• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Can anyone help on the aurashpere to upsmash?
It was the last thing I learned in the skype chat, but I still haven't figured it out by myself.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Can anyone help on the aurashpere to upsmash?
It was the last thing I learned in the skype chat, but I still haven't figured it out by myself.
Aura Sphere Charge -> Shield -> Hold Up -> Jump -> Attack Button practice it, so that you do it so quickly shield won't even come out.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
How is Lucario looking on the tier list exactly? I've seen a few saying B tier. I personally would place him anywhere between B+ and A tier. I'm also curious as to how many mains are too many. I'm tempted to drop from 4/5 down to 2. Right now I play: Lucina, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, and Lucario/Greninja. (still can't decide between Lucario and Greninja, for those who remember me) I feel Lucina is a mainstay, but I'm trying to think of a character that can cover fields she cannot. I wonder if Lucario would be a good character to use for that situation, should I drop down to 2 mains. Yes, I'm aware you can say "Just stick with 1 main." but I need more variety than that.

Last edited:

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
Just because you have a main doesn't mean that you don't play other characters. Lucario's my first when I fight someone else for the first time, and I prefer to use him if I lose horribly so I can learn how to improve, but if it's 50/50 I'lll swap to someone else and mess around.

Tiers aren't going to mean much for another year or so. Maybe a year after the last patch goes live. Aura bark bark.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Just because you have a main doesn't mean that you don't play other characters. Lucario's my first when I fight someone else for the first time, and I prefer to use him if I lose horribly so I can learn how to improve, but if it's 50/50 I'lll swap to someone else and mess around.

Tiers aren't going to mean much for another year or so. Maybe a year after the last patch goes live. Aura bark bark.
I know that, but I would prefer having more than just 1 main, that just doesn't work for me. Nonetheless, I figured I'd see where you guys thought he'd lie in the tier list, just so I had an idea.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
After having to play Mr. R in tournament yesterday. I have never felt so helpless against Sheik before. Almost all of our buttons are too slow or not active enough to deal with this girl. Seriously, I hate how our fair is active for only 2 damn frames.

The reason we could somewhat fight Meta Knight in Brawl was because of how active our stuff was, not the case here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah sorry I'm still stuck with phone right now so I'm being useless
It's all good.

After having to play Mr. R in tournament yesterday. I have never felt so helpless against Sheik before. Almost all of our buttons are too slow or not active enough to deal with this girl. Seriously, I hate how our fair is active for only 2 damn frames.

The reason we could somewhat fight Meta Knight in Brawl was because of how active our stuff was, not the case here.
She can be tricky.

Still how bad did it turn out for you?

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Double 2 stock and couldn't get him past 60%.

I legitimately felt like there wasn't anything I could do since all my options were just plain outclassed.

I also lost to another Sheik in losers. I got so fed up with perfect shielding her stuff and not being able to punish her I just went Sheik the second game.

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Well the closer you get to the top, the more the frame data is going to matter. Forcepalm is literally our only move that can kill decently that isn't above human reaction time, outside of ASC shenans. Like, spot dodge literally ****s on all of Lucario's upclose kill options it's ******** and Down tilt is our only move that has small enough endlag to actually trap a spot dodge.

Lucario needs some serious frame data trimming if we are ever going to be considered high tier. The only thing keeping results up at this point is matchup knowledge.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Double 2 stock and couldn't get him past 60%.

I legitimately felt like there wasn't anything I could do since all my options were just plain outclassed.

I also lost to another Sheik in losers. I got so fed up with perfect shielding her stuff and not being able to punish her I just went Sheik the second game.
Hmm, yeah this is a lot different with the lack of long lasting moves now.

And sheik is a lot stronger this time around.

Something I think maybe I should look into more.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Sheik is difficult for alot of characters. Personally I typically shield, dair, jab, grab, pummel, up throw then uair for when she rushes in. With that said I honestly switch to Pit/D.Pit whenever fighting a Sheik. I think Lucario is about B+ or A on the tier. The main advantage we have is that Sheik kind of kills later but racks up damage quickly which is helpful for aura obviously. In my area we always have customs so I use his custom side B (which is amazing) against her.

Croi

Smash Lord
I'm kinda in the mood to do a combo video for Lucario. Low-aura combos are more style than substance, which is perfectly fine for a video like that. If people want to send me their best clips, I could get started on that.

As for credentials, this is probably the most hype video I've ever done. It doesn't hold a candle to some other people's stuff, but I also don't use Adobe this or Sony that - I use avisynth, a command line, and every single edit I make is hand-written.

e: My 3DS has been hard-modded, so I can capture directly off the 3DS, if someone has, for whatever reason, a hype clip on the 3DS version.

Last edited:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda in the mood to do a combo video for Lucario. Low-aura combos are more style than substance, which is perfectly fine for a video like that. If people want to send me their best clips, I could get started on that.
I've also been thinking of doing a combo video of some sort but it's so hard to land any satisfying combos that end in a KO (though that's hardly any news to any old Lucario main from Brawl). I'm totally ok with those low aura combos but I feel that the combo video will feel somewhat empty and anticlimatic with the opponent surviving in most of the clips. That's why I've practically stopped about thinking of making a combovideo of my own and focusing on the upcoming epic moments compilation with Trifroze (´◔ ‿ゝ◔`)

I've personally collected only a few clips in which the opponent gets KO'd but I could probably send those to you at some point.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Kami confirmed for most slippery paws I guess.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I feel like now is the most appropriate time ever:

Kids these days -_-

(although most of us are supposed to be adults)

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Cant believe you guys are really going to let engarde take over that chat with "skype rules" lol

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
EnGarde helps run several character chats and breathed new life into them. I've known her since my Smogon days, she's an extremely dependable person that I'd probably trust my life with.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
said steam who kicked me 4 times for no reason xd
the old group had plenty of life without you mti

might just make my own sometime

Steam

Smash Hero
poor stem, emotionally scarred for life because i wouldnt watch a video
I asked you to watch then jokingly kept begging you when youd forget. Im not losing sleep my friend.

In any case. No more posts about recent drama on Skype.

Top Bottom