• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Combo Thread

ScrappyYT

Smash Rookie
LUIGI NEEDS TO BE THE BEST!

Please post combos using details such as character, percent, and moves used in order. Videos are also great.

Used Shorthand:

DT - Down throw
FT - Forward throw
UT - Up throw
BT - Back throw
dt - down tilt
ut - up tilt
ft - forward tilt
SH - short hop
FH - full hop
RG - Re-grab
Fair, Nair, Bair, Dair, Zair, and Up air are also accepted

ScrappyYT

Smash Rookie
From 25 - 40 percent, only tested on Ganondorf, DT, SH, Dair, Fast fall Nair, SH, Dair, Fast fall Nair

In between the down throw and the short adjust your position to account for DI

Will test on other characters!

0 percent, needs more testing, as I have only tested on Ganondorf, DT, SH, Fair, Fast fall Up Air, after this use jabs or down tilt for true combos, or re-grab DT, SH, Fair, Fast fall Up Air, after which you can go for 1 last grab into an Up Air

Might not be true with proper DI.

Does around 50% - 60% if you get the full combo

Will test on other characters!

10 percent, Mario only tested character, DT, SH, Fair, Fair, Up tilt, Up tilt, FH, Up Air, Fast fall Fair.

Might not be true with proper DI

Does around 50% - 60% if you get the full combo

Will test on other characters

(works on Mario, Inkling, Doctor Mario, Meta Knight)

10 percent, Ganondorf only tested character, DT, Sh, Fair, Fair, Up tilt, Up tilt, Up tilt, Up Air, Bair

Might not be true with proper DI mixups

does around 70% - 80% if you get the full combo

Will test on other characters

Last edited:

ScrappyYT

Smash Rookie
Could a moderator please delete this, i accidentally posted this

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hey ScrappyYT,

I see you have good intentions on making a Luigi combo thread, but you have posted far too many times in a row. Please use the edit button to delete your posts after post #1 and edit the info into your first post. I can help you do this if you are confused .

ScrappyYT

Smash Rookie
Hey ScrappyYT,

I see you have good intentions on making a Luigi combo thread, but you have posted far too many times in a row. Please use the edit button to delete your posts after post #1 and edit the info into your first post. I can help you do this if you are confused .
Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it when I get back to my computer

Nicefield

Smash Rookie
DT -> Fair -> Fair -> ut -> ut -> up B

Combo works best from 0%-5% can work up to 7%. NOT TRUE COMBO oponnent can shield before the up B part but its a good 0 % to 60% works best once or two time on opponent if he doesn't know he can shield the combo.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
DT -> Fair -> Fair -> U tilt -> U tilt -> U tilt -> U air -> Bair. Good for about 70. Starting at about 5 percent, you won’t be able to get the Bair. It’s still good for around 60 however.

makemesmellbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
makemesmellbad
Switch FC
SW-1177-4478-7793
Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it when I get back to my computer
Guess you never got back to your computer.

At 0%, if you're fighting someone who knows how to DI your DT, you can mixup with an up throw to FH aerial strings. The timing is pretty tight, but if you can get it down, you can seriously tilt your opponent on a fresh stock.

Of course, in almost every other case, you'll want to try for the 0-death combo, instead.
>DT, SH dair, ff nair, SH dair, ff up air, up B.
On heavier characters, add another SH dair, ff nair before finishing with either a ff up air or ff zair (weight dependent).
On lighter characters, replace the last ff up air with a ff zair.

Typically in bracket, the base 0-death works on slightly heavier characters if your up B and dairs are fresh (eg. Snake, R.O.B., Ike, etc.). Against slightly lighter characters, you can either stale out the moves or refuse to pummel before your down throw.

You can *supposedly* get FT to dash attack at 0%, but I'm not sure if it's true, let alone worth the bad position it'll put you in afterwards. I'll have to check it out when I get time to lab.

Top Bottom