• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Starting my own online tournament next year! Woo! Going to play Luigi and WFT, wish me luck. :)

(this is a video for my tournament btw.)

Shoyo James

believe in the buge
Wow impressive! Another Luigi main shows up and churns out some results, I like it. Also, 3 stage spikes?!? I am looking forward to these videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlv1GGR-6c&index=7&list=PL-uY5O4SqwMUnY9Pk1lyzUYQuR5XyS7Ui
Here is the Winners Finals video, I land one taunt spike here (and a normal one :v)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcTfaKNTnU&index=6&list=PL-uY5O4SqwMUnY9Pk1lyzUYQuR5XyS7Ui
This is just semi finals or something, it's okay. (no spike there so w/e)
and the grand finals were not captured because the recorder (who was also my opponent) came upon an error like 10 seconds after he started recording, so it's no biggy. (even tho they were my best matches............. and another taunt spike.......) but I think the winners finals match is sufficient enough. I want to go back to the next tourney and wow them some more, so I'd greatly appreciate any critiques or something.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlv1GGR-6c&index=7&list=PL-uY5O4SqwMUnY9Pk1lyzUYQuR5XyS7Ui
Here is the Winners Finals video, I land one taunt spike here (and a normal one :v)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcTfaKNTnU&index=6&list=PL-uY5O4SqwMUnY9Pk1lyzUYQuR5XyS7Ui
and the grand finals were not captured because the recorder (who was also my opponent) came upon an error like 10 seconds after he started recording, so it's no biggy. (even tho they were my best matches............. and another taunt spike.......) but I think the winners finals match is sufficient enough. I want to go back to the next tourney and wow them some more, so I'd greatly appreciate any critiques or something.
You... wouldn't mind explaining me, how the hell you can use down B so good? It's pretty much the only thing I've never learned/accomplished with luigi, atleast not in that extreme like you did against sonic in the first match, after you used the missle below the stage. I can fly a bit high, but not nearly enough to rescue myself like you.
(Sorry if I sound a little noobish, but that's pretty much why I barely do any offstage stuff with luigi, and really no one could show/explain/teach it to me since brawl.)

Last edited:

Shoyo James

believe in the buge
You... wouldn't mind explaining me, how the hell you can use down B so good? It's pretty much the only thing I've never learned/accomplished with luigi, atleast not in that extreme like you did against sonic in the first match, after you used the missle below the stage. I can fly a bit high, but not nearly enough to rescue myself like you.
(Sorry if I sound a little noobish, but that's pretty much why I barely do any offstage stuff with luigi, and really no one could show/explain/teach it to me since brawl.)
Yeah it felt pretty bad compared to Brawl, but I got used to it. You have to mash a lot more to recover better with the tornado, and I usually do it at the exact start of my second jump. If I use the tornado for recovering, I just jump then tornado as fast as I can, mashing B the instant I can. If I have some time to recover and am just falling below the stage, I actually put my hand in a crab-claw like stance and use a weaker finger to tap x/y and use my main, strongest finger to bash B to get maximum height.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That's one fine Luigi. For those who want to see the awesome taunt spike, go to 3:48.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Yeah it felt pretty bad compared to Brawl, but I got used to it. You have to mash a lot more to recover better with the tornado, and I usually do it at the exact start of my second jump. If I use the tornado for recovering, I just jump then tornado as fast as I can, mashing B the instant I can. If I have some time to recover and am just falling below the stage, I actually put my hand in a crab-claw like stance and use a weaker finger to tap x/y and use my main, strongest finger to bash B to get maximum height.
Phew, I guess training it is then, thanks! Still got a bit time before my first smash tournament since brawl.
And the videos are quite awesome, your grabs are lightning fast!

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I played Luigi in a demo at the Source today on the Wii U...dang does he feel good there! Much more solid than the 3DS. I wish I had a Wii U to further develop his game :/

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I played Luigi in a demo at the Source today on the Wii U...dang does he feel good there! Much more solid than the 3DS. I wish I had a Wii U to further develop his game :/
I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I know I said I was making a Luigi guide, and it's still not here. But I've been busy, especially with Christmas and stuff. It's almost finished I think, however it just needs me to insert the pictures. There are some sections I haven't done yet that I may leave out even when I publsih them, and I'll add them in an update.

TL;DR Luigi guide just needs me to add pics. Missing sections to be added at later date. Writing can be tough work.

Professor Oats

Smash Cadet
NNID
Professor_Oats
Hey folks! Casual smasher until Smash 4, and now I'm trying to devour all the information I can. From South Florida, okay but not good just yet. I actually main Yoshi, but I feel Luigi covers some of Yoshi's bad matchups, so I'm learning him, and loving how easily he racks up damage. My Luigi isn't the greatest at killing early, but work in progress. I'll be lurking for the most part.

Just saying hello, look forward to learning from you guys, and maybe I can join some sparring sessions once I get back to my WiiU (I only have 3DS for about a month).

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Hey folks! Casual smasher until Smash 4, and now I'm trying to devour all the information I can. From South Florida, okay but not good just yet. I actually main Yoshi, but I feel Luigi covers some of Yoshi's bad matchups, so I'm learning him, and loving how easily he racks up damage. My Luigi isn't the greatest at killing early, but work in progress. I'll be lurking for the most part.

Just saying hello, look forward to learning from you guys, and maybe I can join some sparring sessions once I get back to my WiiU (I only have 3DS for about a month).
Glad you like Luigi!

I might put my Luigi guide up tomorrow, perhaps there's some delicious information in it for you to feast on :3
Until I update it in the future, It will lack pictures and be missing two sections, but there's some information I've put in for every one of his moves. Anyway, I hope you like it when I put it up, my aim with the guide is to help as many Luigi players as possible <3

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Glad you like Luigi!

I might put my Luigi guide up tomorrow, perhaps there's some delicious information in it for you to feast on :3
Until I update it in the future, It will lack pictures and be missing two sections, but there's some information I've put in for every one of his moves. Anyway, I hope you like it when I put it up, my aim with the guide is to help as many Luigi players as possible <3
Take your time. I know how much power it takes to make a guide or a walkthrough.
I'll quote the wise Myamoto:

DJT3tris

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8052-8363
Hey guys I am a new Luigi main that is trying to get into the competitive scene a bit and I have been working on my approaches but can only effectively use the fireball dash. If you more seasoned players could give me some advice on approaches I would really appreciate it!

Cheers

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hm... you may know already everything that is written here, but you should still read GreenFlame 's guide: http://smashboards.com/guides/super-luigi-guide.153/

Approaching... I almost ever approach via tornado, if I can throw myself of the edge with it, so I don't get punished instantly, fireball dash/grab takes a little training, but tips for achiving... sorry, got nothing.^^

TriTails

Smash Lord
Be unpredictable is how you approach.
Fireball + dash grab. At the time your opponent reads this, punish their rolls/spotdodges with a running Cyclone. Or the other ways are SHFF B-airs or F-airs, maybe even Green Missile!

Or you could do the 'punish to approach' thing. Basically you wait for them to mess up by doing unpredictable things, then when they mess up, capitalize it with Luigi's amazing punish game!

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Or you could do the 'punish to approach' thing. Basically you wait for them to mess up by doing unpredictable things, then when they mess up, capitalize it with Luigi's amazing punish game!
This is how I approach a lot. You wait for the opponent to make the first move, and react accordingly.

Last edited:

USPY.3620

Smash Cadet
Hey all,

Brand new Luigi Main here in smash 4 - just got a wii u + smash a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to meeting you all and speaking with you on forums! Any recommendations on where to go as far as learning/studying/training luigi?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Hey all,

Brand new Luigi Main here in smash 4 - just got a wii u + smash a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to meeting you all and speaking with you on forums! Any recommendations on where to go as far as learning/studying/training luigi?
Hey, a new Luigi main!

Well I don't mean to advertise, but I have a guide in the Luigi guides category, and there are other guides there as well, I recommend checking some of them out. There's Drybones08's guide available, which is very useful as well. And my guide is mostly for beginners, it has combos and information on moves and all that - unfortunately it doesn't have the section for Luigi strategy yet, because I've not had time to write it yet, but it will be coming to my guide. It probably sounds like I'm advertising my own guide, but I'm trying to make a genuine recommendation to be helpful, so hopefully I don't sound like I'm advertising :).

If you want videos of a competitive Luigi player to study, I recommend looking up some videos of Boss. He's really good at Luigi!

In addition, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Luigi Q&A thread here on the Luigi boards.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hm...I'd love to see another mario&luigi game, those fake"leaks" are making me want games I didn't even knew I want.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hm...I'd love to see another mario&luigi game, those fake"leaks" are making me want games I didn't even knew I want.
I just wanted Fawful as a replacement for Mr. Resetti AT :/

But yeah, Luigi should have some thunder or Hammer swing as an F Smash [think of the power and range!]...never gonna happen though.

Professor Oats

Smash Cadet
NNID
Professor_Oats
If you want videos of a competitive Luigi player to study, I recommend looking up some videos of Boss. He's really good at Luigi!
False's Luigi is getting pretty nuts too, another good person to reference.

Also, I finally read your guide, good stuff, looking forward to seeing it completed. For the combo section, jab into down tilt and down tilt into jab as pieces of combos are some things Boss messes with, might be good to add to the jab/down-tilt bit. Also, fastfallers you can down throw up tilt at early percents and then jab-grab or whatever, found that out yesterday when my standard Weegee cheese messed up on a Falcon.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Today should be a Luigi celebration day as a Luigi won at BEAST 5 yesterday. He beat 2 Diddys and reset the bracket against a Sheik!

D

Deleted member

Today should be a Luigi celebration day as a Luigi won at BEAST 5 yesterday. He beat 2 Diddys and reset the bracket against a Sheik!
I really want to see these battles because I want to see how that Luigi did against the Diddy Kongs and Sheik.
Year of Luigi: 2013-Forever

I thought this character wasn't that good because of all the negative things going around him

Then d-throw happened. Then I picked him up

Hi guys (and @FalKoopa and @ LordTakeo LordTakeo and @XenoBrawler610 ) :3

Gonna lurk here from time to time. Using Shulk with Luigi, and Robin

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I thought this character wasn't that good because of all the negative things going around him

Dear god, there must be something in the air, that shulk and luigi are going along so good.
Also, welcome.We haunt ghosts, and occasionally get more money than our brother.

D

Deleted member

Hello! Welcome to the Luigi boards!

Dear god, there must be something in the air, that shulk and luigi are going along so good.
Also, welcome.We haunt ghosts, and occasionally get more money than our brother.
Don't we always get more money than Mario? I mean, by the end of Luigi's Mansion, you can have a mansion that is worth over one million dollars.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I just wanted Fawful as a replacement for Mr. Resetti AT :/

But yeah, Luigi should have some thunder or Hammer swing as an F Smash [think of the power and range!]...never gonna happen though.
I actually dislike Thunderhand. No, I'm lovin' it in SS, but if it were to replace his Fireball, I would be like 'Maaaannnnnn.....'. Dunno why, I just prefer Fireball over the Thunder.

And..... waiting for new Mario & Luigi. Dream Team was awesome, and I'd like to have another one as well.

Well, who wouldn't like a game that involves Luigi turning giant and then start beating up anyone who stands at his path :grin:?

And welcome!

I think we sucked in more than just a million alone... I think.
Our FIVE mansions in the Evershade Valley gives us practically unlimited gold.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think we sucked in more than just a million alone... I think.
186,440,000G in the PAL version, to be exact. So 186 million? And he doesn't invest in better shoes? I wonder what he blows it on. Maybe the year of Luigi took a lot of funding out of his own pocket :p

Speaking of Luigi's mansion PAL version, wouldn't riding on the vacuum be a cool dash?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
186,440,000G in the PAL version, to be exact. So 186 million? And he doesn't invest in better shoes? I wonder what he blows it on. Maybe the year of Luigi took a lot of funding out of his own pocket :p

Speaking of Luigi's mansion PAL version, wouldn't riding on the vacuum be a cool dash?
Nothing is better than the hilarious dash we already got.

J.Miller

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J.Miller91
So...it looks like I can attend APEX 2015 due to helpful efforts of multiple people.
I wanna actually play you guys this year I did not the best of jobs in asking for games last year so want to make it right this year.

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
Got 2nd at a local w/ 50 ppl

http://challonge.com/COTUIVWiius/standings

Going to final battle tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to beat campy Rosalumas? I forgot what I did to beat dabuz consistently. I know dthrow -> downb/upb works. but regarding being underneath her offstage when recovering is stuff i need input on.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I'm going to apex. ok peace out

Last edited:
Top Bottom