• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Lucario Support Discussion

Which support do you mainly pick?

• Snivy & Lapras

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frogadier & Eevee

• Jirachi & Whimsicott

• Croagunk & Sylveon

• Mismagius & Ninetales

• Farfetch'd & Electrode

• Dragonite & Victini

• Espeon & Umbreon

• Magneton & Quagsire

• Yveltal & Latios

• Total voters

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Because the other characters have one and we don't.

Personally, I use Magikarp and Pachirisu, because I struggle against Suicune's zoning and Magikarp gets a 10 for effort gets a 10 for interrupting opponents combos, allowing you to be a bit more aggressive with 1 "get out of jail free card".

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
I just use fennekin/emolga i find them simple and effective for protection or getting close in case of playing against a long range fighter

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Maybe it's just because I've only played the demo but I really like cubone. It seems to fit my aggressive style with lucario well

XYDewkoh

Smash Rookie
The Three I've set are in this order
1. Emolga + Fennekin
2. Cubone + Diglet
3. Cresselia + Reshiram

I've only actually used the first two, I've played a lot more with Fennekin, but I like Cubone for when I'm playing against people that like to sit back so I can get in on them.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So now I've had the game for a while and I've unlocked and tried out more supports :) I still like Cubone and Diglett but there are others I like just as much if not more. Generally I use one support in round 1 that's not as necessary and then save the second mon for round 2 so I get the charge bonus at the end no matter what. (I just use standard Cheer skills). Note I do have more practice against the computer than actual human beings :p I gotta start getting online

Frogadier and Eevee: I'll generally use Frogadier in Round 1 but Helping Hand is good either as a boost apart from Burst mode in Round 1 or a way to keep a momentum going before or after Burst mode in Round 2.

Reshiram and Cresselia: Similar but different strategy: I'll use Cresselia in Round 1 to give myself the boost before Burst mode, then take advantage of Reshiram in Round 2 so I can get him fully charged quickly.

LeifEriksson LeifEriksson : Have you tried Electrode to interrupt instead of Magikarp? I tried both but Magikarp never got charged fast enough.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I have been running the Croagunk and Sylveon support. When I first tried them out, I didn't think I would care that much for them; however, they ended up fitting my playstyle perfectly.

I also occasionally run Magneton and Quagsire since they offer a massive amount of control to the air and ground respectively. The only reason I don't use them as often is that they aren't that versatile.

Top Bottom