• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Kill Setups

Pyr

Smash Lord
Well, Shielded Up-B + Side-B at a mid to max charge is a guaranteed shield break. You're not going to get it often (at all), but that is the best way to get an Up-B kill. D-throw > Dair (spike) > Dair (spike) > tornado looks neat. And there is the ever-classic Perfect Pivot > Down-Taunt > Down B string to catch a roll.

Or you can be basic and get a falling nair > down-b kill. =p Seriously, nair's 6% hit leads into everything.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
D-throw > Turnaround weak U-air > B-air is a true combo and kills most people at the ledge at around 90%

There's also D-throw > Rising weak N-air > Cyclone at around 100% if D-throw > Cyclone doesn't kill yet

Last edited:

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Does anyone have some cool or effective kill setups or combos for luigi? dthrow to dair to upb for example (this looks sick af) http://youtu.be/aWybPvWqSBc
The classic kill setups for weegee all depend on getting grabs.

They include:

d-throw to up-B (you have to read the DI, though, its not guaranteed)
d-throw to down-B (i've gotten this **** down to a science, its basically guranteed)
d-throw to reverse b-air at the ledge is a great kill option and true combo
d-throw to n-air kills at high percents too.

Pyr is actually incorrect btw, the most reliable way to get an up B kill is by reading an air dodge. Most people airdodge out of downthrow so you can just downthrow someone around 80% and get a free up B on their landing. If you're really badass you can just run up to people and do it. Most people dont expect it, and in high level play its super dangerous, but you're a god if you actually do it and make it work.

Edit: A quick note that I forgot you can actually try to jab into up-B i've been doing it alot in for glory and it seems to work many times on fast falling charachters around 75%. Note that it can be sheilded by some of the cast, I still need to do some more testing and find all the correct percentanges.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
The classic kill setups for weegee all depend on getting grabs.

They include:

d-throw to up-B (you have to read the DI, though, its not guaranteed)
d-throw to down-B (i've gotten this **** down to a science, its basically guranteed)
d-throw to reverse b-air at the ledge is a great kill option and true combo
d-throw to n-air kills at high percents too.

Pyr is actually incorrect btw, the most reliable way to get an up B kill is by reading an air dodge. Most people airdodge out of downthrow so you can just downthrow someone around 80% and get a free up B on their landing. If you're really badass you can just run up to people and do it. Most people dont expect it, and in high level play its super dangerous, but you're a god if you actually do it and make it work.

Edit: A quick note that I forgot you can actually try to jab into up-B i've been doing it alot in for glory and it seems to work many times on fast falling charachters around 75%. Note that it can be sheilded by some of the cast, I still need to do some more testing and find all the correct percentanges.
I am 255.7% sure that getting a shield break is a more reliable way to get the up-b. ;) The problem is the shield break part.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Downthrow into anything. Downthrow into down b is a true combo at any percent and can kill off the top fairly early. Watch the player Boss to have all your questions answered! Downthrow into sweetspot nair also kills at around 120% if nair isn't stale.

Last edited:

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I am 255.7% sure that getting a shield break is a more reliable way to get the up-b. ;) The problem is the shield break part.
Not sure how you would test that considering I added you and it says you havn't been online for over a month :)

Pyr

Smash Lord
Not sure how you would test that considering I added you and it says you havn't been online for over a month :)
No, I mean, by virtue of what a shield break is, it works. Mostly said it because you mentioned me and reliable ways to get up B and I only mentioned Up-B once in my post and I'm very confused now.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
No, I mean, by virtue of what a shield break is, it works. Mostly said it because you mentioned me and reliable ways to get up B and I only mentioned Up-B once in my post and I'm very confused now.
Yah i Understood your original post. I think the sarcasm of my post is hard to detect, my bad lol. Sarcasm is impossible over the internet with using the kappa face. Obviously a shield break is ideal for an up-b kill setup, imo if you broke someones shield with a luigi than you're gonna win regardless, cause that person has no idea what they're doing. But yah to the OP i just reccomend watching Boss play weegee, hes the king of getting crazy kills, sometimes out of nowwhere.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Uh, I read somewhere that d-throw>up air>second jump(if needed)>cyclone is possible. Is it really? I'm not home and I'm really excited to try it tbh.

Top Bottom