• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Lucario's match-ups (?)

GR8gamer

Smash Rookie
I've been maining Lucario since day one and ive been thinking about his match-ups lately. So i'm going to share what think about them and see if you guys have any input on what i think since i may not know everything right now.

Lucario VS Charizard
3 - 7

Lucario VS Pikachu
5.5 - 4.5

Lucario VS Pikachu Libre
4.5 - 5.5

Lucario VS Machamp
6.5 - 3.5

Lucario VS Gengar
4 - 6

Lucario VS Mewtwo
5 - 5

Lucario VS Shadow mewtwo
6 - 4

Lucario VS Suicune
4.5 - 5.5

Lucario VS Sceptile
5.5 - 4.5

Lucario VS Blaziken
6 - 4

Lucario VS Gardevoir
6.5 - 3.5

Lucario VS Garchomp
7 - 3

Lucario VS Lucario
5 - 5 (Mirror match, so its even (Obviously))

Lucario VS Weavile
3.5 - 6.5

Lucario VS Chandelure
4.5 - 5.5

Lucario VS Braixen
5.5 - 4.5

Once again i would like input on this, I don't know EVERYTHING so if you disagree with one tell me in the thread!

Last edited:

WusijiDR

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wusiji
Not a big fan of the Lucario Chandelure match just because he can't out range him, but I agree with a lot of these. The good thing about Lucario not standing out in anything is that there's not much to take advantage of in terms of the opposition

GR8gamer

Smash Rookie
Not a big fan of the Lucario Chandelure match just because he can't out range him, but I agree with a lot of these. The good thing about Lucario not standing out in anything is that there's not much to take advantage of in terms of the opposition
Yeah, i have to agree with the chandelure thing! changed it to 4.5 - 5.5

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
Why do you say the charizard match up is so bad?
and what do you use force palm for in field phase?

GR8gamer

Smash Rookie
When against charizard if you mess up with the counter attack EVEN JUST ONCE charizard is very capable of making the rest of that entire round in his favor.
Also i don't really use force palm in feild phase that much at all honestly.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
When against charizard if you mess up with the counter attack EVEN JUST ONCE charizard is very capable of making the rest of that entire round in his favor.
Also i don't really use force palm in feild phase that much at all honestly.
That's not enough explanation for a 3-7, IMO.

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
I find force palm extremely useless in field phase, slightly less so in duel phase. The move has way too small of a hitbox to be used when the opponent has so much room to move around as in field phase.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I find force palm extremely useless in field phase, slightly less so in duel phase. The move has way too small of a hitbox to be used when the opponent has so much room to move around as in field phase.
In duel phase it does craaaazzyyy damage off a wall splat. Field phase... yeah, IDK lol

GR8gamer

Smash Rookie
That's not enough explanation for a 3-7, IMO.
Flying stance creates difficulty in trying to get hits on charizard
Seismic toss -> Burst Attack is ideally a guaranteed burst attack set-up
up + Y in duel phase can be used to counter extreme speed
He has very strong and fast moves that helps him when trying to deal with Lucario's field phase projectiles
The gliding thing in field phase, like , S T O P

and i personally have most difficulty against him than any other pokemon, even Weavile...

i hope this helps understand my reasoning a bit more ^_^'

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
Flying stance creates difficulty in trying to get hits on charizard
Seismic toss -> Burst Attack is ideally a guaranteed burst attack set-up
up + Y in duel phase can be used to counter extreme speed
He has very strong and fast moves that helps him when trying to deal with Lucario's field phase projectiles
The gliding thing in field phase, like , S T O P

and i personally have most difficulty against him than any other pokemon, even Weavile...

i hope this helps understand my reasoning a bit more ^_^'
Flying stance charizard ignores our counter which is super annoying.

Isaweth

Smash Rookie
I do feel like Charizard is Lucarios worst MU. I feel like while Luc can camp out Charizard at times with aura sphere, the gap can be closed really quick. Plus Flying stance for charizard screws Luc up, as he cant counter him. Id say the matchup is around 65-35 for Charizard. Im new to the game, so I could be missing some stuff.

Top Bottom