• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Dair Lock Percents

Crocketz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krocketz

Nika

Smash Cadet
How does this work...? Does this happen if you spike them on the ground or something, or is it just like jab lock? It requires the spike, right?

Dozr

Smash Rookie
I was labbing some dair spike followups just now. If this is essentially a jab lock, what leads into this? So far I can only do Jab1 into Short Hop Dair spike consistently.

Crocketz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krocketz
How does this work...? Does this happen if you spike them on the ground or something, or is it just like jab lock? It requires the spike, right?
Jab locking with Lucina's dair works when the opponent is bouncing on the ground, either after a missed tech or having been footstooled. While they are bouncing, if you hit them with the spike hitbox of dair (which I believe is frame 11) and they are within the given percent range, they will be forced to do a standard getup. This gives you an opportunity to punish, either with a charged smash attack or by starting up another combo.

Crocketz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krocketz
I was labbing some dair spike followups just now. If this is essentially a jab lock, what leads into this? So far I can only do Jab1 into Short Hop Dair spike consistently.
This is a jab lock, but it is somewhat harder to lead into than other jab locks. I created this list for the sole purpose of finding potential jab lock combos with some of the other guys on the Marcina Discord.

Falling Uair > Utilt > Footstool > SB (to cancel momentum) > Dair Lock
This is a mixup, because the opponent can simply jump out of it, but if they choose to airdodge and you read it, you get a lot of % off of it. Other situations you may be able to Dair Lock your opponent include when your opponent slides off of a ledge and is unable to tech the landing.

We too are still experimenting with the applications, so if you can find any applications of your own, be sure to share them around. :)

Eruvala

Smash Rookie
This is a jab lock, but it is somewhat harder to lead into than other jab locks. I created this list for the sole purpose of finding potential jab lock combos with some of the other guys on the Marcina Discord.

Falling Uair > Utilt > Footstool > SB (to cancel momentum) > Dair Lock
This is a mixup, because the opponent can simply jump out of it, but if they choose to airdodge and you read it, you get a lot of % off of it. Other situations you may be able to Dair Lock your opponent include when your opponent slides off of a ledge and is unable to tech the landing.

We too are still experimenting with the applications, so if you can find any applications of your own, be sure to share them around. :)
Is Dair her only option for jab locking? If it is that kinda sucks as I can't see THAT many opportunities but its still useful to have I guess.

Crocketz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krocketz
Is Dair her only option for jab locking? If it is that kinda sucks as I can't see THAT many opportunities but its still useful to have I guess.
Dair isn't Lucina's only locking option, Dolphin Slash also locks, but it has even fewer places where it can be used. The only way of getting a Jab Lock with Dolphin Slash is on Battlefield/Dreamland. Stand under the highest platform and grab your opponent at 0%, then uthrow into Dolphin Slash. I'm not entirely sure if that's 100% accurate but as of yet, it's the only example of a Dolphin Slash Jab Lock that I know.

Top Bottom