• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Luigi's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro !=

Smash Cadet
Great stuff. Luigi is kinda hard to put offense/defense/speed/recovery/difficulty bars on since he varies so wildly in different aspects of the game.

He has horrible approaches, but when he gets in he hits hard. He can't wall fast characters out well, but slow characters are lucky to get a hit. He can't be combed, but he's easy to juggle. His frame data is incredibly fast, but he's got the worst overall airspeed in the cast and his ground speed is meh. His recovery is amazing, but only if no one edge guards you. He's easy to pick up and is definitely the best pocket character in the game, but he's almost impossible to solo main him at high level.

Never change Luigi :3

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
His recovery is ungimpable if you have Mario Party mashing skills tbh. Just save your double jump and do rising Cyclone and your recovery problems disappear.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
His recovery is ungimpable if you have Mario Party mashing skills tbh. Just save your double jump and do rising Cyclone and your recovery problems disappear.
My bowling ball says he IS gimpable =).

He can clank out the bowling ball with upb though.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I would much rather recover high and eat an Up-air instead of getting a skull crack by a bowling ball and dying at like 30%.

Also, nice to have this page. I think his defense needs to be lower because while his walling abilities may be above average (Fireballs and SH F-airs), he has kinda short range and gets juggled easily. In his favor though, F3 N-air.

I also think his speed needs to be higher because no Luigis use the air for mobility but maybe that just me. Dat Perfect Pivoting tho.

BTW Aerodrome, surprised the at the difficulty level and sytle. I was seriously thinking the diff would be 1/10 and Down Throw sytle :p.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
BTW Aerodrome, surprised the at the difficulty level and sytle. I was seriously thinking the diff would be 1/10 and Down Throw sytle :p.
I honestly scoffed at "half-grappler" and was like "who are they kidding? with this new D-tilt, he's a full-grappler!" :p

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd decrease his defense stat and up his speed stat a hair. I like it though.

TriTails

Smash Lord
luigi hardly gets juggles since he can nair out of attacks lol
Yes?

So I press N-air and stick my leg out. Then I fastfall down... and, uh, what exactly?

N-air isn't useful on bypassing things like Rosa's, Link's, Marth's, Ike's, etc U-airs. There are a ton of good reaching U-airs, a lot of them are disjointed, etc... No amount of N-air is gonna help against that unless you manage to surprise them or something.

I honestly scoffed at "half-grappler" and was like "who are they kidding? with this new D-tilt, he's a full-grappler!" :p
Actually, no. Pre-patch: U-tilt > D-tilt. With his new D-tilt (Which is barely reliable anyway. Prepatch it was at least decent but now it's garbage), U-tilt is his best tilt so far. It combos to everything.

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I'm saying that because of his new D-tilt, I can't do a lot of my old set-ups. I used Down tilt a lot to set up RAR back airs. There's no question that Up tilt is the best, but I enjoyed not having a practically useless tilt.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I'm saying that because of his new D-tilt, I can't do a lot of my old set-ups. I used Down tilt a lot to set up RAR back airs. There's no question that Up tilt is the best, but I enjoyed not having a practically useless tilt.
Same. I've used to at least get a F-air outta a D-tilt. It can even airdodge bait for a hard punish and snyc them out of their game. Now... now... it's even worse than dash attack.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Same. I've used to at least get a F-air outta a D-tilt. It can even airdodge bait for a hard punish and snyc them out of their game. Now... now... it's even worse than dash attack.
Yeah, it was honestly something I never thought would change. I suppose that was their way of changing him without taking away the playstyle by messing with his perfect weight independent Down throw.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
i'll check later but i'm still convinced that dthrow is slower on heavy characters

edit: please stop talking about dtilt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom