• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Turned into Dr.Mario?

Mr.Nova

Smash Rookie
Me and a friend was playing and I was playing as Luigi and I got knocked off the stage on my last stock, before I died I panicked and started smashing button. When I died instead of saying the classic GAME! instead I was instantly re-spawned back onto the smashville stage as Dr. Mario and I had all four stocks. What was really weird about this was that it wasn't just Mario, it was Dr. Mario, and it was the blue jacket Dr. Mario. We then tried to replicate it but I don't know exactly what I did or what may have caused it. I was just wondering if there is a way to consistently do this or if it happened to anyone else.

Mr.Nova

Smash Rookie
I figured it out (kind of). For some reason whenever I smashed buttons is a weird way I immediately change characters and have four stock.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Maybe you preformed a soft reset, where hitting certain buttons down performs a match reset, causing the match to be replayed?

Top Bottom