• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Fireball Questions

Kodachrome-512

Smash Rookie
Okay, I have been playing Luigi for a few months now. I've figured out the Cyclone when off the map, but the thing is that all the top level Luigi mains I watch, they all use Fireball when coming back to ledge. Abate seems to use it to raise himself up higher and as a line of defense as he goes for ledge. I've heard people discuss how it's helpful to do, but noone has been able to explain to me how he is capable of getting lift off of it? Every time I use it I just fall. Am I crazy or does someone know the answer to this?

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Jump and immediately fireball. You don't gain height, but if you aim it at the ledge then it pressures your opponent: if they've been hanging on the ledge for too long and their invincibility runs out, the fireball will knock them off; if they're too late to get on the ledge, then they'll eat the fireball and will be turned around so they can't grab the ledge.

https://youtu.be/2F58lAKKhPY?t=7m33s

Last edited:
Top Bottom