• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Luigi Approach Options

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
OnFullTilt submitted a new guide:

Luigi Approach Options - Safe and not so safe ways to get to your opponent.

Due to Luigi's wavedash which lets him zoom in with any aerial OR grounded move, he is extremely good at approaching his opponent (He has a few other great ways to approach, later in this post). It is, however, easy to use any one approach option so much that it starts becoming predictable and punishable. With that in mind I'd like to compile as many approach options as possible in this thread, and I'd love for everyone to chime in. For the rest of this post, this symbol -> will show that one...
Read more about this guide...

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
WD -> Jab is worth mentioning. It's fast, has fair range, and can hitconfirm into a whole lot of stuff, and if you WD fast enough it can be used to cross up.
You might also mention the Shield Damage Dtilt and down-angled FTilt have.

Last edited:

Andysmu

Smash Rookie
The B-reversal on the ground could be useful for mix ups. It could be used for good spacing. For example: WD toward opponent facing away from them, then use that momentum when you're close to B-reversal fireball and use the hit confirm from that. It seems like it has similar uses to fireball waveland.
I feel like there's a lot of approach options for Luigi, but is beaten out by the range of a lot of characters. This is why he needs to rely on mix ups and movement options. I like this guide though!

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
Ah sorry, I forgot to recheck this guide after resubmitting it into the guide section. I updated some stuff and plan to revamp this guide once I get a capture card (which I should be getting before terribly long I believe!).

Top Bottom