• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Custom Moves

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Tested some customs yesterday. Extended force palm + slow aura sphere is a deadly combination for 1x1 matches, you dont even need to charge the sphere. Just release many at the same time and attack while they re onscreen. Ridiculous zoning
You mean the force palm with the extended blast? I like it but I think the strength/range of the command throw is too much to sacrifice. Also you pretty much keep most of the range of force palm blast with the regular one.

Interesting combination, will give it a try at some point.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Depends on matchups, i guess. If you want to stay close, pick stronger grab force palms. If you want to deal damage while they re getting in, pick extended blast.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Depends on matchups, i guess. If you want to stay close, pick stronger grab force palms. If you want to deal damage while they re getting in, pick extended blast.
What I mean is you can do the same type of zoning with the regular force palm, it doesn't have that much less range.

Rafitak

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6598-7610
After a day of playing quite a bit. Here's what I've noticed

1) Thumb hurts really bad, really bad

on a more related note

2) Torn between 2. Advancing force palm and 1. Regular Force palm

While I do love the power regular force palm can give, its a tough match for the range the AFP (Advance palm) can provide.
Anyone experimented? thoughts?

3) Double team Vs Glancing Counter

Anyone has thoughts on this? Im testing glancing out and its really and a guranteed hit

4) Can't seem to hit combos and grabs consistently

This is mainly because Im adjusting to the 3DS but anyone else having this issue?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Check out my earlier post on this thread.

Regular Force Palm is hands down better due to the fact you get to keep a good ranged blast.

Glancing Counter's hitbox isn't that great.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
I've been liking my current Lucario. I'm using Snaring Aura Sphere, Advancing FP, Extreme Speed Attack, and Double Team. Any advice/thoughts?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
You mean the force palm with the extended blast? I like it but I think the strength/range of the command throw is too much to sacrifice. Also you pretty much keep most of the range of force palm blast with the regular one.

Interesting combination, will give it a try at some point.
Not positive, as I haven't collected hard data, but I'm pretty sure that at least at low percents (for Lucario) the grab of the "Long Range Force Palm" has higher knockback than the default. It's actually surprisingly good, and the grab range is larger than standard FP, however it's really slow.

Like, I tend to get grabs after an opponent spot-dodges instead of when I go for it slow.

While I was messing around with it, it was definitely my go-to option for killing if I needed to take a stock after I'd just died; it tended to kill with a 0% Lucario while my opponents are at ~150%, if I remember right.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Snaring Aura Sphere is the go-to custom for Classic and Smash Run ownage.

The AI is too stupid to dodge it properly and it does a huge amount of damage to Master Hand/Core and Smash Run enemies due to them not being knocked away by it. It's also considered a launching move for the purposes of the Moon Launcher ability.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
So in competitive play is it agreed upon all these customs are absolutely awful?
Because I think so. With each custom you sacrifice killing potential with gimmicks that don't even come close to netting kills

If anyone thinks otherwise please explain ' - '

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
So in competitive play is it agreed upon all these customs are absolutely awful?
Because I think so. With each custom you sacrifice killing potential with gimmicks that don't even come close to netting kills

If anyone thinks otherwise please explain ' - '
Snaring Aura Sphere is awesome, and otherwise they're basically counterpick moves. Piercing AS is great against Rosaluma, for example, as well as Little Mac (the horizontal knockback is great for getting him offstage).

Long Range FP is pretty good against projectile spammers as it cancels most projectiles, and it also has the advantage of killing better at 0% than standard FP (I believe, haven't looked at hard numbers though). Though admittedly landing that grab is tough.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Snaring aura sphere is garbage because it will never kill, the cooldown is awful, and they'd have to have lvl 7 cpu intelligence to run into it.
Normal AS kills and hits ledge stallers/regrabbers which is a huge thing in s4.

I can almost agree with the Piercing as but still no, a smart rosa will just absorb. and little mac can still be gimped/killed with normal AS and if they see a fast piercing AS come at them offstage they'll just counter if they're any kind of decent

I guess you could do long range fp against spammers but then you sacrifice a godlike killing option.
and no, you aren't going to kill anyone at 0% with LR FP unless they're at like 160%, I just tried. Though it is better at killing at 0%, if you're letting someone live til 150+ with lucario you are doing something terribly wrong

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
why would little mac be gimped by normal AS but not Piercing?
Why is normal AS better against ledge than Snaring? Snaring can't be dodged if you're in the ledge.
Long range FP doesn't decrease the grab's power. It only decreases the shotgun's.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
He can be gimped by either piercing or normal sphere. but why not use normal since it will be better to kill with onstage and off?

Idk if you've played with lucario for 5 minutes or not but if you have someone on the ledge and you're at high% normal aura sphere will hit people grabbing the ledge if they have not chosen an option yet. it covers stalling/regrabbing.

If they see you're about to shoot a slow ass Snaring AS they can choose an option quicker than that awful cooldown and be out out of a bad ledge situation.

I didn't know that about long range FP

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
He can be gimped by either piercing or normal sphere. but why not use normal since it will be better to kill with onstage and off?

Idk if you've played with lucario for 5 minutes or not but if you have someone on the ledge and you're at high% normal aura sphere will hit people grabbing the ledge if they have not chosen an option yet. it covers stalling/regrabbing.

If they see you're about to shoot a slow *** Snaring AS they can choose an option quicker than that awful cooldown and be out out of a bad ledge situation.

I didn't know that about long range FP
If you fire a Snaring Aura Sphere at the edge it stays, letting you get back to the stage for free. Standard AS is beaten by shielding, and then they're in an advantageous position as you're on the ledge. Also, Snaring AS does actually kill quite well? Don't know where you got that it didn't...

And the PAS is good because it sends them back horizontally; Little Mac is suprisingly floaty for a "Air is death" character, and I've seen him make it back from a decent distance if he's recovering from relatively high, like where standard AS hits him. PAS sends back and low, meaning it's harder to recover.

Both certainly have their uses, though.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I was talking about using snaring for offensive options, not recovering. I guess that could be of use but I think normal has many more because you shouldnt need in any aid in recovering anyways. I was talking about as you're onstage and they're hanging on the ledge normal AS hits them.

I haven't had any trouble gimping mac with normal sphere but I suppose

I rly didn't know long range FP had the same grab kill power as normal, because you're not going to be killing with the gun hitbox anyways. I only see this one and piercing as any kind of viable honestly

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I was talking about using snaring for offensive options, not recovering. I guess that could be of use but I think normal has many more because you shouldnt need in any aid in recovering anyways. I was talking about as you're onstage and they're hanging on the ledge normal AS hits them.

I haven't had any trouble gimping mac with normal sphere but I suppose

I rly didn't know long range FP had the same grab kill power as normal, because you're not going to be killing with the gun hitbox anyways. I only see this one and piercing as any kind of viable honestly
Oh I was just giving an example; it's great for edgeguarding as well, because you can throw it at the ledge just before they get there and that blocks off basically all of their options save jump, which you can then cover yourself.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Snaring Aura Sphere(the slow one)has got to be one of my favorite custom moves in the whole game. It's way too fun using. Just for spacing or edge guarding, though I'm no pro, so I don't use all of those to the fullest admittedly. Personally, I call the move Aura Catastrophe. Since it reminds me of Dhalsim's Yoga Carastrophe move in Street Fighter.

I like the Long Range Force Palm too. The Extreme Speed Attack is pretty alright. Still a decent recovery attack. Though I don't know if any of the counters are better than the original, not that I use it much anyway.

Top Bottom