• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Community Combo Video

TheMike

Smash Lord
Hello Luigi Boards! I'm here to present you the project "Luigi Community Combo Video". I'm creating this thread to collect the clips, but yoshq will make the video because he's amazing at editing. :laugh:

We'll also discuss the video's name and it's songs here. For now, we have the following clips:

LuigiKing
3:21 to KO

zhao_guang
0:08 to KO
1:13 to KO

King Of Be@st
0:08 to KO, 2:35 to KO, 3:04 to KO, 3:14 to KO and 3:25 to KO

DScaleb
0:05 to KO
0:01 to KO
1:30 to KO
This

Blayd
0:11 to KO, 0:43 to KO, 1:59 to KO, 2:32 to KO, 2:46 to KO, 4:01 to KO and 4:32 to KO
1:30 to KO, 4:05 to KO, 4:28 to KO, 4:49 to double taunt KO, 4:08 to KO and 5:20 to KO

$Lil' Gerald Is In Dat Style$
@2nd stock
@3rd stock
This

RiverDB
@3rd stock
@1st stock
@2nd stock
@3rd stocl
@3rd stock(the 12-79% combo)

BigLøu
7:45 to KO

boss8
The awesome Up B KO at 0:25

DE_Desti
0:26 to KO

Ganonballer
0:15 to KO

TheMann
2:00
0:29
1:45
1:35

Just post a video of yours specifying the correct time of the combo. :)

yoshq's considerations:

replays are preferable over videos
I reserve the right to reject a replay if I deem it bad.

How to get a replay from your Wii to your computer:

put your sd card in your computer, go to private/wii/app/rsbe/rp find the replay you want, create a winrar zip archive, then put the replay file on the archive, then upload it to whatever site you want, if you send replays i'd recommend telling what stock it happens on

Edit: if it's just 1 replay, no need for the winrar file
Then:

telling me(yoshq) what stock it's on

HyL!

Smash Lord
youtube says it's still processing, the quality should be way better once youtube stops being lame, but if it doesn't get better, i can send the actual video file of the combo, which is way better

yoshq

Smash Master
youtube says it's still processing, the quality should be way better once youtube stops being lame, but if it doesn't get better, i can send the actual video file of the combo, which is way better
just send me the video files if you still have them, of both the comboes we're using from you.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
so pardon my noob question, but if i happen to have replays on my wii how to i get them from my wii onto the computer and then how do i send them to yosh?

HyL!

Smash Lord
so pardon my noob question, but if i happen to have replays on my wii how to i get them from my wii onto the computer and then how do i send them to yosh?
put your sd card in your computer, go to private/wii/app/rsbe/rp find the replay you want, create a winrar zip archive, then put the replay file on the archive, then upload it to whatever site you want, if you send replays i'd recommend telling what stock it happens on

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
thx alot. i'll see if i have any **** moments to add here :)

yoshq

Smash Master

that is EXACTLY right. including the telling me what stock it's on. mike should put this in the op. also, mike, I reserve the right to reject a replay if I deem it bad.

yoshq

Smash Master
lol, weeding out good combos
if it's really a problem, then I can get a second opinion, but there's 2 things you have to realize behind why I want to do this. 1st, comboes that might look legendary to a noob look much more mundane to someone who's better at the game and is used to seeing such things. 2nd, I don't want to edit something that I don't think is good. feel free to get someone else to edit the video, please :)

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
if it's really a problem, then I can get a second opinion, but there's 2 things you have to realize behind why I want to do this. 1st, comboes that might look legendary to a noob look much more mundane to someone who's better at the game and is used to seeing such things. 2nd, I don't want to edit something that I don't think is good. feel free to get someone else to edit the video, please :)
Don't get me wrong I think it is necessary as well, I just found it funny is all.

Pony

Smash Apprentice
if it's really a problem, then I can get a second opinion, but there's 2 things you have to realize behind why I want to do this. 1st, comboes that might look legendary to a noob look much more mundane tosomeone who's better at the game and is used to seeing such things. 2nd, I don't want to edit something that I don't think is good. feel free to get someone else to edit the video, please :)
Aka YoshQ. ;)

I'll try to find a replay or two, I don't think I've ever done anything above average though. >.>

HyL!

Smash Lord
yoshq is right, some combos look amazing to you, but until viewed in a different perspective it might not seem as great as you thought it was.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Just look at the precedent Luigi CVs from last year... They all look ridiculous ô_o

I'll try to get more offline replays. I'm not as good as most of you (I hope for you at least, I've had the game 6 months later then you :V) so I'll have to play sexy to have decent replays =3

yoshq

Smash Master
why wii replays? why not youtube clips matchs?

thats mad dumbbbbbb

i guess ill post my clips later on
replays will be all the same quality when I record them, clips will be different resolutions and qualities. if you notice on the ganon community video, the video only fills up like 1/2 of the screen, there's a huge black box around it because he spliced different resolutions together.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I agree with yoshq's idea to streamline the quality/resolution by just going with replays. It will make things look a LOOOOOT better. Also I think if this is going to be cool the combos can't just be... a random wifi luigi ****** someone with a combo that doesn't actually work. I think real combos with good reads and stuff are way more fun to watch. Dunno, thats just me.

King Of Be@st

Smash Cadet
I have a lot more luigi footage because Im bout to make another combo video called Body Bagged # 2 but Im confused are you guys only adding footage of replays people send you or are you still keeping my footage that you looked at already. All of the combos in all my video = K.O. Some zero to death. Just let me know because I dont want to miss out.

HyL!

Smash Lord
i've only got a couple that are offline, seeing as i don't usually get to play on my wii when it's offline, only the ones vs kds are offline i think

yoshq

Smash Master
wifi is fine, as long as the same combo would be just as legit offline and doesn't rely on the lag.

ok so I'm going to go through you guys' combo videos and ask for certain clips or if possible, replays. If you don't have them, then I might download the video from youtube, but it might be terrible quality and edited out at the end once we see the ccv on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTpHtb4lOyo i've got that aswell, if there's any other combos that are worthy of the ccv D:
I want 1'37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOmBeFhYKQ
'10
2'36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLr4vVeqQpw

'15
'50
2'06
2'34
2'51
4'05
4'35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCstMIuQnhc

1'40
4'08
4'31
4'52
5'14
5'22

When I list the times I want, that means I'd like the clip or replay of the combo that is going on at that time.

Also, Wigi, if you're reading this, I'd like permission to use your stuff in the vid; I still have your videos from when I recorded them.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm going to send you my replays next week, I've got a tourney on saturday so if I can freeplay enough I'll get tons of replays =V

TheMike

Smash Lord
Sorry for not being so active here, yoshq. Did you send PMs to some Luigi players? If not, I'll do so. My apology, again. :X

Top Bottom