• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi - Potential Kill Confirms and Matchups Against Spacies?

Pau♡

Smash Rookie
Does Luigi have any guaranteed or possible up-b kill confirms? I know the 0-to-death combo works but I want some neutral matchups kill confirms. Since the shield to up-b got nerfed I was wondering if they were any other ways to get a guaranteed UP-B that's not from the 0-to-death combo or parrying.

And how do you guys play luigi against spacies in ultimate? do you guys just bait them by doing a dash dance and waiting for them to mess up for the grab?

2019 YEAR OF THE LUIGI.

If you guys have any other good luigi tech share it!

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Dthrow down b and dthrow bair are back, dthrow nair is also good, up b can be used but it can be risky. I think dthrow dair is a kill confirm at ledge.

Spark9201

Smash Rookie
If you launch someone in the air and down b float while still up they can die at 80% and up
100% is near guaruntee
Today I was checking somethings with heavies and if you up tilt down air it can lead to an up B
But if you down air twice (which is harder to do) then it’s near guarunteed (works around 50% to 60%) For lights I haven’t tested it yet

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
I'm fairly sure that dtilt dtilt up b can break a full shield, and it's easy to do because of how fast dtilt is

Pau♡

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly sure that dtilt dtilt up b can break a full shield, and it's easy to do because of how fast dtilt is
I found out that too, D-tilt to F-tilt is amazingly fast which can be used as more pressure to break the shield

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
You could probably use Zair to edgeguard spacies, it's pretty good at doing that. Zair and then fireball

Pau♡

Smash Rookie
The zero to death.
True, zero to death is very powerful but I tend to avoid those combos as they are not guaranteed against super good players as they mix their DI. What I do (usually) when I get the first grab at 0% is D-throw , f-air , fast fall n-air to up-tilt and read the DI for a down b cyclone it usually stacks up around 50% which is pretty good in my opinion for the regular neutral game. A lot of people tend to underestimate Luigi's edgeguard game but i think it's incredible powerful if you know what you are doing, F-air comes out really fast and during off-stage play it pushes opponents away making it harder for them to recover, so is D-air. If you don't want to risk it Cyclone at ledge is extremely safe and powerful since it has like 5 frames of invincibility. If luigi's backair was as fast as melee luigi his matchup against spacies wouldn't be as bad in my opinion since it was a pretty big hitbox

Hamzburgerz

Smash Rookie
I did some messing around and you can get an up-b kill against spacies at around 100% with this. Down Tilt -> jab reset -> up-b. Im not sure if it always works but it did in training mode with high cpu shuffling. Just make sure that the opponent is tripped to pull it off.

EDIT: Lol sorry i forgot it only works if your opponent does normal get up which is highly unlikely, but u never know when it might be useful. Maybe you could potentially get a tech chase afterwards? Ill update this post if i find anything new.

Last edited:

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
dtilt is really good at 2 framing the spacies, and you can shorthop zair to hit them offstage and then go offstage for a followup fair

Top Bottom