• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's perfect pivot is 5.5

Will this enhance Luigi's game?

• Total voters

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
What is a perfect pivot?

It's basically a semi-wavedash!

Best thing: Luigi has the 2nd longest perfect pivot (shared with Little Mac). Captain Falcon has the longest with 6.

Will this enhance Luigi's playstyle?

Last edited:

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
PPing into up B or fsmash seems really potent. There have been many times where I was *just* out of reach of a punish. Punishing OoS would also be very nice too, since Luigi always gets knocked way back.

I don't see how this wouldn't improve every character, but considering Luigi has KOs starting from ~60% at his disposal, I think I might spend some time learning this.

busken

Smash Ace
I think this great as it helps Luigi's approach game which is not his strongest suit. By setting the c-stick to tilts and utilizing zaw dancing we can space out our moves without being in range for punish. The best ways to utilize this is by using uptilt. Uptilt actually lets Luigi continue the sliding animation allowing us to get in a combo/juggle opportunity.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Perfect pivot into reverse d-smash/u-smash is...really awesome. Perfect after fair juggles at low percents.

I have a hard time ppivoting forward into turnaround still :(

Shoyo James

believe in the buge
Perfect pivoting after shielding any attacks is great because it actually puts you back at range to punish them because Luigi's slippery-ness pushes him so far back.

Top Bottom