• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Vs Little Mac Match-up

Wa_Black

Smash Apprentice
Lol a good Mac player? You're rarely going to ever find those. Just play keep away using your fireballs, and watch for smashes. Every Lil Mac is painfully predictable.
but isn't the whole point of match ups to assume that the players are of a equal skill and are doing everything right with their characters? otherwise, what's the point? a scrub diddy is a scrub, so screw the match up, you'd probably just win off fundamentals, especially if your opponent doesn't know how to use their character.

TriTails

Smash Lord
One thing I noticed about this MU is, Little Mac is weak against spotdodges. He has no attacks that has lingering hitboxes except for maybe F-tilt, rapid jabs, and Counter. So usually, he dashes foward, I spotdodge and miss the dash attack or whatnot, I punish with grabs or D-smash. Work suprisingly well with me.

Oh, and he spotdodges back? Cyclone and as punishable as it may seem, dash attack. I'd recommend Cyclone though.

Oh, and hi BTW. I'm new, and I main Weegee also! And I joined SB just today. Nice to meet ya all!

Wa_Black

Smash Apprentice
One thing I noticed about this MU is, Little Mac is weak against spotdodges. He has no attacks that has lingering hitboxes except for maybe F-tilt, rapid jabs, and Counter. So usually, he dashes foward, I spotdodge and miss the dash attack or whatnot, I punish with grabs or D-smash. Work suprisingly well with me.

Oh, and he spotdodges back? Cyclone and as punishable as it may seem, dash attack. I'd recommend Cyclone though.

Oh, and hi BTW. I'm new, and I main Weegee also! And I joined SB just today. Nice to meet ya all!
what about pivots? pivot attacks take longer to come out than standard attacks, so it could catch us dodging. And in order to punish with a grab don't you have to be extremely close? Because Luigi's grab range is nothing to write home about, while mac has some long arm reach.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Dunno about pivots, but Luigi lets Little Mac do the honor on approaching. Some of Little Mac's attacks pushes him foward, and his range isn't all that crazy either. I haven't had any problem on spotdodging + grab = Punish. So it may be just me.

Beat a lot of LMs with that tactic. Maybe you pros can try it out and tell me how it went.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
One thing I absolutely love doing against macs, is downthrow resets. They never see it coming the first few times, and it's hilarious seeing them flail around in the air.

No disrespect twords them though, I like fighting smart mac players. The thing I find about this match up is, you are just as vulnerable as mac is in the air. Luigi falls slow, and moves left to right even slower, not to mention any of his aerials can just get hard countered by super armor, very bad news. I don't recommend short hopping too much, this matchup really put a bruise in that one for me, completely devoured that habit that I've had.

Gotta keep your feet on the ground and look for grab/shield options, force rolls by manipulate him with confusing movement, if he doesn't like to roll, throw some fireballs out and look for his side b, and get him off the stage. Remember to time your punishes thoroughly, if you find mac whiffing an attack, chances are he'll be expecting you to dart in for a punish.

Top Bottom