over here!
Actually, I think Mr. R was the first to take a set off ZeRo in Apex, but if you mean post-patch then yeah, Mr. CC would be the first.

But yeah, taking a set off ZeRo is a really big accomplishment and I'm proud of him for that, but I'm not really surprised because I already knew how good he was with Luigi when he streamed :p

EDIT: Ignore what I said about Mr. R, I got set and game mixed up haha.

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Mr. Second coming in with another place report of 2nd in spa city smash 4 # 4.

Last edited:

Shoyo James

believe in the buge
overall had a very interesting and fun weekend
managed to place 4th at the Arcadian/acadian idk what its called Xanadu last saturday! it was out of 96 people and I went all Luigi.
Then at my locals Boss and one of his friends showed up and I... managed to beat him 3-0 in winners finals and 3-1 in grand finals. They were incredible matches and we both played so well. Luigi dittos are really weird.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
overall had a very interesting and fun weekend
managed to place 4th at the Arcadian/acadian idk what its called Xanadu last saturday! it was out of 96 people and I went all Luigi.
Then at my locals Boss and one of his friends showed up and I... managed to beat him 3-0 in winners finals and 3-1 in grand finals. They were incredible matches and we both played so well. Luigi dittos are really weird.
Dang, you destroyed Boss? Wow! How do people no recognize you more?!

As for me, I still suck, got decimated in a bracket full of Falcons. I just struggle to land grabs it seems. Any suggestions for how to avoid a Falcon's uair? It seems Luigi has no answers to Falcon's uair.

What I did find though is that quick missile [3] is the best missile. It just covers soooo much distance. Sure you lag if you hit the ground, but you go so far you actually have time to get back up and attack usually. I used to avoid it because people said floating missile was better. I find floating missile bad compared to quick now. It moves waaay too slow and linear in the air compared to other missiles. My setup now is definitely 1311 or 3311 [Iceball is cool]

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Dang, you destroyed Boss? Wow! How do people no recognize you more?!

As for me, I still suck, got decimated in a bracket full of Falcons. I just struggle to land grabs it seems. Any suggestions for how to avoid a Falcon's uair? It seems Luigi has no answers to Falcon's uair.

What I did find though is that quick missile [3] is the best missile. It just covers soooo much distance. Sure you lag if you hit the ground, but you go so far you actually have time to get back up and attack usually. I used to avoid it because people said floating missile was better. I find floating missile bad compared to quick now. It moves waaay too slow and linear in the air compared to other missiles. My setup now is definitely 1311 or 3311 [Iceball is cool]
I should start using customs too...
Well, I really do enjoyplaying with the standard set, except ice ball. Ice ball is nice. Gotta agree with that.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm glad someone finally agrees with me.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Dang, you destroyed Boss? How do people not recognize you more?!
We're talking about a 7 or 6 month old game that has TONS of great players that don't get recognized yet. The only players that seem to get recognized are those on the top 10 smash streams and those that place in regionals up.
I find floating missile bad compared to quick now. It moves waaay too slow and linear in the air compared to other missiles]
The floating missile need to be charged to be usefull, from what I'm seeing, you aren't charging it at all, because its TERRIBLE uncharged.
The floating missile charges fast and when you get it at full charge it covers a decent amount of distance and is a viable reading kill option.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh no, I've charged it, and I hate how linear it is. Being linear would be useful if you could still sweetspot the ledge with missile. You can't, so it basically just let's opponents determine even easier where you are going to end up. And full charge doesn't matter much when quick missile can match it's distance with no charge. Also I rarely ever use missile for killing anyways, I'd much rather have it for recovering. It's only ok to throw out occasionally for mixups. People were more able to intercept floating as opposed to quick at the same venue I tried them out at.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Oh no, I've charged it, and I hate how linear it is. Being linear would be useful if you could still sweetspot the ledge with missile. You can't, so it basically just let's opponents determine even easier where you are going to end up. And full charge doesn't matter much when quick missile can match it's distance with no charge. Also I rarely ever use missile for killing anyways, I'd much rather have it for recovering. It's only ok to throw out occasionally for mixups. People were more able to intercept floating as opposed to quick at the same venue I tried them out at.
Yeah but you're comparing it to a missile that leave you wide open or shoots you under the stage if you try to use it below the stage, which is where I usually use it.
Also I have rarely been killed out of a charged missile.
Here's how it works:
The normal missile is ok, but it leaves you open almost everytime.
The quick missile is good above stage for recovering, but that's about it.
The floating missile is good for getting a faster charged normal missile, just with slightly less distance and power.
You can also usually mix up how you use your floating missile compared to the other two, so it doesn't leave you THAT open.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I prefer Quick Missile for it's horizontal recover and power. Then again, I haven't used Floating Missile in months after not liking its shorter distance and power.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I FINALLY downloaded Dark Moon, I can't believe I waited so long. Luigi was my favorite Nintendo character after Luigi's Mansion came out and this game is just beautiful. I'll have to play the next Superstar Saga game next.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I FINALLY downloaded Dark Moon, I can't believe I waited so long. Luigi was my favorite Nintendo character after Luigi's Mansion came out and this game is just beautiful. I'll have to play the next Superstar Saga game next.
Super star saga... you mean mario&luigi? And with next you mean dream team bros?
Except of the long tutorial, it is a really really fun game. Can only recommend!

D

Deleted member

You should look into getting Dream Team.
The tutorial phase is pretty damn long, but it will be a game that you make you love Luigi even more.

Peppa

NNID
ThePeppa
You should look into getting Dream Team.
The tutorial phase is pretty damn long, but it will be a game that you make you love Luigi even more.
I probably will. Bowser's Inside story was pretty fun. I don't usually play many Nintendo games outside of Smash, and I feel like I'm missing out.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Luigi is so similar to me he messes with his nose like I do. go figure.
So you are... rescuing prince
BIS and DT were great games. I recommend them.

If you have a huge nose like that, why wouldn't you mess with it?

Why Mario and Luigi have such big noses I have no clue though... Too much Mushrooms?
I expected a jew joke there... since both of them collect so many coins...
Anyway, don't be racist. Be like mario!

Peppa

NNID
ThePeppa
BIS and DT were great games. I recommend them.

If you have a huge nose like that, why wouldn't you mess with it?

Why Mario and Luigi have such big noses I have no clue though... Too much Mushrooms?
Perhaps because they are Italian? I can tell you one thing and that's I never want to see either one of them shirtless. That dreaded Italian backhair though.

nyanturtwig

Smash Cadet
NNID
nyanturtwig
3DS FC
0490-4718-5860
So I just got Luigi's Down Taunt spike on for glory. I've done it. I don't I will ever have a greater moment while playing as Luigi. Unless of course I do it again.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
You'll find yourself getting that alot at high level.
Well, one reason for it is you are masterly at executing it at high level.
Other reason against this claim is... it is expected from high level players, and is therefore evaded from other high level players, which you meet often, since you are high level.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
As a life-long Luigi main, I don't know if I should be happy that Luigi is finally good enough to have people wanting small nerfs, or sad because he might actually be nerfed.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
As a life-long Luigi main, I don't know if I should be happy that Luigi is finally good enough to have people wanting small nerfs, or sad because he might actually be nerfed.
Be happy, the frame data prolly will stay amazing, and with custom moves he's fine at it is.

D

Deleted member

I feel mixed.
I just hate it when I beat someone, it's because I am playing as Luigi rather than my skills with Luigi.
At the same time, I am glad that Luigi isn't trash and is pretty amazing.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
He won't get nerfed as long as he's not on the top of the tier list. Like, Sheik level top.

Mirax96

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mirax96
3DS FC
4081-5489-7344
He already got nerfed from Brawl, I doubt he needs more... Pew pew!

D

Deleted member

He won't get nerfed as long as he's not on the top of the tier list. Like, Sheik level top.
Some people believe he is, but he does have some weaknesses. He can't dish out his damaged unless he gets severely camped (from R.O.B. especially) or if the character has the means to get him away (such as Mega Man).
Something tells me they might nerf the damage on nair or reduce the knockback on the Luigi Cyclone's final hit.

He already got nerfed from Brawl, I doubt he needs more... Pew pew!
To be honest, I am in the minority of thinking that Luigi in Brawl was kinda good.
Sure he didn't have a wavedash, but he at least had some setups and a pretty good recovery. The things that held back Luigi in that game were being out camped, disjointed hitboxes (notable examples like Marth and Meta Knight lost their range now), and the unholy chain grabs... something that massively plagued him.

I will agree that Melee Luigi is better, but I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Brawl Luigi. I like his gameplay a bit more, despite some glaring weaknesses he has.

Still, I think that 4 is the best Luigi has ever been. He's a lot more balanced and viable than before.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Luigi is definitely top tier imo. His framedata is insane, he got truecombos, but... he isn't really considered to be uber like shiek, since his recovery isn't all that good (in non custom plays atleast). He can be gimped, which is a weakness one has to consider.

Edit: Whoops, wrong quote...

BRAVELY DEFAULT in Micro-direct! hhurhpibbvropovnövn

Last edited:

nyanturtwig

Smash Cadet
NNID
nyanturtwig
3DS FC
0490-4718-5860
Even if he wasn't a good character I would still be playing him. I play Luigi because I just like him as a character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam

Smash Hero
Greetings, inferior character boards! The evil lucario empire is now discussing the luigi matchup in this thread. Come have fun discussing the lucario matchup with a band of villainous furries!

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
Greetings, inferior character boards! The evil lucario empire is now discussing the luigi matchup in this thread. Come have fun discussing the lucario matchup with a band of villainous furries!
bruh lucario gets bopped by luigi,,guaranteed kill combos of a grab???

Top Bottom