• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Lucas pk freeze footstool jab lock

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
This pretty cool. The beginning is the d throw to nair footstool setup but with pk freeze, so it makes sense that it works. Overall cool stuff dude. Glad to see more people use pk freeze.

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
Yeah. It might work on most people if they don't mash out quick enough.
It's all good fun, however.

I always appreciate feedback!

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Calling it "PK Freeze footstool jab lock" is kind of a misnomer since the PK Freeze had zero to do with the actual footstool to jab lock, but PK Freeze off of down throw seems like a nice way to rack up damage early since you can get a quick 9% tacked on before you even do the follow-up 12% with nair. Always nice to find more mix-ups to apply to my game.

Last edited:

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
True. I going to change the title. Sadly, this isn't a true combo, but it can't hit if they try to attack.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Freeze off down throw isn't a combo, but it's almost guaranteed that if you did it at low percents the opponent would airdodge out of fear, letting you follow them down for a more powerful freeze.

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
Oh sorry I meant guaranteed.
I still have to practice on the follow up freeze because they can airdodge or jump in time.
Unless I'm wrong because I tested this with real people when they were at 0%

Last edited:

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Sorry, should've been clearer; I was just replying to Jose planning on doing Freeze out of a down throw.

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
I guess we have to read how they react and time it correctly. I was aiming for an alternative to the common neutral airs, but it's still a cool follow up, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom