• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Love 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowood Lovely

Smash Cadet
Ok so I didn't want to revive the "Lucina Love" thread but also rly wanted to post this very specific kind of Lucina love

Did anyone else grow fond of Lucina because of her symbolism in Awakening?

I 100% fell for Lucina in Awakening, and a good bit because along with all the fun IS added thinking this would be the final FE, Lucina's time with the mask seemed like it was included for some extremely personal symbolism to me. I usually avoid topics like this because they're so touchy but including a character who had to mask her feminine nature seemed like a big gesture towards all those kids (many of whom end up playing games like this I feel) who have to mask something about themselves and deal with coming out. The butterfly motif & pretty but "subtle" design on Lucina hit home for me as a (I HATE this word) "trans" (I said it) lady who once lived behind a mask as well, and that connection was just so powerful for me

I was really curious if anyone else here got to experience that kind of connection with Lucina, because I always said I'd become the best Lucina player on earth if she got added into smash, and my love for her is driving me to do that for real. I've read of "queer-ish" people like me relating to Lucina strongly and I like to see her as a subtle Nintendo-hero for people like me, because frankly there's so many characters here it's about diversity o-clock for Nintendo.

I also choke a little thinking how not only how many fans of Lucina in smash see her as their heterosexual wife, where the pre-smash FEA Lucina squad was a little more open to her potential as a lesbian (I still like you guys but come on she's my hero here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom