• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Matchup Rediscussion Thread: Currently Discussing Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoforce

Smash Ace
This will be luigi's Matchup rediscussion thread. We will be discussing a new character every two weeks right down the tier.....

Some Things to discuss:
1. What do we have over said character?
2.What to look out for.
3.Anything we gotta out of jabz
4.How useful are fireballz
5.Recommended stage choices

Now lets get it started(Im gonna be outta town for 2 months so MARIOBROUSER IM LEAVING UPDATING TO YOU)

BSP

Smash Legend
Our moderators don't pay attention to Luigi :(

And guys, instead of saying "inb4thisthreaddies", why not post something contributing and usefull? That's what keeps the discussion going :/

And lol, you should've let me make the thread if I was going to be the updater.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I would if I knew the matchup. Besides wifi friendlies, I've never played any MK with Luigi : I ditto them or infinite them with diddeh...

BSP

Smash Legend
Wifi still gives you MU experience, even if it isn't exactly top-level play.

I'll go tell the metaknights we're discussing. Hopefully they have some much needed initiative.

Edit: Already done, but the link is weird...I'll see if I can fix it.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Against mk, I see the best bet is to get in jab range of him and try to land a jab combo on him.

Jab is faster then any of his grounded moves.

Up smash through nado... uhhhhh

That's all I got on mk really

BSP

Smash Legend
Re-discussion is probably the wrong word.

Eh...screw it, let's just start.

MK

This is a tough matchup, there's no way around it. His sword beats everything, and most of his moves are faster than Luigi's. He's got a superior air game, a better ground game, can easily gimp our recovery, and air camp us to death pretty much.

What I'd recommend when on the ground is using jab, occasional tilts and fireballs when he's open. Like BigLou said, Luigi's jab will outspeed MK's grounded moves, but none of our followups are garunteed unless he DI's upwards. But, since most people aren't perfect, if you are fast enough, you can probably get some mixups in. If not, just do the combo. Fireball, tornado, or tilt when he's open,but use fireballs smartly so he can't punish the lag.

You really can't challenge his aerials. Bair is probably the only aerial Luigi has that has a chance of hitting MK, but not if he spaces his own aerials well. Not really much you can do effectively.

Killing MK will be hard due to the difficulty of getting inside, but he'll die fairly early from our smashes. He still has an easier time killing Luigi with Dsmash and shuttle loop. He's also got his Fsmash to punish spacing mistakes.

Usmash the tornado.

Well, it's pretty obvious that Luigi is screwed by MK.

oK, PhantomX. Close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom