• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ROB has the gas meter.

Pikachu can only move twice and it can be interrupted if you realize the the distance of each part.

Villager, they were drunk.

This is from a design and balance point on paper. It doesn't always translate well in practice

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
the gas meter on rob makes him much more gimpable than brawl,i have personal experience on that
apparently they did it with villager too now so thats nice
pikachus is only stupid because of how good it is onstage

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
the gas meter on rob makes him much more gimpable than brawl,i have personal experience on that
apparently they did it with villager too now so thats nice
pikachus is only stupid because of how good it is onstage
Same here. I had something interesting happen a few weeks ago against a Rob.
Apparently if you ledge trump him when he's out of gas, he can't make it back and dies

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I always hear it as WOY.

I hope this ruins him for everyone now when they select the character.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not until they patch it so that you can have party function with friends.

Stigmata

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thorizard10
3DS FC
3652-1600-9459
I'd be fine with some reduced cooldown. But Extremespeed is up there with the laggiest move-ending I've ever seen in Smash! And with such a sensitive move, that can be really unfair to be punished by!

Timbah

Smash Cadet
I'd be fine with some reduced cooldown. But Extremespeed is up there with the laggiest move-ending I've ever seen in Smash! And with such a sensitive move, that can be really unfair to be punished by!
Well, you can reduce the lag by either bumping headfirst into the ground (which doesn't really make much sense) or (better yet) sweetspotting the landing so you "skate" as you land.

With a bit of practice you can learn to sweetspot it almost always, even from below the stage, and it really reduces the lag by a lot, so I'd say its fair.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Extreme Speed is pretty sensetive to guide, but managable if you stay calm. There's plenty of mobility to keep your foes guessing. If you're not used to it while recovering yet, it's probably best to aim directly for the edge until then.

Walls are especially useful since you can use the move to fling yourself right into one and hang out for a fair amount of time. Nowhere as broken (and hilarious) as Brawl Lucario, though still arguably the best wall user. Instead of Extreme Speed, you can try wall climbing instead whenever you're able to, free to attack as long as you time your later wall jumps.

A lot of options, based on the stage. The lack of walls is merely a minor setback.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
I thought pivoting made only made the range on normal grabs silly. Speaking of which, can someone show me a visual for how silly Luc's pivot grab is?

Croi

Smash Lord
Like Pimpstick said, I didn't think pivoting effected FP's grab range at all. If that's the case, it should also effect Mewtwo's Confusion and somehow Ganondorf's Flame Choke.

Steam

Smash Hero
Like Pimpstick said, I didn't think pivoting effected FP's grab range at all. If that's the case, it should also effect Mewtwo's Confusion and somehow Ganondorf's Flame Choke.
wierd, I think it had to do with ness turning around at the last second and his giant head. try watching in slowmo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Looks normal to me. It's probably like Steam says, the very instant the grab portion came out, Ness turned towards you and put himself in range. He is the cause of his own demise, his giant fat noggin.

Last edited:

Rafitak

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6598-7610
So thinkaman just posted this:

Lucario ------- Jab1 hitbox 0 angle 60 -> 80 kbg 30 -> 10 bkb 45 -> 33 hitbox 1 kgb 30 -> 10 bkb 45 -> 33 delayed hitbox 0 angle 90 -> 80 kbg 30 -> 10 bkb 50 -> 32 Jab2 hitbox 0 angle 72 -> 60 kbg 30 -> 20 bkb 50 -> 38 hitbox 1 kgb 30 -> 20 bkb 50 -> 32 hitbox 2 kgb 30 -> 20

Thoughts?

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
So thinkaman just posted this:

Lucario -------
  • Jab1
    • hitbox 0
      • angle 60 -> 80
      • kbg 30 -> 10
      • bkb 45 -> 33
    • hitbox 1
      • kgb 30 -> 10
      • bkb 45 -> 33
    • delayed hitbox 0
      • angle 90 -> 80
      • kbg 30 -> 10
      • bkb 50 -> 32
  • Jab2
    • hitbox 0
      • angle 72 -> 60
      • kbg 30 -> 20
      • bkb 50 -> 38
    • hitbox 1
      • kgb 30 -> 20
      • bkb 50 -> 32
    • hitbox 2
      • kgb 30 -> 20
Thoughts?
Needed the bullets. That just means that our jab will leave our foe stunned FOR A SHORTER TIME, and they will have less knock-back. With resolves in our jab combo linking together, with the enough Knockback to truly combo.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Eh.
I'm fine with the less knockback thing.

It'd have to have a lot of stun in the first place for our terrible jab cancel to follow up with anything that's actually a threat. It's nice that we won't be getting punished for landing a jab now though. :T Overall our jabs still pretty awful in comparison to the rest of our moveset outside of occasionally throwing off someones shielding.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If Lucario had a real jab cancel...then the world can shed those tears.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Found a simple Lucario combo, not sure if anyone already knows this since im a late scumbag, but at 0%, d-throw to u-air, when they try to land, run at them since Lucario is faster than anyone on land if the opponent is in the air(expect some characters like jiggly puff), once your right at them, do force-palm, if you have over 100%+ aura, you will do crazy knockback, decent damage too if you want to bring it back 10%

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dthrow discussion? Here we gooooooooo

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is Splatoon super fun?

I might be interested in trying it out despite me being awful at shooters, I go 3-18 in CoD/Halo etc. usually.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
D-throws greatest benefit is looking beast as **** and it kills in sudden death :333333

Realistically though, it's good for when people DI u-throw to the back of you occasionally. If you notice someone doing that consistantly, I like to just throw it out and bait out airdodges into b-air or just slam one out raw. D-throw is influenced by DI a lot more then U-throw so it tends to set up pretty well. Very niche use, but it can be worth a shot on occasion when you have the aura to seal the deal.

But I dunno.
It's hard to use over the combo damage you get from u-throw, or the positioning that F and B offer. :TTTT

Is Splatoon super fun?

I might be interested in trying it out despite me being awful at shooters, I go 3-18 in CoD/Halo etc. usually.
GIT IT.
Yesss it's very fun. This is the first shooter i've played sense I was like...8. So yeah, i'm pretty ****ing awful, but this game is still incredibly fun. Completely don't regret buying it.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a fun game, but I've played very little. Honestly waiting until that patch to come out to dive deeper.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I drew one as well a while back :3 I'm not a good drawer but I was satisfied with the outcome. First drawing in GIMP (first drawing period) since 2011-2012 -ish:

He's a character of mine named Riky.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I drew a 'cario! It's a big picture so beware.
Looks awesome Loota!

I drew one as well a while back :3 I'm not a good drawer but I was satisfied with the outcome. First drawing in GIMP (first drawing period) since 2011-2012 -ish:

He's a character of mine named Riky.
I think this looks pretty good honestly, you don't give yourself enough credit! : D

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
That image reminds me of 2v2 FG matches in which I'm teamed up with Mewtwo. No matter who what where or when, if I'm teamed up with a Mewtwo, we always do extremely well together. Like the chaining-grabs-and-attacks-together-for-insane-combos-and-kills-and-breaking-each-other-out-of-jams kind of doing well. It's almost as if we're two working as one like a team should, and it's beautiful C:

Last edited:
Top Bottom