• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Nerfs in 3.0.0?

Arthur97

Smash Master
This is not whether you think she needs them, this is whether you think she'll get them. Now, complaints got Chrom nerfed, but the major reason she might avoid the nerfs is that unlike Chrom, she has no different move to nerf and they love keeping them the same.

Thoughts?

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I think they won't nerf Lucina. She's not good enough or doesn't have one specific move worth nerfing. Their online results probably aren't too skewed either, because this is a fundamentals character that usually only wins when they're as good as or better than their opponent. They could nerf her damage output on some specific moves, but I think they want her as is.

I think Marth tippers will be easier across the board instead.

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
If they didn’t nerf cloud and Gannon(even giving the former a buff)-despite them being supposedly more common then her(I don’t believe that for 10 seconds but ok)-so probably not, or at least not anything that’d put her immediately out of her amazing tier position.

It sounds like they aren’t gonna go the “insta nerf the top tier character just because people dislike them” way this time around anyways -as kinda shown with Kirby, Rosalina, cenaroar, and puff in the first balance patch it seems like they’re going more buffs then nerfs.(which don’t get me wrong I don’t think lucina is DyInG for buffs or anything here so I doubt she’ll be touched here either way).

Does sorta sound like they might nerf or at least tone down the overly cheap stuff tho. As shown with Luigi’s dair and chromcide-for the free zero death stuff.I don’t think lucina has any of that but if she does I’d expect that to get nerfed out

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I don't think they can nerf her very much without borderline ruining the character. Maybe slightly lower the amount of invincibility on her up-B, but then in turn make side-B connect a bit better? A good buff and a fairly reasonable nerf, I think.

I'd rather see Marth's tipper size get buffed than Lucina nerfed, though. I like Marth a lot better but get sick of the inconsistency. Tippers feel good to hit, Lucina is kinda boring to play sometimes even though you can get more consistent kills.

Gamrage

Smash Rookie
Nintendo seems to be nerfing characters that benefit most from lag. Lucina isn't one of them.
Also, even the high level pros tend to look past Lucina when talking about nerfs. They usually skip to Pichu, Peach or Olimar.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I don't think she'll get them. Lucina's tools compliment each other nicely but they're so basic to the point where nerfs just don't make sense. None of her tools lead to explosive damage, her high kill power moves are all super punishable, and her movement isn't all that great. The only really great thing about her is her ability to edge guard but thats kind of par for the course in this game.

I'm not saying that the won't nerf her (because I'm not the final say or anything) but lucina is a character where if you nerf her without changing her playstyle she'll be more or less identical, and if you nerf her to the point where her playstyle does change she's gonna go back to being that vanilla smash 4 lucina where she gave jiggs a run for her money in bottom tier lol.

Top Bottom