• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Liwi808

Smash Cadet
Yeah I felt bad for Logic too. But at the same time I felt great for Boss. So conflicted D:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I won a philly tourney on saturday with 27 players. Made my way through losers after losing in winners semis and reset the bracket to win GFs 6-0.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I won a philly tourney on saturday with 27 players. Made my way through losers after losing in winners semis and reset the bracket to win GFs 6-0.
Grats man! That's always a great feeling. The come back kid.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
*random appearance*

So was lurking youtube today, felt a familar and catchy tune. I remembered it, and I looked for it.

Best. Theme. Ever.

*disappears*

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
*random appearance*

So was lurking youtube today, felt a familar and catchy tune. I remembered it, and I looked for it.

Best. Theme. Ever.

*disappears*
Just reminds me how much Luigi could have had an electric ball custom....would probably be broken due to a presumed ZSS stun effect to up B...but idc!

D

Deleted member

Just reminds me how much Luigi could have had an electric ball custom....would probably be broken due to a presumed ZSS stun effect to up B...but idc!
I would have loved it if Luigi had a Thunderhand custom. I think he could charge it up for a while and the longer you charge it, the longer your opponent will be paralyzed and the more damage they receive. Though, I think a limitation they could have put on it is that the max range you get is equivalent to Robin's Nosferatu (one character size) so that it wouldn't be too broken.

On the topic of Luigi themes, I love his theme in Super Paper Mario, especially Brobot.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
*random appearance*

Best. Theme. Ever.

*disappears*
It kinda saddens me that Luigi is actuall pretty powerful on his own, but Smash refuses to show that much.
Would have loved a Mr. L costume, or a few thunder based custom moves.

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit afraid to ask this, but what do you think will come from the next balance patch?

I'm honestly a bit fearful since I don't want Luigi to get severely nerfed.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm a bit afraid to ask this, but what do you think will come from the next balance patch?

I agree, Luigi is perfect for me finally. Im really worried he's gonna hit a nerf. Hopefully Sakurai doesn't touch him at all. All it would take is a bit of down throw skewing...

Or maybe we'll get lucky and get brawl Luigi distance tornado recovery or an air speed increase [doubt it, Sakurai doesn't change things like those].

Maybe some damage increases back to his Brawl numbers would be realistic if we were lucky?

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
I've recently been training with Luigi in the Lab. Frankly put, I don't think he should be, or will be, nerfed. There are far more pressing issues in Diddy, and Sheik, then there is on Luigi.

That being said, I've only really discovered one True Combo so far thanks to my help from @ HeroMystic HeroMystic

Combo:

D-Throw > SH > F-Air > F-Air (36%)

Addition to Said Combo (Ends it being a True Combo)

D-Throw > SH > F-Air > F-Air > Land > D-Smash (43%)

D-Throw > SH > F-Air > F-Air > Land > Jab1 > Dash > Grab > D-Throw > SH > F - Air > F - Air (53%)

Considering how difficult these combos would be to pull off in mid tourney, let alone casual play, I couldn't see Weegee getting a nerfbomb. (This is just one of the Combo Line's I've discovered, I know there are plenty more)

That being said...I'm impressed, I didn't think I'd ever be having fun playing as Luigi.

Its Particularly fun to do the combo:

SH > U-Air > Grab > D-Throw > F-Air > Weegee Tornado (41-43%)

Though that's not a... True Combo hehe.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

At worst, you'll get a D-throw nerf of 1% damage. (6% to 5%)

I say that because hitstun is dependent on damage, meaning a nerf to damage means less hitstun, which means less combo set-ups (and I'm pretty sure that would make D-throw > Cyclone unreliable)

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about anything else. Nerfing his damage on anything but N-air would be dumb without making his air speed better, which they won't do.

D

Deleted member

I agree, Luigi is perfect for me finally. Im really worried he's gonna hit a nerf. Hopefully Sakurai doesn't touch him at all. All it would take is a bit of down throw skewing...

Or maybe we'll get lucky and get brawl Luigi distance tornado recovery or an air speed increase [doubt it, Sakurai doesn't change things like those].

Maybe some damage increases back to his Brawl numbers would be realistic if we were lucky?
I agree that Luigi is perfect as is. He feels like a very balanced character... and I hope his down throw doesn't get nerfed (I am slightly doubtful because it seems to be Sakurai's intention with Luigi).

I doubt Luigi will receive damage buffs. That will enable him to kill much earlier than before; the damage nerfs were done to complement his combo game with his down throw.

I wish Luigi would receive a slight increase in air speed. Just give me something that doesn't make him screwed against characters like Sonic and Little Mac.

At worst, you'll get a D-throw nerf of 1% damage. (6% to 5%)

I say that because hitstun is dependent on damage, meaning a nerf to damage means less hitstun, which means less combo set-ups (and I'm pretty sure that would make D-throw > Cyclone unreliable)

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about anything else. Nerfing his damage on anything but N-air would be dumb without making his air speed better, which they won't do.
I hope you're right about that.
When they announced the balance patch, I was mixed. I was happy because I thought that meant characters like Diddy Kong and Sheik will get nerfed (I honestly want this to happen so that the metagame isn't Diddy-centric). Then, I grew a bit worried because Luigi is seen as one of the best characters in the game and might receive attention from Sakurai; one bad nerf will ruin him (like Greninja).

I'm still going to main Luigi regardless (he is my favorite character), but I do worry that he might get hit.

TriTails

Smash Lord
N-air does not need nerfing. Hitting the clean one without D-throw is hard enough. And also... N-air was nerfed in damage from Brawl anyway (Unless they bring back its Brawl knockback, which they won't do (Why? Another Hoo Hah confirmed)).

I have my faith in Mr. Sakurai to be frank. If they change his D-throw, Luigi is screwed, and if they are on their right minds, they won't do that. And toning down his damage means less combos (As HeroMystic said), so I'm doubting if they are going to nerf him bad.

Wishing for:
- D-tilt has less end lag (Range? IDC! You can barely get anything out of it with that end lag)
- D-air can actually meteor reliably without D-throw (Maybe joke wish, but one can dream)
- U-smash angle tweak (Make it go less horizontally please)

But this is Mr. Sakurai we are talking about.

The 1.0.4 patch changes were unexpected. Surely we can say the same for this patch... except for Diddy's U-air.

But eh, I guess this Luigi is fine. Those wishes are only yours truly's dreams.

EDIT: Someone fill me with what is going on.
- New balance patch confirmed?
- Lucas DLC confirmed?
- Mewtwo is allowed at EVO while Lucas is not?

What da hell? How can this news run without stopping by my ears?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
EDIT: Someone fill me with what is going on.
- New balance patch confirmed?
- Lucas DLC confirmed?
- Mewtwo is allowed at EVO while Lucas is not?

What da hell? How can this news run without stopping by my ears?
Patch on April 15th confirmed.
Mewtwo released on the 15th (though who need to pay instead of getting it for free gets it on the 28th)
Lucas gets released in July.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Thanks. So, 2 DLC characters now?

Lucas, now THAT's wierd. Wasn't it Wolf that is the most wanted?

Pretty sure Wolf's fans are... not doing so well now, considering he is the most wanted veteran returning...

Oh, great. Did I just miss out an explosion coming from Wolf thread?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There's a ray of hope for them as Nintendo straight up stated they will making more DLC characters and people can nominate characters on their website for consideration.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes!

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
Ranked top 5 in SoCal now, goin all luigi. Many of My results haven't been uploaded to SB, but I've won tournaments and always get top 3 at every big tourney. Also 3-0d xzax in GF when he was Diddy

Feels good man!

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Thanks. So, 2 DLC characters now?

Lucas, now THAT's wierd. Wasn't it Wolf that is the most wanted?

Pretty sure Wolf's fans are... not doing so well now, considering he is the most wanted veteran returning...

Oh, great. Did I just miss out an explosion coming from Wolf thread?
Actually, we are more revitalized than ever, now that we know more characters could possibly show up. And with the fighter ballot active, we are practically sparing no expense into who we are voting for and hoping for the best. But just to clarify, I believe it was :4lucas: who was the most requested in Japan, followed very closely by :wolf:, which could mean very good news for us :wolf: fans. ....Assuming the Smash team are taking players' votes into consideration, that is.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Actually, we are more revitalized than ever, now that we know more characters could possibly show up. And with the fighter ballot active, we are practically sparing no expense into who we are voting for and hoping for the best. But just to clarify, I believe it was :4lucas: who was the most requested in Japan, followed very closely by :wolf:, which could mean very good news for us :wolf: fans. ....Assuming the Smash team are taking players' votes into consideration, that is.
Well, good news for ya! I wish you all luck! Me, I'm not planning to buy a DLC at all, but well, at least me's main already in the game! :4luigi:.

Wait, I recall a poll in this site that ask for the most requested DLC character... and I believe it's :wolf: who is the highest. Well, it's a safe bet that :wolf: has a very high chance on getting into Sm4sh!

But yeah, we don't know what are Nintendo planning, so I guess people can only just vote and hope for the best.

But personally, I think the most possible DLC is :wolf:, so yeah, only time will tell.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Whelp, since I got 3ds and wiiU, I pretty much get mewtu for free.

And the only character I'd pay for would be god damn Bomberman.

D

Deleted member

I will buy most if not all of the DLC characters and stages. I can't really complain with getting more content for Smash.

I got most of the characters I wanted (like Shulk and Robin) and a handful of veterans (all I need is Wolf), so I am good for the most part. I just want to see Bandana Dee and Bomberman be added, though the latter is pretty unlikely.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I will buy most if not all of the DLC characters and stages. I can't really complain with getting more content for Smash.

I got most of the characters I wanted (like Shulk and Robin) and a handful of veterans (all I need is Wolf), so I am good for the most part. I just want to see Bandana Dee and Bomberman be added, though the latter is pretty unlikely.
Well, they removed the waddle dee's from dedede's moveset... And he IS the creator of kirby and kid icarus too... The hope dies last!

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Imagine if the perfect pivot took over smash 4
*everyone turns around randomly over and over again"
Yeah not happening

D

Deleted member

Imagine if the perfect pivot took over smash 4
*everyone turns around randomly over and over again"
Yeah not happening
I honestly don't perfect pivot a lot; I only really do it with side smashes.
I can see it be used in the metagame; it's just that we haven't seen someone utilize it to its fullest potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm scared of perfect pivoting because I don't want to break my 3DS contol stick. :laugh:

:231:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So pretty much one day until the big patch! Stand strong fellow Luigis...for Luigi can't really get any better, due to being perfect for once in Smash Bros! Well, sides the less than desirable mash rate for cyclone. People are shouting for nerfs when he really needs none [or anymore buffs for that matter]. Don't touch him Sakurai!

Personally, I'm playing as much as possible just in case..i'm scared.

J.Miller

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J.Miller91
I won't lie to you guys, I'm fearful.
Luigi has been putting in a notable amount of work, and people crying for nerfs does get noted.
Look at Mac, he didn't do enough to warrant his recovery attempts becoming even worse yet they did.
I really want what most of you want, leave him alone.
No buffs, no nerfs, Luigi needs to be smart about how he gets in to do the damage.
Once he is in as long as we have the appropriate execution and DI follows up we show why we are scary...I really hope we do not get changed drastically if there is any changes at all.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I hope for buffs. But yeah, honestly, people are still crying out 'LUIGI'S COMBOS ARE OPEH!' or 'DERP! WEEGEE SHOULDN'T HAVE THOSE COMBOS!'. Like, seriously... how many times did they eat 50% off a single down throw? With proper DI, Luigi shouldn't be racking up to 50% off a single down throw (Unless it has something to do with D-air spike).

To be frank, right now I'm like, 'Oh? Patch coming out tommorow? OK guys, my body is ready'. Yeah, I doesn't sound too fearful at all, but I'm still a bit uneasy if they tweak his combos... a single wrong tweak can screw the poor plumber over to bottom tier.

But ya know... I'm pretty sure they're almost done with balancing... Yeah, we must toughen up for now, my friends. Like it or not, we must take that patch anyway, and now we can just pray for our plumber at least be left alone from nerfs, and instead get unchanged or even buffs! (Though, unlikely)

I'll take this patch. Even if they nerf Luigi, I'll still become his main... But I DO hope he's at least unchanged.

(Yeah, this is crazy, but I also want buffs... But I'll leave this to Nintendo...)

First thing to check: D-throw!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am incredibly nervous for this balance patch...
I just keep on thinking about Greninja. He was so good in the game initially and then he got very critical nerfs to the point where he isn't used as much anymore.

Luigi being top tier is what frightens me. I don't think Luigi needs nerfs as there is no reason for him to be nerfed. I am just scared because Luigi is incredibly balanced and this is the best that he is ever been; one significant nerf could take that away from him.

I am really hoping that Nintendo doesn't take into consideration the children who think he is overpowered when he really isn't. Once he gets in, he can put in work. However, it's still relatively easy to keep him away and some match-ups have his combos be less effective (I never go for down throw combos against Jigglypuff for example). I am just afraid that Nintendo might listen after when they nerfed Little Mac, a character who is pretty terrible in most regards.

We need to check everything we can as soon as possible. If Luigi loses utility in one of his moves, he will have massive trouble in the long-run...

I am not going to drop Luigi if he gets nerfed. He is my favorite video game character; I will adjust if I have to.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nice to know luigi is so much loved.

I won't drop him even if the only way to play him would be up b.
Hopefully, nothing will change on him.

Top Bottom