• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Vs Rosalina

Donyoku

Greed
This is the start of the gathering of general opinion and discussion on Luigi's Match-up against Rosalina. There will be rules to the thread of course but, not all the strict more like guidelines if you will.
Rules (Guidelines)
  1. Post your opinion on the match-up (ie 50-50, 55-45, 60-40)
  2. Provide a case for your reasoning (personal experience, videos, zone control etc)
  3. Can post more than once in response to others opinions (no bashing)
  4. Try to keep everything factual in nature but of course everyone's opinion is welcome.
Once everyone feels we have a good idea of where the match-up stands at the moment I will add it to the directory for the future and changes can/will be made accordingly.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
This is a pretty annoying matchup for Luigi. By "your opinion on the matchup", you mean odds right? If so I'd say this about 15-85, in Rosalina's favour. Just my opinion.

From personal experience of fighting Rosalinas as Luigi, I'd say there just isn't much Luigi can do to approach or juggle or anything.

When you try to approach, Rosalina has got amazingly low start-up powerful attacks to stop you in your tracks. If you try and play defensive, she has her dash-grab. And once she starts juggling you, it can be pretty hard to get out of, and then you start getting huge damage racked up on you.

If you try and land a grab on her, good luck. Her grab outranges Luigi's, and to get into grab range anyway you have to get in between Luma and Rosalina, where Rosalina can just attack you anyway. And even when you DO land the grab, Rosalina is very light and falls pretty slowly, so she goes far too high up to juggle her at all, and she has her disjointed down aerial and other aerial attacks to stop you.

And like I said before, Master Hand help you if Rosalina gets you in the air. Her up air has incredible juggling capabilty and is disjointed, so you aren't coming back down anytime soon.

Not to mention Luma itself. It's like one huge disjointed hitbox for Rosalina. She doesn't care if you take out her Luma. Aside from the obvious power Rosalina's attacks have even without Luma plus the fact that Luma only needs eight seconds to automatically respawn, it's doesn't matter to her very much at all if you knock out the Luma.

All in all, Rosalina simply outranges Luigi. He can't land a hit because of her huge range attacks and grab + Luma, and she can juggle him as she pleases. Anybody else with opinions?

jester860

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-1146-4069
In my experience i feel that it's 10-90 to Rosalina. This is from fighting her to many times. She totally out-ranges luigi, and luigi can't juggle her at all. I have yet to win this match up as luigi.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yikes, people here are saying Luigi's odds against Rosalina are worse than against Meta Knight in Brawl? [His worst matchup]. I wouldn't say Rosalina is like 90-10 here favor or anything. I'm more inclined to say that while this is a nasty matchup for him [along with Sheik, Mac, ZSS], I would say 65-35 Rosalina. That would probably be Luigi's worst matchup along with Sheik. I just don't feel like anyone shuts out Luigi as hard as MK once did [which was truly a 85-15 matchup. Luigi could do nothing but kill early]

Fireballs are essentially useless thanks to Luma, Rosalina will control the whole stage basically with Luma too. This makes it hard for Luigi to get in. Tornado of course is still a helpful tool for getting an approach in. I'm not 100% sure how effective it was against Luma again, but it has fairly good priority against it. Luigi does have some strengths once he does happen [if ever] gets in though, Rosalina is big and light, making her optimum for combo landing and getting early kills on. Almost as if Luigi's nerfed KO power feels closer to home in Brawl [At least it feels like it with Up B]. She outspeeds Luigi in the air though so although it's easier than most to start off combos on her, following her into the air is a chore. If you do happen to kill the Luma though, keep the pressure on her as much as possible, that will be your window to approaching her until she makes a new one [which is quick, but she can't do it until Luigi is far enough away from her.] She'll try to do this by means of starbits, most likely. Also she can be gimped fairly easily by dair spike. She's vulnerable to uppercuts if she does not get far enough away from Luigi when she uses Up B off stage too. Try baiting her to use it in an ideal spot.

Overall, it's not as hopeless as others may feel I believe since of the damage racking Luigi can do to her and even more so if he kills Luma, along with a fairly exploitable recovery and the damage down throw can start up [but can't really follow through]. Also Luigi does kill slightly earlier. But yes, he is severely outranged and outsped, two nasty factors against him. It's uphill, but winnable if you put your big bulbous nose to the grindstone! [Unlike say...Meta Knight in Brawl. Seriously, Luigi was like the worst character in game against him there]

Verdict: 70-30 Rosalina.

Last edited:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Yikes, people here are saying Luigi's odds against Rosalina are worse than against Meta Knight in Brawl? [His worst matchup]. I wouldn't say Rosalina is like 90-10 here favor or anything.
Because Rosa is the best in the game and luigi is bottom 5

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Because Rosa is the best in the game and luigi is bottom 5
Thank you for explaining why Rosalina is the best and Luigi is bottom 5. Once again I am enlightened by your insight (or you're just trolling at this point).

Oh, and just because they are bottom 5 against top 5 doesn't mean an auto 90-10. Luigi was better than Bowser in Brawl, but had a way worse matchup against MK.

I swear if I see one more post with "Luigi worst trololol" without evidence....

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
As much as I hate it, Luigi is indeed at a severe disadvantage against Rosa. Only advantage he gets is Rosa's big size, but pretty much everything else is bad. She's light, which is both a pro and a con (easier to kill but harder to combo, but when you think about the fact that Luigi needs to COMBO in order to KILL......), has bigger grab range, has more range in general for 90% of attacks, has better recovery, better projectile, Luma support and more. There's not that much more to say. :p

I've won against some newb/under-average Rosalinas with my Luigi but I don't think I could handle a very skilled one well.

I'd give it 80-20 in Rosalina's favour if I really stretch it for Luigi. I'm not arguing at all with the ones who claim it's 90-10 because they might as well be right...

Kajom

Smash Rookie
If player skill level is the same, I'd say 90-10 is about right… Definitely the most hopeless I've felt in a match-up so far. One match I could barely land a hit. Luigi's quickness is negated by inferior range and Luma's strong defense in this one.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I think the first two members may be overexaggerating about the matchup. It's bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not as bad as you two are saying. Rosalina has the range, she has stage control, and it's really difficult to close in on her, and being the close quarters character that we are, that is really not a good thing. Fireballs are essentially useless in this matchup because of her down b and her pesky luma being her bodyguard. So baiting out shields with fireballs is a meaningless tactic unless you find the right opportunity. If you try to bait out her down b to take the fireball, it won't work because that fireball surrounds her for a short time, making approaching pointless.This means that our approach is limited to down b and running in, where the former is very easy to punish, especially with the range that rosalina has.It's hard to juggle her as well considering how light she is and the fact her air mobility is pretty good. Luma being able to hit from a distance gives us trouble while we're recovering, and on stage when we're trying to approach. I also find that her uair and usmash kill us a lot earlier than most chars, which is very annoying.

However, once you get the two separated, GO FOR LUMA FIRST. Trust me this is a good decision, because once luma is off the field, rosalina loses all the range and tricks she had and has to rely on her slow speed to get a good solid hit and approach. The luma is gone for about 8 seconds, which should give you enough time to rack up damage and/or go for a kill. These 8 seconds are crucial to dish out as much as you can on her. If luma is there and you get a grab, don't always go for the dthrow approach, because luma can punish you after you've completed the throw, making follow ups hard. Go for a pummel or a back throw so that luma gets hit in the process. This way, you are able to get some damage and possibly get her offstage. Down throw is good if luma is farther away/dead. Our attacks also kill her earlier, so if you get a nice read, a bair or an upsmash will get the job done; a good up b read is also great because of how early it kills and how easy it is to hit rosa's fatass with it. Gimping her recovery is tough, though, but it can be done by going for a dair spike while she is rising (she'll mostly rise in a curve to throw you off).

I also want to point out that since custom moves are legal in some tournies, she most likely will use the teleporting luma custom, making her already good range even better as she can basically teleport the luma to a spot where you will be and punish with a smash or aerials. However, our custom 2 down b (mach cyclone) kills luma extremely early if you manage to hit it with the final hit of the custom cyclone, which makes it very easy to go after rosalina. However this also takes away the regular down b approach, which might make it tougher to get in. But recovery is ten times easier this way. Luigi's custom 3 side b (quick missle) makes his recovery phenomenal, and its a lot harder to punish him when hes sliding on stage so fast, especially with rosalina, who has a pretty slow ground game. I'd recommend using this down b and side b for this matchup (if your tourny allows custom moves). Bouncing fireball (neutral b custom 2) seems to be a better option too as it allows for a good edgeguard mixup (throw fireball as she's recovering, and finish with a dair), as well as a good offstage mixup in general, especially when regular fireballs are nothing to rosalina. It can also serve to hit rosalina while avoiding luma as it falls in an arc.

I don't know, I still think ZSS is a harder matchup. I can agree on 65-35 or 70-30 Rosa

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
70-30 for Rose.

No shame in losing against her cuz she's clearly a cut above the rest but she can be beaten if you play your cards right.

Best thing to do is avoid luma if they launch it at you and maybe poke it with a few moves during the moment to give you 8 seconds to whoop Rosa, pressure her with fire balls to prevent that annoying dash attack if she starts using her down b anticipate it and fire another fire ball but instead run with that fire ball and go for a grab.

you know what to do out off these grabs cuz its Luigi, she's light so don't expect amazing results fast i can only string down throw to uair before she leaves my range, taking it slow is the best for luigi. Also due to her light weight she dies easily to up smash.

others have already said this and that about range issues so i'll stop my post here.

A decent Rosa could most likely fight toe to toe with a pro Luigi due to how much advantages she has over him.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think the first two members may be overexaggerating about the matchup. It's bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not as bad as you two are saying. Rosalina has the range, she has stage control, and it's really difficult to close in on her, and being the close quarters character that we are, that is really not a good thing. Fireballs are essentially useless in this matchup because of her down b and her pesky luma being her bodyguard. So baiting out shields with fireballs is a meaningless tactic unless you find the right opportunity. If you try to bait out her down b to take the fireball, it won't work because that fireball surrounds her for a short time, making approaching pointless.This means that our approach is limited to down b and running in, where the former is very easy to punish, especially with the range that rosalina has.It's hard to juggle her as well considering how light she is and the fact her air mobility is pretty good. Luma being able to hit from a distance gives us trouble while we're recovering, and on stage when we're trying to approach. I also find that her uair and usmash kill us a lot earlier than most chars, which is very annoying.

However, once you get the two separated, GO FOR LUMA FIRST. Trust me this is a good decision, because once luma is off the field, rosalina loses all the range and tricks she had and has to rely on her slow speed to get a good solid hit and approach. The luma is gone for about 8 seconds, which should give you enough time to rack up damage and/or go for a kill. These 8 seconds are crucial to dish out as much as you can on her. If luma is there and you get a grab, don't always go for the dthrow approach, because luma can punish you after you've completed the throw, making follow ups hard. Go for a pummel or a back throw so that luma gets hit in the process. This way, you are able to get some damage and possibly get her offstage. Down throw is good if luma is farther away/dead. Our attacks also kill her earlier, so if you get a nice read, a bair or an upsmash will get the job done; a good up b read is also great because of how early it kills and how easy it is to hit rosa's fatass with it. Gimping her recovery is tough, though, but it can be done by going for a dair spike while she is rising (she'll mostly rise in a curve to throw you off).

I also want to point out that since custom moves are legal in some tournies, she most likely will use the teleporting luma custom, making her already good range even better as she can basically teleport the luma to a spot where you will be and punish with a smash or aerials. However, our custom down b (the one where it makes him rise a ton but has no ground mobility) kills luma extremely early if you manage to hit it with the final hit of the custom cyclone, which makes it very easy to go after rosalina. However this also takes away the regular down b approach, which might make it tougher to get in. But recovery is ten times easier this way. Luigi's custom side b makes his recovery phenomenal, and its a lot harder to punish him when hes sliding on stage so fast, especially with rosalina, who has a pretty slow ground game. I'd recommend using this down b and side b for this matchup (if your tourny allows custom moves). Bouncing fireball seems to be a better option too as it allows for a good edgeguard mixup (throw fireball as she's recovering, and finish with a dair), as well as a good offstage mixup in general, especially when regular fireballs are nothing to rosalina.

I don't know, I still think ZSS is a harder matchup. I can agree on 65-35 or 70-30 Rosa

I think this has been the match up post, both info and ratio wise. 70-30 sounds right [I just don't feel that Rosalina shuts out Luigi worse than MK ever did].

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005

I also want to point out that since custom moves are legal in some tournies, she most likely will use the teleporting luma custom, making her already good range even better as she can basically teleport the luma to a spot where you will be and punish with a smash or aerials. However, our custom down b (the one where it makes him rise a ton but has no ground mobility) kills luma extremely early if you manage to hit it with the final hit of the custom cyclone, which makes it very easy to go after rosalina. However this also takes away the regular down b approach, which might make it tougher to get in. But recovery is ten times easier this way. Luigi's custom side b makes his recovery phenomenal, and its a lot harder to punish him when hes sliding on stage so fast, especially with rosalina, who has a pretty slow ground game. I'd recommend using this down b and side b for this matchup (if your tourny allows custom moves). Bouncing fireball seems to be a better option too as it allows for a good edgeguard mixup (throw fireball as she's recovering, and finish with a dair), as well as a good offstage mixup in general, especially when regular fireballs are nothing to rosalina.

The dash attack and dash grab alone are one of the biggest problems for Luigi. It IS MUCH easier to get a hit on her while Luma is gone but it's actually still pretty freakin' difficult to rack up damage on her because of how both of her dash options completely outrange and even outspeed Luigi's attacks. There's no such thing as approaching from the air against her unless she's vulnerable (e.g recovering), so really the only option you've got is cyclone while Luma's gone (which she can shield and punish fairly easily anyway).

So even while Luma's gone, Rosalina is at less of an advantage, but she is still at an advantage. It can be difficult to even take one stock, unless you try and edgeguard, and to do that you need to have racked up a fair amount of damage on her to get her off the stage while she may be able to get you to near kill percent in that time.

I agree with most of your post, but we can't pretend Luigi has all these options against a character that has the same options but with much more range, power and potential against our character. At the end of the day, a win isn't impossible, but it's highly improbable because the Rosalina player flat-out has a moveset that counters Luigi's moveset to take advantage of against Luigi.

EDIT: Also, Rosalina seems to be the OP character of this game. Nowhere near as bad as Meta Knight, but just a bit OP compared to the rest of the cast. She is likely number 1 one the tier list.

Last edited:

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
The dash attack and dash grab alone are one of the biggest problems for Luigi. It IS MUCH easier to get a hit on her while Luma is gone but it's actually still pretty freakin' difficult to rack up damage on her because of how both of her dash options completely outrange and even outspeed Luigi's attacks. There's no such thing as approaching from the air against her unless she's vulnerable (e.g recovering), so really the only option you've got is cyclone while Luma's gone (which she can shield and punish fairly easily anyway).

So even while Luma's gone, Rosalina is at less of an advantage, but she is still at an advantage. It can be difficult to even take one stock, unless you try and edgeguard, and to do that you need to have racked up a fair amount of damage on her to get her off the stage while she may be able to get you to near kill percent in that time.

I agree with most of your post, but we can't pretend Luigi has all these options against a character that has the same options but with much more range, power and potential against our character. At the end of the day, a win isn't impossible, but it's highly improbable because the Rosalina player flat-out has a moveset that counters Luigi's moveset to take advantage of against Luigi.

EDIT: Also, Rosalina seems to be the OP character of this game. Nowhere near as bad as Meta Knight, but just a bit OP compared to the rest of the cast. She is likely number 1 one the tier list.
Yeah her dash attack covers a lot, especially when she absorbs the fireball, which is why you need to be able to space and position yourself better. And yes approaching from the air is fruitless most of the time. I never said the matchup is easy, but it's definitely doable, it just takes A LOT of mental patience and reads, considering how limited we are against her. She is easier when luma is out of the field but I can agree that she can still give Luigi trouble.

I dont think she's OP, but she's definitely top 3 in my books. ZSS seems to be that OP character, though considering how many options she has as well as a fast aerial and ground speed.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ironically, while GreenFlame says Rosalina is #1, and Vaporeon says ZSS is #1, I say Sheik is #1. Hmm...:p

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Yeah her dash attack covers a lot, especially when she absorbs the fireball, which is why you need to be able to space and position yourself better. And yes approaching from the air is fruitless most of the time. I never said the matchup is easy, but it's definitely doable, it just takes A LOT of mental patience and reads, considering how limited we are against her. She is easier when luma is out of the field but I can agree that she can still give Luigi trouble.

I dont think she's OP, but she's definitely top 3 in my books. ZSS seems to be that OP character, though considering how many options she has as well as a fast aerial and ground speed.
It could be true that I'm not good enough at reads yet, so maybe the matchup isn't as bad as it seems to someone who can pull off reads. But yeah, this definitely isn't one of Luigi's best matchups at all. She counters him in several aspects.

Ironically, while GreenFlame says Rosalina is #1, and Vaporeon says ZSS is #1, I say Sheik is #1. Hmm...:p
(I think technically that's not irony but I'm not sure. Whatever xD) I don't really find ZSS to be very OP. She can juggle pretty good, but her set-up options start getting predictable once she does it once or twice, and then you can punish pretty easily. The only way to have a good ZSS is to mix up options, and if the ZSS doesn't do that then their set-up can be predicted.

Does Rosalina really have any trade-offs for her incredible range, power, disjointed hitboxes, and juggling capability? She still keeps an advantage over a lot of characters, without much weakness that you can consider adequate to balance her out.

As for Sheik, she's definitely mid or high tier in this game, if not top tier. But she's not really as OP. Her game is centered around constant pressure on the opponent, and any character who can out-pressure her or negate that pressure can be a problem for her. But yeah, she does have pretty even matchups with the majority of the cast, with very few particularly bad matchups. I still wouldn't really consider her OP though, as she's fairly balanced.

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
I don't know how much we are considering customs (they have been legal at almost every tournament) but with fireball 2 the matchup becomes much more bearable. The bounce on Luigi's fireball 2 is very unique. The way it starts makes it very easy to space over luma.

Last edited:

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
It could be true that I'm not good enough at reads yet, so maybe the matchup isn't as bad as it seems to someone who can pull off reads. But yeah, this definitely isn't one of Luigi's best matchups at all. She counters him in several aspects.

(I think technically that's not irony but I'm not sure. Whatever xD) I don't really find ZSS to be very OP. She can juggle pretty good, but her set-up options start getting predictable once she does it once or twice, and then you can punish pretty easily. The only way to have a good ZSS is to mix up options, and if the ZSS doesn't do that then their set-up can be predicted.
Well mixing up your options is good for any character, right? Even if your character is the best there is, if you don't mix it up and do the same thing over and over, you're going to get punished and read pretty easily.

Also, ZSS has many good mixups that she can utilize. Combine that with great mobility, projectile game, and range, she's one of the best, if not the best, character in the game.

Donyoku

Greed
Guys I'm loving the conversation. It seems general opinion is this matchup is looking like 70-30 Rosa favor? Thats the average from what people who actually provided reasons and experience taken into account. By some peoples opinion that matchup average is still gracious for Luigi. I personally can't speak on the matchup to much as I haven't played it but, I do feel like this matchup isn't just bad for Luigi but for a majority of the cast. Plus the game is still early and WiiU Version is around the corner where GCC will be back in our hands for better testing. I think as we (hopefully) find AT's for Luigi on the WiiU the matchup may become better, not really sure. Just a positive thought.

Also if you didn't add a ratio please do, I would really appreciate it for data purposes.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Guys I'm loving the conversation. It seems general opinion is this matchup is looking like 70-30 Rosa favor? Thats the average from what people who actually provided reasons and experience taken into account. By some peoples opinion that matchup average is still gracious for Luigi. I personally can't speak on the matchup to much as I haven't played it but, I do feel like this matchup isn't just bad for Luigi but for a majority of the cast. Plus the game is still early and WiiU Version is around the corner where GCC will be back in our hands for better testing. I think as we (hopefully) find AT's for Luigi on the WiiU the matchup may become better, not really sure. Just a positive thought.

Also if you didn't add a ratio please do, I would really appreciate it for data purposes.
I think this is fair. Personally ratios like 80:20 and 90:10 are a bit outlandish, considering not even MK was that bad. I feel this matchup will only get better in time as we learn to fight Rosalina better. By that I mean 65:35 at the very best lol.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
With no customs this match up imo is 55-45.

She isn't too hard to get into and her aerials are slow. I feel that by running in you are making it easier to get hit by her aerials. Her weight makes it possible to do some jab follow ups.

Also considering luma it appears that if luma is hit off stage it dies. I could be wrong on this. I just remember that I did this once.
Our strengths in this match up are the cyclone and being up close. I think her recovery can be countered with ledge stealing.

Donyoku

Greed
With no customs this match up imo is 55-45.

She isn't too hard to get into and her aerials are slow. I feel that by running in you are making it easier to get hit by her aerials. Her weight makes it possible to do some jab follow ups.

Also considering luma it appears that if luma is hit off stage it dies. I could be wrong on this. I just remember that I did this once.
Our strengths in this match up are the cyclone and being up close. I think her recovery can be countered with ledge stealing.
That is the closest match-up ratio at the moment by a long shot. It went from being -2 or -3 to a slight disadvantage. I would like to believe that ratio but of course would need a little more data to make that argument. But maybe you've been playing the matchup differently than others, because apparently most Luigi players have been losing the matchup across the boards. I want to see if anyone agrees with your ratio, I for one would love for it to be 55-45.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
That is the closest match-up ratio at the moment by a long shot. It went from being -2 or -3 to a slight disadvantage. I would like to believe that ratio but of course would need a little more data to make that argument. But maybe you've been playing the matchup differently than others, because apparently most Luigi players have been losing the matchup across the boards. I want to see if anyone agrees with your ratio, I for one would love for it to be 55-45.
To be honest, the more rosalina I'm playing, the more I'm seeing it to be not as bad for us. The matchup was tough initially because of mu inexperience, but now that I kind of know the matchup better, it doesn't seem too bad for our green plumber. I have a lot more trouble against dhd, zss, and mac. Up b combos are a lot easier on rosalina and once luma is out of the field, rosalina is pretty easy to take care of. Her down b, though, is really annoying.

I can agree on 60-40 Rosa w/no custom. 55-45, maybe....as opposed to my initial 70-30 (which i now think is a bit too high)

Last edited:

Donyoku

Greed
To be honest, the more rosalina I'm playing, the more I'm seeing it to be not as bad for us. The matchup was tough initially because of mu inexperience, but now that I kind of know the matchup better, it doesn't seem too bad for our green plumber. I have a lot more trouble against dhd, zss, and mac. Up b combos are a lot easier on rosalina and once luma is out of the field, rosalina is pretty easy to take care of. Her down b, though, is really annoying.

I can agree on 60-40 Rosa w/no custom. 55-45, maybe....as opposed to my initial 70-30 (which i now think is a bit too high)
That is good to hear. I hope everyone can gain a better understanding and agree on this matchup being more of a slight disadvantage or -1 at the most. Also the ZSS thread has got a little love lol and Mac none at all. I expected more posts for Mac than anyone but, since Mac is all around For Glory maybe people aren't struggling with the match up anymore. Not really certain. But would love to see more comments on those matchups so we can move on to the next set of characters.

Donyoku

Greed
He has a point, to make a post here about the matchup, you need to have so experience with the matchup personally. Making an assumption based of hear say or just observing is what anyone can do. This thread is about explaining why you think a matchup is a certain way based on your personal experiences with the matchup itself.

PedroSmashFan2014

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1313-2178
He has a point, to make a post here about the matchup, you need to have so experience with the matchup personally. Making an assumption based of hear say or just observing is what anyone can do. This thread is about explaining why you think a matchup is a certain way based on your personal experiences with the matchup itself.
Managed to beat Rosalina in sudden death. Still, it´s very annoying when I tryed to hit her, she vanishes suddenly, then she gets outta my range... at best 65:45 and at worse 60:40.

Donyoku

Greed
Managed to beat Rosalina in sudden death. Still, it´s very annoying when I tryed to hit her, she vanishes suddenly, then she gets outta my range... at best 65:45 and at worse 60:40.
That's better I can actaully take that comment more into account. :)

90:10 advantage.
Not helpful at all. Follow the rules at the top when giving a ratio or at least follow the format of previous posters.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
That's better I can actaully take that comment more into account. :)

Not helpful at all. Follow the rules at the top when giving a ratio or at least follow the format of previous posters.
Sorry, I read the thread contents but not the OP "rules". I got my 90:10 from watching the match-up on streams and playing Rosalina. While using Rosalina there aren't any real bad match ups, but Luigi is specifically easy. You could play with your elbows, or your toes, and still win (vs. a SKILLED Luigi). Rosalina just shuts him down

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
Sorry, I read the thread contents but not the OP "rules". I got my 90:10 from watching the match-up on streams and playing Rosalina. While using Rosalina there aren't any real bad match ups, but Luigi is specifically easy. You could play with your elbows, or your toes, and still win (vs. a SKILLED Luigi). Rosalina just shuts him down
I've seen you on the Rosa boards complaining about how OP the character is. Luigi does pretty well against Rosalina if he knows what he's doing. I've beaten good rosalinas on aib and have taken a few games off of Frozen's Rosalina (he wins mostly, but thats due to him having better overall fundamentals and not really matchup). While the matchup his in her favor, Luigi has the tools to beat her. It's just a matter of learning the matchup and the character herself.

Don't complain about something that you have no full understanding of. Learn to adapt to the game's new rules and characters; this isn't PM where you can just cry "NERF" and it'll happen.
I mean, I have problems with the game such as vectoring being different, ledge mechanics, luigi's recovery, characters like diddy, sheik, zss, mac, etc, but I'm figuring out ways to deal with these new mechanics and characters. Learn the game more before making absurd claims.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
I've seen you on the Rosa boards complaining about how OP the character is.
Complaining or giving my thoughts? I can comment on how powerful she is. I may even use her myself from time to time, and I have no problem with anyone using her. Arguing my point is not complaining.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
Complaining or giving my thoughts? I can comment on how powerful she is. I may even use her myself from time to time, and I have no problem with anyone using her. Arguing my point is not complaining.
Fair enough.
Although claiming that she can "shut luigi down" or saying it's 90:10 with no explanation doesn't really help the topic

Last edited:

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
If anything I'm just trying to comfort Luigis who have a hard time with her and let them know that they're not alone and it's a very tough match. I didn't say the character was crap or bottom tier or anything like that. That is the other posters ITT.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
If anything I'm just trying to comfort Luigis who have a hard time with her and let them know that they're not alone and it's a very tough match. I didn't say the character was crap or bottom tier or anything like that. That is the other posters ITT.
I know you didn't. But it helps to explain the 90:10 so that we can see what exactly we need to look for in order to make this matchup easier.

Top Bottom