• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Removed by Moderator

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
buffer 'up' while in shield & 'c' +'b' = your up + 'b' oos, only faster & with more control.
pivot down + 'b' works great for a mix-up with luigi..

you can always down + 'b' while running anywhere if you hit 'c' first (unless you're dk).
you can always down + 'b' while running on a platform if you hit 'z' first (unless you're dk).

while buffering 'a', pressing 'r' will now = 'z'... useful for chained shield-slides with luigi (over 'r', over 'r'). also, you can plat-drop out of a shield slide...

use luigi's ledge-cancels they're awesome:

dash-grab to the edge or ledge & buffer 'z', left, right or down.
if struck down near a ledge or edge (don't tech), back roll to it & you'll fall off.
dash-taunt auto-cancels itself at the ledge... useful to stop you right at the edge of a plat or the stage (setting up for a shield-cancel or drop-off aerial).

haven't used skype in a while i'll check if it works maaf... :)

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I just tried it. It's harder than it sounds. One would have to jump out of shield, then instantly Down Special. Had I known about that, I probably would've tried doing it much earlier during my match/goal. But then again, it's very rarely seen on other videos, so I'm not sure if that trick is even worth it.

Last edited:

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
buffer down first (while in-shield), then all you have to do is hit 'c' + 'b'... easy-peasy.

i've never seen that trick before, so maybe i invented it. :)

incidentally, it's most effective with the characters that have both a fast jump & a 0-frame down + 'b' (mario, luigi & fox).

Last edited:

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
I saw the Ness Discussion, so I thought I'd make this.

Guide to Luigi:

Step 1: Pick Luigi

Step 2: Hit B

Step 3: Pick any other character

Seriously, how do you use Luigi? I don't see how one can approach, and the only thing Luigi can really do is string u-airs and use up-b.
How dare you make fun of Luigi? He is Luigi, number 1!

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
I saw the Ness Discussion, so I thought I'd make this.

Guide to Luigi:

Step 1: Pick Luigi

Step 2: Hit B

Step 3: Pick any other character

Seriously, how do you use Luigi? I don't see how one can approach, and the only thing Luigi can really do is string u-airs and use up-b.
How dare you make fun of Luigi? He is Luigi, number 1!

The24thGanondorf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1418-7666-1581
Luigi is a really lightweight character, so using his up throw and his air attacks is really good for comboing with him. I suggest using his up throw, Nair, Uair, then either his up b or Bair.

D

Deleted member

Luigi is sick! I find him to be much more fun to use than Mario. =P

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
I play him.

I'm the best Luigi player in the whole world, hands down, no competition. Ask anyone.

also dtilt is good for getting grabs and if you land behind their shield after a dair without facing them you can dtilt and it will hit them behind you.

and his fireballs can be amazing for EVERYTHING ( Don't listen to the haters). Just remember he isn't mario and then get over it. Besides he's thinner.
You gotta prove it, m8. Isai's probably the best in the world with every character, anyway. Including Luigi, who he doesn't even main.

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
Luigi is rad, he may be low tier, but he has that amazing up B sweetspot. He is also just, cooler than Mario, he feels different, I think more people should put work into him, so he won't be low tier.

LSDX

Wah!
I just came into possession of a Hori controller, picking 64 back up after not playing since 2000. It's a shame the scene is so small in Illinois, but I'm hoping to advance Luigi as far as I can in the coming year.

I honestly don't know how anyone can play with an OG 64 controller, the Hori model is vastly superior in every way from my experience.

M4TT

Smash Cadet
Hop online! Luigi is viable, but not at the highest levels imo

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
You gotta prove it, m8. Isai's probably the best in the world with every character, anyway. Including Luigi, who he doesn't even main.
The last I checked, Luigi is Isai's Pocket Ace.

Luigi is rad, he may be low tier, but he has that amazing up B sweetspot. He is also just, cooler than Mario, he feels different, I think more people should put work into him, so he won't be low tier.
Luigi is the most underrated character in the roster by far, due to his play-style being so different from everyone else.

D

Deleted member

The last I checked, Luigi is Isai's Pocket Ace.

Luigi is the most underrated character in the roster by far, due to his play-style being so different from everyone else.
I don't know, DK is pretty underrated too.

bigmmon

Smash Rookie
Thread lives, LUIGI LIVES

Im a noob but a passionate luigi main and use these simple 1-2 moves often:

Low percent: dair to uptilt, up air up air up air...
Fair to over-smash
High percent: dair to up smash

Fun mix up: try to cover max distance with down b (at various mash-heights) to hit on last hitbox. Obviously unreliable but you can get lucky or practice judging its distance. Make them fear the tornado

Top Bottom