• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi v Cloud mu help

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
My training partner has recently started to main cloud instead of captain falcon (his old main) anyways I would like to have a bit of help with the cloud mu, not just for my partner but I am sure I will run into one in tournament. I seem to have a big problem with getting in and spacing. He forces me to approach and when I do approach I get beaten because of his tools and limit and his back air, Also I would like to have a little advice for stage select. Thanks guys.

Brent Bruthaa

Smash Cadet
Against cloud I find you have to be a bit more reactive rather than instigating all the attacks yourself. When he attacks, wait for his end frames and punish where you can. A lot of times cloud can cancel lag into a surprising jab or down tilt.
One thing I like to do is stay at around mid range and hold shield. Many newer clouds abuse down tilt a lot which is suicide against Luigi. If his downtilt hits your shield at around 50-60% just upB and kill him. Less than that go for a grab.
Another thing you want to try and do is get him off stage as much as possible to punish his recovery.
The Luigi cyclone is pretty good at gimping cloud which forces him to mix up his recovery when he can.

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
Yeah the gimping part I would already abuse that but the rest is great thx I will use the up b punish as hard as possible

Top Bottom