• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Removed by Moderator

Battlecow

Play to Win
I recall... Something... long ago... in a King Funk video. My robot brain needs motor oil.

So you guys like to throw in some pika thunderspacing with the Items very high Sector Z jiggs quadruples, huh? Mmm. In my ceaseless quest to attain SSB supremacy, I have forgotten this "fun" that you speak of; like the summer sunlight or the scent of a woman, it is a relic from an abandoned past.

Sangoku

Smash Master
We should write a nice text we could copy/paste to each newbs thinking they know more than US, THIS ULTIMATE SMASH COMMUNITY.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@BC4629 Luigi = Excessively floaty.

Also: lol at calling Luige vs Pika (even).

Luigisama

Smash Champion
"Judging from your decisions, I would say the Pikas you play don't touch the A button."

This is true most PIkas that I face spam thunder, yet some of the ones that I have faced just dair and Fair a lot.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Link(Luigi's favor) more info later

Jigglypuff(luigi's favor)more info later

Samus (Luigi's favor)more info later

Yoshi (even)more info later

Ness (hard)more info later

Kirby (Luigi's favor)more info later
Link: His boomerang along with his sword's range is annoying, but with good approaches with fairs and bairs you end the fight quickly especially if you abuse Link's poor recovery. Fire balls are good to use when he is off the edge.

Jigglypuff: Really light. If your below Jiggz go for a down b because it can kill Jiggz at around 77% and any higher instant death. Also watch out for neutral b spam that move is annoying. Nair her when she is off the stage is effective since it has a lot of knock back.

Kirby: He is slightly like Jigglypuff in that he dies from down b at 80% and anything higher is usually instead death. Be careful and don't let Kirby copy your powers or you will have to out camp kirby. Fairs are effective on kirby and Nairs are really effective for edge guarding. Stages like Brinstar and Hyrule temple help in down b kills.

Also I understand Luigi is floaty so it might be hard to land some moves, but FF(fast fall) with any air move isn't hard to do.

Everyone else I'll put some more info later.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Link: His boomerang along with his sword's range is annoying, but with good approaches with fairs and bairs you end the fight quickly especially if you abuse Link's poor recovery. Fire balls are good to use when he is off the edge.

Jigglypuff: Really light. If your below Jiggz go for a down b because it can kill Jiggz at around 77% and any higher instant death. Also watch out for neutral b spam that move is annoying. Nair her when she is off the stage is effective since it has a lot of knock back.

Kirby: He is slightly like Jigglypuff in that he dies from down b at 80% and anything higher is usually instead death. Be careful and don't let Kirby copy your powers or you will have to out camp kirby. Fairs are effective on kirby and Nairs are really effective for edge guarding. Stages like Brinstar and Hyrule temple help in down b kills.

Also I understand Luigi is floaty so it might be hard to land some moves, but FF(fast fall) with any air move isn't hard to do.

I didn't know serious Kirby's actually tried to copy moves (except in friendlies)

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
real kirby's don't need to copy moves. If they do, its for setups like "up-tilt > falcon punch" or just to throw 6 fireballs before they hit the ground. Kirby can take a lot of powers and use them, but why give you your ultimate suicide? lol.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
As useful as the copy move can be, why even bother, when Kirby doesn't need it at all?

Battlecow

Play to Win

I don't know where to start

Everything you just said is incredibly, obviously wrong. I'm not quite sure whether or not you're trolling. Stop.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I didn't know serious Kirby's actually tried to copy moves (except in friendlies)
I see people say this all the time, and I just want to say this: Imagine you are Kirby vs. Mario on Hyrule, and UTilt him at ~55% or similar, near the middle of the stage where you won't get any edgeguard opportunities from Nairing. By using Kirby's neutral B and copying instead of the usual Nair, you are sacrificing only 9% to gain a valuable tool in approach, recovery, and camping - landing only one fireball will almost make up for the damage loss. Basically, Kirby's neutral B is a possible alternative to Nair if you can't do anything else, a Nair won't lead to an edgeguard opportunity, and the opponent's neutral B is useful.

DMoogle

A$
I don't think BC4629 is trolling, but he's obviously talking about a much different/lower level of play than the rest of us are used to.

Just because people don't use a move, doesn't mean it isn't useful. Kirby's copy ability is a very unique move, since there's always another option that will do more damage. However, it focuses on a different form of long-term than other moves do.

vs. Luigi: His fireballs are probably the worst projectiles in the game, but they're still FAR from useless, and add to Kirby's approach (which he's not exactly top-tier in).
vs. Mario: These fireballs basically give a multiplier effect to the easiness of Kirby's aerial approach. Besides, they rack of damage fast.
vs. DK: Up-tilt combos into charged punch ridiculously easily.
vs. Link: Kirby boomerang is so much fun and so sick. Significantly dds to approach AND combo ability.
vs. Samus: Not nearly as useful as DK's, since Samus is really floaty and harder to combo with, but still useful.
vs. Doug: Pretty difficult to combo into a PAUNCH, but oh-so-satisfying when it happens.
vs. Ness: lol
vs. Yoshi: more lol
vs. Kirby: CANNIBAL
vs. Fox: TRIPLE SHORT HOP LAZORS WTFHAX
vs. Pikachu: Actually marginally useful for approach. I'd pass though.
vs. Jiggly: Haven't really tried it out, but Jiggly's best edgeguard game is on the ground, so I guess the recovery aspect can be useful. It might have some interesting combo implications though.

Oooh this just gave me a combo idea. I'm going to post it in the social thread.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
"I don't think BC4629 is trolling, but he's obviously talking about a much different/lower level of play than the rest of us are used to."

^ This and I'm in total understanding in that some of my info could or is wrong. idk these strategies work for me. Also I'm basing this off of people that I played who are probably not even good at SSB. Lastly if anyone provided some info on these Mus then that could help me see why my info is wrong and yes I know Luigi has a lot of flaws.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@BC4629 There's a tag named "Quote" which syntax is: (quote)...text. (/quote)
But replace () with [] which is used for what its name tells you. :troll:
JK...?
:p

ballin4life

Smash Hero
"I don't think BC4629 is trolling, but he's obviously talking about a much different/lower level of play than the rest of us are used to."

^ This and I'm in total understanding in that some of my info could or is wrong. idk these strategies work for me. Also I'm basing this off of people that I played who are probably not even good at SSB. Lastly if anyone provided some info on these Mus then that could help me see why my info is wrong and yes I know Luigi has a lot of flaws.
Watch videos on youtube of good people. Check the video forum.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hmm I don't know if that's the best way to realise something as beginners don't see things. I was not even impressed when I first watched youtube vids. I just didn't understand all the spacing and mindgames parts.

Obviously best thing would be to play a good oponent and get *****.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Hmm I don't know if that's the best way to realise something as beginners don't see things. I was not even impressed when I first watched youtube vids. I just didn't understand all the spacing and mindgames parts.

Obviously best thing would be to play a good oponent and get *****.
I know what you mean but this guy is at a different level. If his Pikas are running around spamming thunder then they haven't seen high level play at all.

DMoogle

A$
I know what you mean but this guy is at a different level. If his Pikas are running around spamming thunder then they haven't seen high level play at all.
I agree with what Sangoku said, but yeah, you're probably right.

Sometimes I still wonder where Isai's edge is coming from. Then the next thing I see is him four stocks ahead of his tough opponent.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
maybe this isai person is actually an elaborate hoax by ant-d and ken, and all of california, nay, america, is in on it, as well as everyone who knows japanese

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
maybe this isai person is actually an elaborate hoax by ant-d and ken, and all of california, nay, america, is in on it, as well as everyone who knows japanese
Haha, how did you get to that conclusion?

Too good to be true?
lol

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
I randomly found this out and even though people probably know it already thought it was worth saying: Luigi can pivot ledge grab for a quick ledge hog. (similar to falcon's but way easier)

DMoogle

A$
I randomly found this out and even though people probably know it already thought it was worth saying: Luigi can pivot ledge grab for a quick ledge hog. (similar to falcon's but way easier)
I *think* every character can. Luigi's probably the easiest, followed by Falcon, then either Fox or Kirby if my memory serves me correctly.

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
Cool. I just tried it out and was able to do it with Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Fox, Link, Doug, and Jiggly. I'd believe that they can all do it, although, it seems pretty hard with some (yoshi).

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think Samus' is as easy as fox- Too bad not usefully (goes for most chars). Just got consistent with Mario's and Link's :D

/proud of self (so what!)

Back on topic: Luigi's is super usefull IF YOU FASTFALL IT (guess that goes for all chars also). Oh, and for Luigi, you have to do the shield pivot ff edgehog or else it's not legit... just sayin'.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think Samus' is as easy as fox- Too bad not usefully (goes for most chars). Just got consistent with Mario's and Link's :D

/proud of self (so what!)

Back on topic: Luigi's is super usefull IF YOU FASTFALL IT (guess that goes for all chars also). Link falls like a rock though. You might kill yourself lol. Oh, and for Luigi, you have to do the shield pivot ff edgehog or else it's not legit... just sayin'.
Fox's is way easier than Samus's.

I think Yoshi can't do it, although I'm not 100% sure. Everybody else can definitely do it.

dandan

Smash Lord
yoshi can just run off jump and straight downb, works about the same speed iirc.

Villainy

Smash Cadet
no posts since 2011 :( ... so to get this thread of the best character in the game going again, I made a luigi tier list in order of who gives my luigi the most trouble.

S
Falcon/Fox

A
Pika
Link ( priority/projectiles make it hard for weegie. especially on hyrule.)

B
DK/Kirby

C
Ness ( a good ness)
Yoshi
Mario

C-
Jiggs/Samus

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i love tier lists!

i love playing link vs luigi, luigi is too slow to catch him. I'd put jiggs in her own tier of awfulness vs luigi imo. I also think samus does better vs luigi than ness.

also you did it wrong, it should be

Ness (if you know how to use him)

Top Bottom