• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Changes in Patch 1.1.4

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
Why does this thread not exist yet?

Confirmed changes as of now:
  • Jab 1:
    • Duration: 28F -> 25F
    • Hitbox X Position: 6.5 -> 7
  • Jab 2 Hitbox X Position: 6.5 -> 7
  • Ftilt:
    • Duration: 36F -> 33F
    • Hitbox X Position: 6.7 -> 7.7
    Dtilt:
    • Hitbox X Position: 6.7 -> 8.2
    • Second Hitbox X/Y Position: 15.2/3.2 -> 16.7/2.7
    Nair:
    • Nair First Hit:
      • Damage: 3.345 -> 4.2
    • Nair Second Hit:
      • Damage: 7.6 -> 8.5
      • Hitbox X Position: 6.5 -> 7.5
  • Fair:
    • Damage: 8.5 -> 10.5
  • Bair:
    • Damage: 9.975 -> 11.8
  • Uair Damage: 9.975 -> 11.4
  • Dair Normal/Meteor Damage: 11.4/13.3 -> 12.3/14.2
  • Utilt Duration: 36F -> 33F
  • Dsmash Duration: 64F -> 54F
  • Dancing Blade:
    • Startup: 7F -> 6F
    • Total Ground/Air Duration: 42/32F -> 41/31F

Discuss.

Last edited:

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
I was actually gonna make a thread discussing this. Can anyone confirm if Lucina got the same frame data changes that Marth got?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I was actually gonna make a thread discussing this. Can anyone confirm if Lucina got the same frame data changes that Marth got?
Bowserboy has been saying they're identical. It's troubling that this hasn't been added to the patch notes yet, though.

Edit: I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a little test myself, and as I expected, Bowserboy is 100% correct. Her frame data is still identical.

Last edited:

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
Bowserboy has been saying they're identical. It's troubling that this hasn't been added to the patch notes yet, though.

Edit: I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a little test myself, and as I expected, Bowserboy is 100% correct. Her frame data is still identical.

Thanks for confirming it. This patch really helped us by adding some more kill options even if you gotta wait til 120-130 while edgeguarding or 150 on stage

krosswerks

Smash Rookie
Really happy about the Dancing Blade change, it never seemed as effective as it was supposed to be... I'm also relieved that she's getting the same stuff as Marth, I was pretty distraught when the patch notes were coming out and showing differences between the two... I was worried that she was going to get pushed even further into Marth's shadow.

tbh I'm glad that she didn't get insane buffs though. I like the surprise and delight that I see when I bring Lucina to my locals, and if she got buffed to the point that people started playing her in greater numbers, I can't help but think that some of that fun would diminish.

Nika

Smash Cadet
/14.2
  • Dancing Blade Startup Duration: 7F -> 6F
YESSSSS

This has been on my wishlist for a long time. The damage buffs are nice and all, but to me this is huge (especially coupled with the DB buffs from last patch). Thank you Sakurai!

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Oh, thank goodness. I was being taken over by placebo and patch notes not mentioning that data.

Still, I appreciate Sakurai finally giving us some frame data. Although we probably still need more. I don't quite understand why Roy gets aerial data and we don't.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Lmao this thread took way too long, I assumed you all discussed it in the social. But this is real cool. I Don't really play Lucy as much anymore, but im happy for ya guys. heh. just sayn (^з^)-☆

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
So in regards to this patch, is there any noteworthy combos, strings, setups, etc. for Lucina or is it still the same jab f smash and that one db nair 1 f smash kill setup? I think jab1 to UTilt to UAir is a combo/string/mixup that could be cool for us for some juggling and whatnot. FThrow to FAir is kind of an option as well even though it may not be as safe, haven't tested it much against players though. You can also go jab1 to grab DThrow to U/BAir as well as other mixups with jab1. Not too sure about this but I think Sakurai may want us to play around the jab1 and go for some mixups but idk, just a somewhat casual player.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
so apparently :4lucina: got a range buff on fair bair nair ftilt and dtilt so did marth.

and better frame data on uptilt and jab.

this has all been confirmed so feel free to update the OP.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
so apparently :4lucina: got a range buff on fair bair nair ftilt and dtilt so did marth.

and better frame data on uptilt and jab.

this has all been confirmed so feel free to update the OP.
I'll wait for it to show up in the official thread just to save me time, as well as get the size changes as well.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm really happy with all these changes.

And yes, Lucina got everything Marth got, only differeing in percent damage dealt. She even got 10 frames shaved off Dsmash!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm really happy with all these changes.

And yes, Lucina got everything Marth got, only differeing in percent damage dealt. She even got 10 frames shaved off Dsmash!
This isn't strictly relevant, but can I just point out how hysterical your signature picture is? XD

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This isn't strictly relevant, but can I just point out how hysterical your signature picture is? XD
Of course! I quite like it, myself.

I have signatures disabled by default in my settings so that the forum loads faster. Sometimes I forget it's there!

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
So in regards to this patch, is there any noteworthy combos, strings, setups, etc. for Lucina or is it still the same jab f smash and that one db nair 1 f smash kill setup? I think jab1 to UTilt to UAir is a combo/string/mixup that could be cool for us for some juggling and whatnot. FThrow to FAir is kind of an option as well even though it may not be as safe, haven't tested it much against players though. You can also go jab1 to grab DThrow to U/BAir as well as other mixups with jab1. Not too sure about this but I think Sakurai may want us to play around the jab1 and go for some mixups but idk, just a somewhat casual player.
Jab 1 to dancing blade true combos now. Jab 1 to up b also true combos and kills.

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Lucina is so damn good now..I can safely say she is on my secondary list again

I can string combos like crazy...Especially Fair into Dair

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
One last question. Are Lucinas moves safer on shield this patch?
If I'm not mistaken, more dmg = more shield stun. Also I heard that Lucina is nearly as safe as marth pre patch tipper.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
This is seriously bloody amazing. <3
i feel this helps marthcina so much more. I wanted to main lucian when the game launched but had to drop her cause i could not stand her abyssmal reach. I didn't play marth cuase i never actually was a fan of marth i was more into ike at the time. this has re-opened my love for lucina now that i can properly space with her :DDDD

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
If anything, I'm glad that down smash got buffed for both Marth and Lucina. That move used to be terrible pre-patch and lasted forever for no reason.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
Jab 1 to dancing blade true combos now. Jab 1 to up b also true combos and kills.
At what %s does jab 1 to up B kill? I'm curious about this.

I seriously think that there's very little reason to hate on Lucina now, since her attacks do almost the same amount of damage as tippered Marth. It really should come down to whether you prefer tippers or not now.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
At what %s does jab 1 to up B kill? I'm curious about this.

I seriously think that there's very little reason to hate on Lucina now, since her attacks do almost the same amount of damage as tippered Marth. It really should come down to whether you prefer tippers or not now.
It kills normally around 100% near the ledge. For big characters you simply have to jab and mash Dolphin Slash, but for characters with smaller frames you need to do a walking jab so that you slide into your Dolphin slash (otherwsie you won't get the sweetspot).

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
It kills normally around 100% near the ledge. For big characters you simply have to jab and mash Dolphin Slash, but for characters with smaller frames you need to do a walking jab so that you slide into your Dolphin slash (otherwsie you won't get the sweetspot).
Alright, thanks!

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
That's a very handy tip, thanks. Dolphin Slash has some impressive knockback when it sweetspots, but it's only been on a rare occasion that I've been able to KO with it. Perhaps now I can land some more Killer Dolphins. :yeahboi:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
I just tested it on 3DS, and I'm not sure if it was because of the CPU DI'ing, the blast lines being bigger on 3DS, or simply because I was doing it wrong, but I was unable to kill Mario at 125% on the ledge with jab 1 to Dolphin Slash. I'm sure I sweetspotted it because Mario was launched all the way to the outside of the screen, but he wouldn't just die.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I just tested it on 3DS, and I'm not sure if it was because of the CPU DI'ing, the blast lines being bigger on 3DS, or simply because I was doing it wrong, but I was unable to kill Mario at 125% on the ledge with jab 1 to Dolphin Slash. I'm sure I sweetspotted it because Mario was launched all the way to the outside of the screen, but he wouldn't just die.
3DS Blast zones are alot bigger and you have to take in to account there is no rage or anything in training mode.

Top Bottom