• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Video Thread! (Updated 6-11-08) Thanks for the sticky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
Leprechaun, you came into the luigi boards as a DK main but now look at your profile, your pic is luigi :D.

Also maybe combo videos should have their own section in this thread?

WIGI

Smash Champion
don't they already? i mean. its kind of hard to tell there only one there. someon link to Green reaper aswell...its the only other good luigi combo vid out there. Luey the G pisses me off cuz he thinks hes awsome but his only good combos are on comps. and even then.... meh.

green reaper for combo vid

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
I want to see more Toon Link matchup's, the virtual void one, and some other one, aren't helping me one bit with my toon link Spammer that I face.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Anyone up for some Luigi dittos tonight?

I'll record the matches and add them to my thread and post them on here.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
id have some weegee dittos with you if you are prepared for uber lag(which im not) why is there barely any UK people who main luigi?

you could always add my FC anyway. 0516-8717-4025

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
id have some weegee dittos with you if you are prepared for uber lag(which im not) why is there barely any UK people who main luigi?

you could always add my FC anyway. 0516-8717-4025

Yeah, I will add you anyway. I have a good connection, I've played people from Canada and even California (I'm in FL). Of course, that's not as far as Scotland but it's still worth a shot.

My FC is 1805-1830-7354 and my AIM is Dapeach2001. Catch me online and tell me when you wanna brawl.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Some early July vids,

I played badly this day don't even ask why, it was error nation all over, missing my sweetspotted side-b's, doing side-b when not supposed to w/e just don't ask lol.

Locuan (Luigi) vs. Ike (Bacon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd6Ty3dnrE

Don't try to beat Ike quickly, you'll get smacked in the face.

See what I mean especially in this match, I spaced incorrectly, teched incorrectly, you name it :dizzy:. Got so many smashes in the face it's not even funny.

Luigi (Locuan) vs. Marth (Bacon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QMtUJbX18

Better match and epic recovery from a spike lol. Around 1:49.

Luigi (Locuan) vs. Marth (Bacon) 2/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdjzh4PvBEs

Luigi (Locuan) vs. Marth (Bacon) 3/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWms6AAmAKo

-Watch for the epic Edgehog here it's funny :laugh:

Meh I don't like these matches at all but it's all I have at the moment. I'll see if I can upload more recent matches soon...

By the way we speak Spanish cause we are from Puerto Rico etc. etc., you'll see us smack talking in english too we speak both languages at random.

EDIT: If your wondering I use the fire Luigi in friendly matches, red Luigi when in tournaments lol.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@Loucan, I just saw the videos your fighting style seems eh. abit too hestated. Look like you rushed it and holded back too much, regardless, sick wall cling edgehog xD
Yea I know and as I said I played horribly that day......................... (infinite dot string)

Also, I know! I guess the MK has rubbed off a bit on my Luigi. Other than that I'm trying to fix his style soon. Been playing a lot with him recently and the pro's of my country are telling me exactly what I need to do.

Razz113

Smash Cadet
wow atleast ur getting help my friend whose the best one in my group that plays played luigi one match and said sorry razz i can stand playing luigi his traction ticks me off......... ima just play zelda and MK. so im using smash boards and practice to get better kuz im all alone basically, seeing as my wiifi currently blows.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
wow atleast ur getting help my friend whose the best one in my group that plays played luigi one match and said sorry razz i can stand playing luigi his traction ticks me off......... ima just play zelda and MK. so im using smash boards and practice to get better kuz im all alone basically, seeing as my wiifi currently blows.
Eh, most people ditched Luigi for the top tier whores sadly =/. At first I was going to main Mk when brawl came out, but I'm screw it, old school ftw Luigi! You should learn how to use Luigi's traction as an advantage, although he gets knocked back pretty slippery kinda way, you can use moves such as DAC it helps alot for those upsmashs.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Not my best video (no up tilted fsmashes or comboing into up+b ;[) but it does show the versatility of the tornado and a few of Luigi's famous low % combos.

The mistakes I make are obvious, but I figured I'd post this video anyhow because it's an interesting game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdNpDmanQh4

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
That was a pretty good Luigi actually, good fireball and shorthop aerial use imo.

My only comment I guess would be to work on using the tornado for recovery. I know you have to hit B fast but with practice its doable.

Losing a stock because you didn't mash enough tornado falls short is always a sad shame. :(

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
ok finally i got some vids in. these are heavy friendlies, an not made to be taken to seriously xD. but, my fighting style is basically in here xD

Against a Zelda : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stbF84qtLwA

Against a Good Mario at pictochat with suicide johns xD : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1S80bGbZY

There were many more...they just need to be uploaded xD.
Polmex, when are we going to play man?! ARe you coming to the next gigabits? And do you have a partner? What do you think of possibly doing a double Luigi deal?!

ChK

Smash Cadet
thanks... these videos really help considering i just switched my main to luigi because hes a mad cool character and combo's are like a synch with him =] thanks

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Douuble weegee wont work...xD. If we got Mks or snakes...dual luigis wont work =()
Hmm this is true, although I feel like two Luigis could do fairly well against one MK, even if his partner was Snake. Don't you also use DDD? Perhaps that team would work better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom