• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
We really need to think of some things to discuss. There's no way a chat like this can lose its hype after one year.

pienapped

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-9727-7435
There's just not much to talk about, well nothing I can really think of.
Also, hi. Just repicked up Lucario as a secondary.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Hi. Looks like you and I have a mutual secondary. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the thread is accumulating dust. But if there's really that new patch coming soon, shouldn't we be talking about what changes we would like to see to Lucario?

pienapped

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-9727-7435
Hi. Looks like you and I have a mutual secondary. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the thread is accumulating dust. But if there's really that new patch coming soon, shouldn't we be talking about what changes we would like to see to Lucario?
The 1.1.6 patch?

Airpoizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
(Private)
3DS FC
0946-2898-1267
I love Lucario as a character I just can't play him lol. He's pretty underrated.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If Luma gets nerfed a significant amount I'll be really happy.

I also want to see the knock back gain for ZSS Flip Kick and Ness BThrow reduced a little maybe 2-5.

I also want Lucario buffs, but only to a few things like:
  • Jab 1 startup reduced by 1-2 frames. Jab 2 and 3 would also need to be speed up a frame.
  • Horizontal hitbox increases by 1.1-1.25 times on NAir, BAir, FTilt, and FAir.
  • Force Palm Flame to not whiff at point blank.
  • Air Walk returning. Rising DAir out of shield.
  • NAir hit 2 to hit right after NAir hit 1 hitbox ends.
  • BAir late hit to be restored, which got programmed out of the game before the game was released.
  • If the late hit is not restored I'd love to have the hitbox duration last at least 1 more frame for BAir.
  • BAir hitbox to come out after FAir is used at the start of a short hop even if it requires frame perfection.
  • Aura Sphere Charge knock back gain increased, it got nerfed to 93, but was 100 when the game released. Even if it was increased by 1 I would be happy.
I know I've said these things multiple times before, but... Stickies are visible to visitors and if Nintendo was perusing this forum... Well, one can hope.

Last edited:

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
If Luma gets nerfed a significant amount I'll be really happy.

I also want to see the knock back gain for ZSS Flip Kick and Ness BThrow reduced a little maybe 2-5.

I also want Lucario buffs, but only to a few things like:
  • Jab 1 startup reduced by 1-2 frames. Jab 2 and 3 would also need to be speed up a frame.
  • Horizontal hitbox increases by 1.1-1.25 times on NAir, BAir, FTilt.
  • Force Palm Flame to not whiff at point blank.
  • Air Walk returning. Rising DAir out of shield.
  • NAir hit 2 to hit right after NAir hit 1 hitbox ends.
  • BAir late hit to be restored, which got programmed out of the game before the game was released.
  • If the late hit is not restored I'd love to have the hitbox duration last at least 1 more frame for BAir.
  • BAir hitbox to come out after FAir is used at the start of a short hop even if it requires frame perfection.
  • Aura Sphere Charge knock back gain increased, it got nerfed to 93, but was 100 when the game released. Even if it was increased by 1 I would be happy.
I know I've said these things multiple times before, but... Stickies are visible to visitors and if Nintendo was perusing this forum... Well, one can hope.
Hmm. Thought you wanted some changes to Forward Air.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Well, I'll be. How could such things happen? It's not like you asked to be in the same thread...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Recently, I noticed something that seemed awkward. While Lucario has seen some changes in its attributes, Mega Lucario still has Lucario's original speed attributes. It seems that before the updates modified Lucario, both Lucario and Mega Lucario had the exact same speed attribute values.

After seeing this information, it just seems so weird that Mega Lucario is less mobile than Lucario, but since Mega Lucario is a Final Smash fighter, I can probably understand why it was untouched.

Last edited:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Congrats to ASTRO for placing 13th in GOML before being killed by the evil gay Fox. Also Croi Croi , good work in Brawl singles. Did Brawl bracket hold you hostage or you got slain in S4 bracket early?

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
So now I believe we have no more patch notes I want to make a video guide on Lucario.

I wanna make it community based so I'll be making a thread about it soon to discuss what we need to cover.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Has anyone played with UTilt to footstool? That'd be hilarious if we could get a footstool jab lock confirm off of a new stock. If it did work... We might have a 30+ combo or even a 0 to death combo at lol Aura percents.

Any lab assistants wanna help me find stuff?

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Has anyone played with UTilt to footstool? That'd be hilarious if we could get a footstool jab lock confirm off of a new stock. If it did work... We might have a 30+ combo or even a 0 to death combo at lol Aura percents.

Any lab assistants wanna help me find stuff?
I can see the practicality behind it. So I am in.

Vivi_Ornitier

Smash Rookie
NNID
HardcoreKnight
3DS FC
3153-4545-7585
i've also discovered some secret lucario tech that nobody else knows, such as:
-force palm grab into up b (work at very specific %, esp w/ high aura), great for closing out stocks
-force palm grab into bair jablock (work at very low %, very specific to get)
-aura sphere charge into up b (a great kill confirm, probably better than ascjcu)
now i don't know about you guys, but this could change the face of the lucario metagame drastically. this might even make lucario top 25 in the game.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
i've also discovered some secret lucario tech that nobody else knows, such as:
-force palm grab into up b (work at very specific %, esp w/ high aura), great for closing out stocks
-force palm grab into bair jablock (work at very low %, very specific to get)
-aura sphere charge into up b (a great kill confirm, probably better than ascjcu)
now i don't know about you guys, but this could change the face of the lucario metagame drastically. this might even make lucario top 25 in the game.
I think as of right now Lucario is indeed top 25 in the game, easy

:150:

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I wonder how long we can jab lock NAir and what other practical jab locks we can do from a footstool off of say Aura Sphere charge.

If we could do something like...
Hit with Aura Sphere charge, footstool, fast fall DAir to cancel momentum, NAir jab lock, UTilt, footstool, fast fall DAir to cancel momentum, NAir jab lock, to repeat UTilt footstool or finisher... If this especially worked at the start of a fresh stock we might have some 0-death setups.

Heh, if this kind of stuff did work we might be top 10.

If anyone wants to test out footstool stuff that would be amazing.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I wonder how long we can jab lock NAir and what other practical jab locks we can do from a footstool off of say Aura Sphere charge.

If we could do something like...
Hit with Aura Sphere charge, footstool, fast fall DAir to cancel momentum, NAir jab lock, UTilt, footstool, fast fall DAir to cancel momentum, NAir jab lock, to repeat UTilt footstool or finisher... If this especially worked at the start of a fresh stock we might have some 0-death setups.

Heh, if this kind of stuff did work we might be top 10.

If anyone wants to test out footstool stuff that would be amazing.
I've tried this, but the Dair either hits the opponent or it takes too long and I can't lock with Nair. Was this completely hypothetical or what?

Top Bottom